Breaking News: Odell Beckham is set to be released

Protocal69

5 minutes ago, TheJauronClap said:

The sideline antics on brown were way worse. But besides that I would say about the same 

I pry have poor recollection then as the only incident I remember was him broadcasting on social media inside the locker room at the same time Tomlin was saying to stay off social media.

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

I had heard about off-field incidents with him prior to the report of him being traded to the Bills.  That (and quitting on the team) were reasons why I didn't want him.

I remember the prevailing sentiment being that Roethlisberger was the reason both AB and Bell's relationship soured with Pittsburgh.  I could be wrong though.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I pry have poor recollection then as the only incident I remember was him broadcasting on social media inside the locker room at the same time Tomlin was saying to stay off social media.

The one that stand out are. Got into a verbal match with the OC. Got benched after getting into a screaming match with Big Ben. And when he chucked the water cooler on the sideline

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I remember the prevailing sentiment being that Roethlisberger was the reason both AB and Bell's relationship soured with Pittsburgh.  I could be wrong though.

It was primarily a money thing with both.  They both wanted huge new long-term contracts with tons of guaranteed money and in Bell's case, there were no known off-field incidents, but the nature of the position made it a bad investment.

33 minutes ago, Doc said:

It was primarily a money thing with both.  They both wanted huge new long-term contracts with tons of guaranteed money and in Bell's case, there were no known off-field incidents, but the nature of the position made it a bad investment.

It agree it was about the money.  I do recall Bell saying that Big Ben played a factor in him sitting out as he was tough to play with.  That somewhat aligned with what AB was saying at the same time so it's very possible that Beane thought AB would fit in fine with Buffalo.

52 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah the bell incident I think he had no guaranteed money left on his deal 

Chiefs, Saints and Packers are scenarios which make the most sense.

I would not see a use for him now and would rather see what Davis and Kumerow would do if it came down to injuries.   Maybe it would have made sense in 2017 or 2018 when our WR corp was Zay Jones, a 300 lb Kelvin Benjamin and a rotation of street free agents, but not now.

Edited by dgrochester55

12 hours ago, Herc11 said:

How does this view that he's not McBeane material keep popping up?

McBeane went after AB for God sakes. Give up this stupid idea as to being the reason why the Bills wouldn't pursue him.

And, NO, I do not want OBJ and his drama on the team. But I do think if McBeane saw him as a valuable talent upgrade, they would go after him for the right price.

Hasn't the "Beane when after AB" been discounted by now? Making a call is not "going after". That's his JOB. To make calls when players hit the market. If it didn't he'd be ignoring his responsibility. That makes it sound like the Bills were in some bidding war for AB. They were NOT.

And of all the things the Bills may need, WR is NOT one of them at the moment. Especially when the WR is a head case whose best years were, well, years ago. Sanders is an exponentially better pickup, IMO.

Edited by The Dean
  • Disagree 1

You always try to bring in a special talent whether it’s a need or not. 

I don’t think ohDB is a special talent any more. I could be wrong but I think he has hit the point where that diva receiver can’t stay healthy anymore. The best ability is availability.

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

So teams with high waiver priority have probably been told he won't report if they claim him. Now I think it is likely he clears waivers and signs a cheap one year deal with a contender.

So, if the Chiefs lose to the Jordan Love lead Packers today, does he cross the Chiefs off the list?🤔

Go Pack Go!!😁

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, The Dean said:

Hasn't the "Beane when after AB" been discounted by now? Making a call is not "going after". That's his JOB. To make calls when players hit the market. If it didn't he'd be ignoring his responsibility. That makes it sound like the Bills were in some bidding war for AB. They were NOT.

And of all the things the Bills may need, WR is NOT one of them at the moment. Especially when the WR is a head case whose best years were, well, years ago. Sanders is an exponentially better pickup, IMO.

Like I said in a previous response. All we heard after was Beane's PR response. We truly have no idea how far those talks went. Besides, do you think trades are completed in person? They are typically done over the phone. So, "Beane just making a phone call" doesn't prove anything.

Not saying we should or should not, but watching GMFB and I believe I've heard in the past numerous times OBJ is liked by the players. Would/could he be a replacement for Sanders next season? Would it be worth bringing him in and getting a good look to finish this season and then determine things going forward? Could we/would we even ponder this as a possibility? Especially if he clears waivers...

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

So teams with high waiver priority have probably been told he won't report if they claim him. Now I think it is likely he clears waivers and signs a cheap one year deal with a contender.

What does it say about this guy and his ability to make a team around him better, when the Browns were supposed to be a contender and are far from out of the playoff race as it stands?  The guy is a cancer with low character, and far from a leader.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.