Glass half full

78thealltimegreat

The Bills had 9 drives today 6 that went  into Jacksonville territory…

if just one of these drives resulted in a touchdown they win 10-9….
  In addition to that they had 12 penalties some of the ridiculous kind like Stars holding call…

The 3 losses this year are by a combined 13 points and a strong argument can be made with a bounce here and there they should easily be 8-0…

In all three losses the Bills have had the lead in the second half so in other words teams aren’t beating the Bills as much as the Bills are just beating themselves 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

D kept them to single digits... and gave them a chance to win at the end...

Struggling to find anything redeeming on the other side

This is a negative and been a problem for them all year.. they struggle to get the ball across the stripe

The glass half full thing is that you want to be playing the best football the final 6-7 weeks and into playoffs. So they are struggling now and facing adversity. But the goals are still there and in play. Better to get slapped back to reality now. 

There was zero intensity today and they were totally out-physical’d by the Jags. That might be the slap they needed.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

We lost to a 1-6 football team that hasn’t won in the US over a year. And has a huge offensive output of 9 points. 

***** these silver lining posts 

You're right. Screw any positivity if some of us want to feel that way or even look for it. The only way to view this loss is the way YOU want us too. Let's ***** on Allen and set the rest of the house on ablaze when there's only a fire in the kitchen. 

For all the haters that ***** on positive posters for "not allowing them to criticize the team", you guys do the same exact freaking thing when people try to brighten the day of others by attempting to find positives in a loss while this entire site burns down. 

And for the record, I'm extremely upset by this loss. More than I should be. But the personal attacks on posts and opinions is getting ridiculous. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So, the game was close?

11 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

In addition to that they had 12 penalties some of the ridiculous kind like Stars holding call…

The 3 losses this year are by a combined 13 points and a strong argument can be made with a bounce here and there they should easily be 8-0…

In all three losses the Bills have had the lead in the second half so in other words teams aren’t beating the Bills as much as the Bills are just beating themselves 

Said another way, I think the Bills on paper are one of the best 5-3 teams ever.  However, not being able to put teams away is a problem.  Not getting it done in the 4th quarter is a problem.   These guys got it done in the 4th last year.

4 minutes ago, Vertig0 said:

You're right. Screw any positivity if some of us want to feel that way or even look for it. The only way to view this loss is the way YOU want us too. Let's ***** on Allen and set the rest of the house on ablaze when there's only a fire in the kitchen. 

For all the haters that ***** on positive posters for "not allowing them to criticize the team", you guys do the same exact freaking thing when people try to brighten the day of others by attempting to find positives in a loss while this entire site burns down. 

And for the record, I'm extremely upset by this loss. More than I should be. But the personal attacks on posts and opinions is getting ridiculous. 

They can come Monday. 

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The glass half full thing is that you want to be playing the best football the final 6-7 weeks and into playoffs. So they are struggling now and facing adversity. But the goals are still there and in play. Better to get slapped back to reality now. 

There was zero intensity today and they were totally out-physical’d by the Jags. That might be the slap they needed.

I hope you are right.. but how many slaps do they need?

They lost to Tenn before the Bye and were terrible in the first half last week..  Maybe the fact that they still won by two TDs last week led to a false sense of security that they could pull something like that out at will...

• Agree 1

I strongly recommend people going back and looking at Jacksonville's games.

They were beating the Cardinals and Bengals into the 2nd half or 4th quarter.  

Since they're first 2 games they've been a much better team.  

They got Henry'd in the Tennessee game and lost Robinson at Seattle 

Edited by Big Blitz

13 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I hope you are right.. but how many slaps do they need?

They lost to Tenn before the Bye and were terrible in the first half last week..  Maybe the fact that they still won by two TDs last week led to a false sense of security that they could pull something like that out at will...

I agree with this take. Think the second half at Miami gave them a false sense of security and today damn well better have opened their eyes. 

Too much Sportscenter, Good Morning Football, Power Rankings and Vegas Odds. You can say that they're professionals, and they, themselves, can say that they don't pay attention to that *****, but they do. They bought the hype. They thought Jax would lay down. They didn't. When you're being thrust into the limelight by the media hype machine, every team is going to take their best shot at you every single week. They aren't America's little brother, the Underdogs, any more. Better learn that lesson and not forget it. 

We shall see... 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

A good team simply does not lose this game. It’s not like the Jags offense came out guns blazing and racked up points. The Bills D held them to 9 points. If the Bills O was only marginally competent, they score 16 and do what they need to do to win. Today, they weren’t even occasionally competent. I guess we’ll see what kind of heart this team has and their ability to bounce back from their worst game in years. Oh, and Josh was sick today, but they won’t admit it

10 minutes ago, DD4Bills said:

A good team simply does not lose this game. It’s not like the Jags offense came out guns blazing and racked up points. The Bills D held them to 9 points. If the Bills O was only marginally competent, they score 16 and do what they need to do to win. Today, they weren’t even occasionally competent. I guess we’ll see what kind of heart this team has and their ability to bounce back from their worst game in years. Oh, and Josh was sick today, but they won’t admit it

A good team is on the the Jets. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.