11/7/21 Bills @ Jaguars Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Need to stop benching Zimmer and Basham, defense is solid but the pass rush is not

I am very concerned with how invested we are in both cash and draft capital and our lack of meaningful production. 

• Agree 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

If he needs a perfectly built team around him he isn’t the QB I think he is.  I do agree with the OL particularly the interior OL. 

You think he is or he isn't the QB you think he could be? He's obviously proven himself on and off through times but that consistency is needed from him desperately; he said himself he played **** today. Saying that, he was under so much pressure I can't completely blame him if he started seeing ghosts.

There was a reference earlier in the thread about whether he picked up an injury because he suddenly stopped running - I hope not.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

If he needs a perfectly built team around him he isn’t the QB I think he is.  I do agree with the OL particularly the interior OL. 

Wrong but keep trying. There are sideline routes. He knows the routes. He can throw it out of bounds down field near a WR and he is fine. 

Are you being serious here?  Do you have any idea if a player was near the sideline waiting for the throwaway?  And Allen had what, a second to decide?  When a tackle misses his block as badly as Williams did there it probably ends up as a sack 99/100 times. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Hey BillsEnthusiast I am sorry to have high exceptions to think my Franchise QB would understand the game enough to make a quick decision and save the FG attempt 

He was rattled and making bad decisions. He is also the entire offense and is being asked to do basically everything. 

Both of those are directly attributable to a very poor offensive line.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bruffalo said:

Sorry but what QB do you think would look better behind that offensive line?  Because I seriously think anyone would have looked as bad or worse.

Brady

Mahomes

Willson

Murray

Allen

would be fine behind this line. Why should I not call out my QB for a bad game? And put it all on the OL?  

the OL has been an issue all season. Steelers and This game Josh couldn’t rise to the occasion. That is fine. But it also doesn’t mean he is free from any criticism ever. 

• Vomit 2
  • Disagree 2

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Hey BillsEnthusiast I am sorry to have high exceptions to think my Franchise QB would understand the game enough to make a quick decision and save the FG attempt 

By quick decision do you mean shrug off a 320-pound DE slamming into his blind side? 

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

The guy can’t catch a soft shovel pass right into his hands…what good is he as an NFL receiver?

Yeah waive him based on one play. 

Next time you randomly ***** up at work, I hope people aren’t calling for your job… I mean seriously dude. I’m sure your body of work far outweighs the one ***** up 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Wrong but keep trying. There are sideline routes. He knows the routes. He can throw it out of bounds down field near a WR and he is fine. 

That's pretty harsh.

Its 3rd and 7 and if he throws it away, it's a 56-57 yard field goal just to tie it.

That play is 100 percent on Williams.

And who knows if he even had a chance for a sideline route, would have to see the all 22.

Also Easier said than done when you got a guy running in your face in half a second when the game is on the line.

3 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Where is anyone asking for a perfectly built team?

The problem is very clearly the offensive line. It’s not even average… they’ve regressed. Not Josh. 

Can you point me to my post where I said Josh regressed please?

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

The guy can’t catch a soft shovel pass right into his hands…what good is he as an NFL receiver?

Seems last year he was fine. Or are you one of those guys that let a single play in a season he doesn’t get many snaps going to define a young productive WRS career?

3 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Where is anyone asking for a perfectly built team?

The problem is very clearly the offensive line. It’s not even average… they’ve regressed. Not Josh. 

Right, I agree to a certain extent, but let’s take it a step further.

The OL is one of the highest paid units in the league. Our DL is the same. Or LB Corp will be next year. 

So, like, where and how to we fix that? The FO has heavily invested in both lines, we are tight(ish) against the cap, but our heaviest investments are underperforming.

So what’s the solution other than “fix it”

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

You think he is or he isn't the QB you think he could be? He's obviously proven himself on and off through times but that consistency is needed from him desperately; he said himself he played **** today. Saying that, he was under so much pressure I can't completely blame him if he started seeing ghosts.

There was a reference earlier in the thread about whether he picked up an injury because he suddenly stopped running - I hope not.

I think he is a Franchise QB with flaws in his game that need to be fixed. I don’t get why that seems to make a lot of people mad here. 

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

He was rattled and making bad decisions. He is also the entire offense and is being asked to do basically everything. 

Both of those are directly attributable to a very poor offensive line.

This,he is our entire offense and it’s what it is this year. I hate it but maybe next year we fix the oline and running game. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.