11/7/21 Bills @ Jaguars Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

Game reminds me of the 20-3 loss to the Raiders in 1994...another bad one, to a junk Todd Maranovich led Raiders team that was never going to be good,  but at least the Raiders dominated the game. This one feels even a bit worse.

Tough to accept losing a game where the QB had 118 yards passing. And jags had 215 yards offense. 

Edited by RichRiderBills

5 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

So we throw out last year and judge everything off of the fact that Knox emerged and Sanders has a big role in the offense so Davis has played less?

Oh and of course the fact that Davis dropped 1 pass. 

We desperately needed that catch today. If I'm a WR3 who is now barely getting targets, I sure as hell better be ultra focused on the opportunities I have.

2 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

You need time for play action to develop.  A fake handoff doesn't work when the interior pressure has already beaten their blocks.

Again this is correct but also I am correct that has nothing to do with how effective or not you are running the ball. 

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Stunning loss to state the obvious. I really didn't see this coming. This loss was clearly on the offense. The oline seems to be worst than I thought. Thus, Allen has no time to throw and the Bills can't run effectively. Daboll and the offense had no answers for the feeble Jags D. Allen was just terrible today. He was rattled, panicked, and made inexcusable turnovers. The wide receivers had some key drops as well. 

For a min, I thought the Jags D was  a buddy Ryan led Bears D. 

Trying not to overreact. How does this team make a legit super bowl run with such a porous oline

Simple - they don't

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RichRiderBills said:

Game reminds me of the 20-3 loss to the Raiders in 1994...another bad one, to a junk Todd Maranovich led Raiders team that was never going to be good,  but at least the Raiders dominated the game.

Tough to accept losing a game where the QB had 118 yards passing. And jags had 215 yards offense. 

Our #1 defensive stats actually improved after today. Whatever fire was lit in our team after the hail Murray better find it's way to our OL.

• Haha (+1) 1

This was an embarrassing loss!!!!  I thought that when JAX missed three field goal attempts in a row, all as a result of Buffalo penalties, there was simply no way we could lose.  But…………..the OL stepped up!!!!   I am a lifelong Bills fan now living just south of JAX.  Retired and have golf in the morning with my buds, and they are going to give me **** all day.  Probably should start drinking now!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Our #1 defensive stats actually improved after today. Whatever fire was lit in our team after the hail Murray better find it's way to our OL.

Yes in terms of scoring defense we are going to be even better. And honestly it was a good effort on defense. They cannot be blamed for the loss, they held them to 9 pts and got 1 turnover. Our special teams was also pretty good overall, although we had some bad penalties. Offense was awful and coaching too.

1 hour ago, Brennan Huff said:

I hope we never have to make play Jacksonville again. The fact that 2 people had the same name and were playing each other was such a mind blowing event for the media. It was almost as annoying as our O line play. I’m putting 100% of the blame on the line. Allen had time to do anything 

It was almost as annoying as if there were two JJ Watts and they both just came back from injury

12 minutes ago, IronyAbounds said:

Question: why do the running backs get labeled terrible despite running behind a terrible OL, but Allen's problems are explained away by a terrible OL? I think Singletary and Moss are perfectly acceptable backs who are just as hampered by the OL as Allen is.

I agree but our running backs are not what I consider even close to elite either.  They don't have elite speed, they are only average on catching balls,  they are below average when it comes to avoiding contact by the first defender at the LOS, they can never seem to find or squeeze through a small seam or gap that a lot of other running backs typically do.  We just seem to be missing the bigger stronger back that has the speed and can hit the LOS with quickness when its needed and sorely missed.

14 minutes ago, Governor said:

It reminds you of the KC game because the line is so bad. 

Play-calling can’t fix that.

This is why I’m hesitant to put blame on coaches and coordinators. 

You can put blame on Beane for thinking he can win a SB with a late 2nd rounder as your franchise  LT.

Keep in mind that Dawkins extension is also $7-8 million a year less than what the best LTs are getting. Dawkins hasn’t been as good this year, but if it’s Covid related he should rebound next season. 

The bigger issue is that the lack of talent at guard which Beane hasn’t done anything to correct. Of course there are likely some other underlying issues as well that involve Oline coaching, run play design, etc. 

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

The CBS crew should’ve made that point or at least showed a replay.

What is this CBS production "replay" of which you speak?

19 minutes ago, IronyAbounds said:

Question: why do the running backs get labeled terrible despite running behind a terrible OL, but Allen's problems are explained away by a terrible OL? I think Singletary and Moss are perfectly acceptable backs who are just as hampered by the OL as Allen is.

My answer:  One doesn't preclude the other.  Yes the OL is way underperforming in pass blocking.  One could say the same about run blocking

but that would mean the whole line fails on every blocking assignment.  Bills RBs seem to be average at best in finding the holes.  It seems

to me that there is a lot of hesitation.  One thing I don't like are the Josh Allen standing behind the line with an RPO option and handing off

late the the backs.  That just makes their deficiencies even greater.  IMO. 

Even in screen passes and check downs there is not a lot of "juking" out of defenders by the RBs.  I wanted to see some of Breida and I hope

he gets a shot.  He can't be any worse than what we are seeing.  Right? 

15 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Coming back after 2 hours of gaming.

Can somebody update me?

Has reasonable discussion already started or people are still firing everybody left and right?

It's pretty ugly as you can imagine.  Everyone has their "one" issue.  I see a lot of things going wrong with the O and just compounding.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.