OBJ drama in Cleveland

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

Yea they can't just tell a guy to stay home they have to release him right?  I almost gurantee he goes to the seahawks right?  Maybe the packers

They do not have to release him.  They can bench him for as long as they want, provided they pay him.  See the Texans and Watson.  

Cleveland messed up this whole situation.  Baker and Odell something is off.  That should be a good combo.  Trade him.  For a 5,6,7 a practice squad player move on at this point.  For a team that had big expectations as any team, they crumbled.  Like Mcdermott with Watkins and Dareus.  They were not the core and leaders.  They were paid like it but not.  Move and work with what ya got.  Pittsburgh just did it with Engram.  Good teams move on.  Bad teams hold on so they dont look wrong. 

6 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Why would you release a player today rather than trade him yesterday. I know they couldn't get anything from the saints, but they could have just shipped him to any team for like a 6th and still gotten something for him. This is not a dig, it's a legit question.

It’s a great question … I don’t know if any team interested just wasnt able to absorb the salary or what 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, FLFan said:

They do not have to release him.  They can bench him for as long as they want, provided they pay him.  See the Texans and Watson.  

Makes 0 sense.  He has like 0 dead money.  Im pretty if he is cut it saves Cle money.  Just terribly handled imo by the Browns. At the end of the day Jets are gonna Jets and Browns are going to Browns. 

3 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Makes 0 sense.  He has like 0 dead money.  Im pretty if he is cut it saves Cle money.  Just terribly handled imo by the Browns. At the end of the day Jets are gonna Jets and Browns are going to Browns. 

So you are cool with OBJ with the Patriots?

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

Yes, I do because it makes no f@#$ing sense.

It's a kneejerk reaction of every Bills fan to assume every name free agent will end up in New England because everyone signs there to get a ring, even though that isn't the case anymore. But is it that far-fetched when many problem child wide receivers do end up in Foxboro? 

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

It's a kneejerk reaction of every Bills fan to assume every name free agent will end up in New England because everyone signs there to get a ring, even though that isn't the case anymore. But is it that far-fetched when many problem child wide receivers do end up in Foxboro? 

Its highly far fetched that a guy who only cares about his own targets and stats will choose to go play with Mac effing Jones.  The Patriots have a mickey mouse passing game and OBJ isn't going to change that at all.  Plus hes a terrible personality fit with Belichick.  They wouldn't tolerate his crap for a day.

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So you are cool with OBJ with the Patriots?

I would hope Buffalo goes after him.  But from Clevelands stand point it doesn't help win games having him at home.  Having TO at home didnt help the Eagles make the playoffs.  Was sort of the beginning of the end for them.  Patriots dont have Brady.  They are not a monster anymore.  They dont scare me at all.  

If they release him they take a 15 million dollar cap hit, and lose the chance to move him for a pick (even if its 7th rounder) in the offseason when his cap hit goes to 0.   Meanwhile, they can work through legalities to see if they can save the cap hit by saying he voided his contract by conduct detrimental to the team.    This looks a lot to me like administrative leave from a normal job.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.