Week 10: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

9 hours ago, Greg S said:

D-line is solid but the secondary is garbage. Did you not see what the Colts did to them last week? To me this game comes down to the Bills OL and can they play respectable. I don't expect them to play good but just give Josh some time to throw and he will destroy the Jets secondary. I expect the Bills D to handle the Jets O although White will probably lead them on some nice drives. Don't expect the Bills D to hold them to 9 points. Bottom line if the Bills O-line does OK the Bills will win. IMHO.

If the Bills lose to the Jets then the team is in trouble. Good teams don't lose to inferior bottom feeder teams. Make no mistake about it the Jags and the Jets suck. Imho, another lose signifies the Bills team isn't good enough to succeed in the playoffs. Perhaps, it's an over reaction but I don't how the team will overcome a Jets lose. 

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

47 to 9 is a ridiculous ratio agreed…. I just hope they don’t force the run while being ineffective…. And Josh is a rhythm QB. Run, run pass isn’t really this offenses recipe for success…. I’m not arguing for more balance, but  50/50 run pass game plan is also a recipe for failure IMO.

We're just going to violently agree on this one.  Somewhere between 50/50 and 80/20 pass....

I'm wondering if the Bills are considering putting 5 OLmen on the field kinda like the way SF had some success doing a couple of years ago. Also, Knox returning is helpful but I wonder if he can block with a recently fractured hand. 3 weeks away, I imagine there will be some pain when jabbing that hand at a defender. Hopefully, Spencer's back isn't serious and he's ready to roll. I wonder what run blocking will look like this week. I know the coaches like guys who can play multiple positions on the OL, but all of this shuffling can't be easy on the players. I really hope they get something serviceable figured out quick so those players can gel as a unit. Anyway, I think they are now under the gun to get things figured out in short order. Going to be interesting to see how this plays out over the next couple of weeks.

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

If the Bills lose to the Jets then the team is in trouble. Good teams don't lose to inferior bottom feeder teams. Make no mistake about it the Jags and the Jets suck. Imho, another lose signifies the Bills team isn't good enough to succeed in the playoffs. Perhaps, it's an over reaction but I don't how the team will overcome a Jets lose. 

If we lose to the Jets it will feel like season over and the heat will really turn up on McDermott and either/or Daboll and Fraser, depending where the game was lost. The thing is even a sloppy win like against the Dolphins won’t feel like enough, it won’t feel as though the wheels have been put back on the track.

Just looking at what happened around the Bucs being blown out by the Saints, they narrowly beat the Giants 25-23 (ignored warning sign) prior to the 38-3, then comfortably overcame the Panthers 46-23 in the following game. That’s the kind of response we need. I know it sounds bad, but I have no faith in the team at the moment that they’ll respond.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

I'm wondering if the Bills are considering putting 5 OLmen on the field kinda like the way SF had some success doing a couple of years ago. Also, Knox returning is helpful but I wonder if he can block with a recently fractured hand. 3 weeks away, I imagine there will be some pain when jabbing that hand at a defender. Hopefully, Spencer's back isn't serious and he's ready to roll. I wonder what run blocking will look like this week. I know the coaches like guys who can play multiple positions on the OL, but all of this shuffling can't be easy on the players. I really hope they get something serviceable figured out quick so those players can gel as a unit. Anyway, I think they are now under the gun to get things figured out in short order. Going to be interesting to see how this plays out over the next couple of weeks.

I'm assuming you mean 6 instead of usual Bills alignment of 2 Tackles and a Center with no guards....Oh wait😜

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Can someone explain to me how Darryl Williams suddenly forgot to play RT? He was solid for us last year. Now, he looks totally lost. It’s very weird. 

Far from the man who locked up TJ Watt one on one last year. Only thing that makes sense is that he was more motivated playing on 1 year deal. 

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I know that you guys don't believe this, but work with me here......The coaches and FO of a team that's been to the playoffs the last two years are not suddenly atrocious and totally inept at player evaluation.

Tommy Doyle has been inactive every game and was not activated to play RT when Brown got hurt *because he's not good enough at this time*.  The coaches are not inexplicably leaving better players on the bench or on the practice squad.

I think you're correct about how Ford played, but if Brown can't go they will put someone else in at G.

I agree with you mostly here. We likely aren’t sitting on some hidden stud somewhere that the staff has missed on. The only place I slightly disagree is with respect to Ryan Bates. The distinction for me here is that I don’t think the staff thinks he isn’t good, but that they value him more as a backup who can play all 5 positions on the line, particularly with Feliciano being the hurt and the backup center. My issue with that is that you can’t value him so much as a backup that you are willing to forego quality on the starting line and play someone substandard over him (Ford). I dont think he’s some all-pro, but it’s frustrating they won’t just play the guy.

I won’t put words in your mouth, but if your contention is that maybe they have considered Bates, and that maybe they feel he isn’t as good as Ford, that’s a fair point and I can’t argue that. I don’t see him in practice every day. I’d just like to see the kid get a shot because he’s looked good in spot duty. Certainly better than Ford has looked. Free Ryan Bates. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, UKBillFan said:

If we lose to the Jets it will feel like season over and the heat will really turn up on McDermott and either/or Daboll and Fraser, depending where the game was lost. The thing is even a sloppy win like against the Dolphins won’t feel like enough, it won’t feel as though the wheels have been put back on the track.

Just looking at what happened around the Bucs being blown out by the Saints, they narrowly beat the Giants 25-23 (ignored warning sign) prior to the 38-3, then comfortably overcame the Panthers 46-23 in the following game. That’s the kind of response we need. I know it sounds bad, but I have no faith in the team at the moment that they’ll respond.

I hear you. Not going to lie my confidence is wavering after the Jags game. However, it's a week to week NFL. A nice win vs the Jets will go a long way to winning the division. 

The AFC seems to be wide open. There are probably 6 to 7 teams that could represent the AFC in super bowl. The Bills are in that group of teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

I hear you. Not going to lie my confidence is wavering after the Jags game. However, it's a week to week NFL. A nice win vs the Jets will go a long way to winning the division. 

The AFC seems to be wide open. There are probably 6 to 7 teams that could represent the AFC in super bowl. The Bills are in that group of teams. 

We are for now, I agree. I think Sunday is huge if we want to remain in that contender slot, though.

• Like (+1) 1

I think the Bills win ugly on Sunday. The defense and special teams lead the way to a 23-13 win. Bills offensive problems continue. Lack of a run game and Allen under duress again. Jets will play lots of cover 2 and Beasley will be captain check down. Allen takes care of the ball and is turnover free. Bills defense gets 3 turnovers and Bass converts 3 field goals.  Not pretty but the win is what counts. I'll take it...

Edited by newcam2012

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

I think the Bills win ugly on Sunday. The defense and special teams lead the way to a 23-13 win. Bills offensive problems continue. Lack of a run game and Allen under duress again. Jets will play lots of cover 2 and Beasley will be captain check down. Allen takes care of the ball and is turnover free. Bills defense gets 3 turnovers and Bass converts 3 field goals.  Not pretty but the win is what counts. I'll take it...

Predicting the future aren't we. We have no clue how it's gonna go, until it goes 

6 hours ago, TBBills said:

He threw for 30 yards and the players did the rest. It was mostly screens and dump offs.

This game should be easy. 

This game should be easy?

Are we really still saying this after just losing to the jags? You know, the team who got blown out by Geno smith a week before

3 hours ago, Brian3488 said:

Predicting the future aren't we. We have no clue how it's gonna go, until it goes 

Just giving an opinion. Isn't that what we do here? Like predicting the acore of a game. I think many times games or team tendencies are somewhat predictable. So fans often have a clue on how the game will go. Maybe you just don't know much about football and don't know team strengths, weaknesses, patterns, and tendencies. Thus, you are clueless. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I think this is very realistic scenario and I would be fine with that. We can't expect all problems to instantly disappear, and there is no need to be perfect in November. We just need to keep (start) winning right now.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.