Week 10: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Last 7 games the Bills have scored: 35, 43, 40, 38, 34, 26, 6.  Let's hold off on declaring the offense dead.

Yep panic button way too early. We've had the same run issues.

Also guys like Sanders, Williams and Dawkins have played at near pro bowl levels before. I'm not ignoring our core OG issues, but not willing to cry just yet. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Never suggested dead, but game planning is becoming easier against us and will continue until we can run. Play action is dead, long passing game is gone due to blitzing etc. Dec is coming, ball on the ground is an important balance. 

So let's just consider reality and concern about an offense that is looking less dynamic the last few weeks. 

You stated that the offense had become "easy to game plan against".  They have been held below 25 points once in the last 7 games.  Could the offense be clicking better?  Absolutely.  Are they "easy to game plan against"?  I doubt it.

• Agree 1

I feel no anger or really any other emotion after last week towards the Bills other than optimism, and I'm taking this season as it comes. We'll be there in the end hopefully, we have a team that can do it.

That being said, they better punt the Jets into outer space lol. Losing to the Jets would break me.

1 hour ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

You stated that the offense had become "easy to game plan against".  They have been held below 25 points once in the last 7 games.  Could the offense be clicking better?  Absolutely.  Are they "easy to game plan against"?  I doubt it.

Read please. I said it is becoming easier to game plan against us. The less you can run, the more attention the passing game gets. Each week we are less dynamic than early in the season because of a poor running game. IMHO.

This is not about clicking. Deep passing game regression is affected by increase in pass rush as play action and run game us not a threat. JA has less time and more containment. He is being hit more.

Yes the oline is weak and is a major cause of this but the running backs share some blame. 

6 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Read please. I said it is becoming easier to game plan against us. The less you can run, the more attention the passing game gets. Each week we are less dynamic than early in the season because of a poor running game. IMHO.

This is not about clicking. Deep passing game regression is affected by increase in pass rush as play action and run game us not a threat. JA has less time and more containment. He is being hit more.

Yes the oline is weak and is a major cause of this but the running backs share some blame. 

I did read what you wrote.  You stated exactly "In 2021 we have become a single phase game out of necessity, easy to game plan against."  I do not think anyone in the league considers the Bills easy to game plan against.  But I will agree to disagree and hope that the Bills offense puts up 45 on Sunday so we can all breath a little easier for at least a week.

7 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

I did read what you wrote.  You stated exactly "In 2021 we have become a single phase game out of necessity, easy to game plan against."  I do not think anyone in the league considers the Bills easy to game plan against.  But I will agree to disagree and hope that the Bills offense puts up 45 on Sunday so we can all breath a little easier for at least a week.

Easier not easy. Week one very difficult but once you show your tendencies then planning changes thru out the year. Easier because running game is poor and not dangerous as demonstrated over the weeks.

I hope 45 points Sunday too, but one dementional teams eventually die by their only sword.

35 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I probably missed it, but how long is trubisky out? 

Don’t know but looks like they don’t expect him back in time to practice this week since they already elevated Davis Webb.  He was placed on the covid list 11/6, I believe. Don’t know if he was positive or an unvaccinated close contact. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Last 7 games the Bills have scored: 35, 43, 40, 38, 34, 26, 6.  Let's hold off on declaring the offense dead.

I’m curious to see how much of our offensive line struggles are injury related…it’s incredible how much some of these guys have regressed since just last season. Darryl Williams was absolutely awful last week. Seems like losing Knox is when things started to go south 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

I feel no anger or really any other emotion after last week towards the Bills other than optimism, and I'm taking this season as it comes. We'll be there in the end hopefully, we have a team that can do it.

That being said, they better punt the Jets into outer space lol. Losing to the Jets would break me.

Thanks for spending 1st round picks on big Mike Williams, McGahee, and trading up for Losman.  Gregg Williams was absolutely the right coaching hire.

5 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Damn.  We should let the league know we scored 34 against the Titans and maybe they'll change it from a loss to a tie.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.