AFL footballer Jordan DeGoey in trouble in NY

Shamrock

6 hours ago, Shamrock said:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/686373

Sadly, he played for my AFL club. Anyone know any more details, did it even make news there? Guy has history of suspect behaviour. 

You know, there's this thing called Google, you could try there....

https://www.google.com/search?q=jordan+de+goey&oq=Jordan+De+Goey&aqs=edge.0.69i59i512j0i512l7j69i60.5719j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Edited by Just Jack

11 hours ago, Just Jack said:

That’s why I asked if  ‘anyone know any more details’ after googling and the clubs statement.

don’t forget substantial time difference between NY and Melbourne when posted too. 

15 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Didn't the AFL fold before they finished their season?

Season ended, but he’d gone over to US for private preseason training. Was a high draft pick with contract season 2022 & at age 25, he’s seen as potential but hoping to realise it. There was lots of club talk, as usual, talking it up.

Not the first or last player to throw it away. Mind you, he’s been trying awhile now.

Edited by Shamrock
Clarify initial post.

8 hours ago, Shamrock said:

That’s why I asked if  ‘anyone know any more details’ after googling and the clubs statement.

don’t forget substantial time difference between NY and Melbourne when posted too. 

Season ended, but he’d gone over to US for private preseason training. Was a high draft pick with contract season 2022 & at age 25, he’s seen as potential but hoping to realise it. There was lots of club talk, as usual, talking it up.

Not the first or last player to throw it away. Mind you, he’s been trying awhile now.

Lmao. You're talking about soccer. I thought this was about the football league. No clue there was another league called AFL

I guess the groping is worse than this:

"De Goey and his friend, fellow Aussie Luke Dyson, a 28-year-old tattoo artist, also allegedly beat and kicked the woman’s 37-year-old male pal and hit him in the head with a bottle when he tried to stop them."

https://nypost.com/2021/10/31/new-details-in-australian-football-league-star-jordan-de-goeys-arrest/

Forcible touching gets all the headlines,  but beat over head with a bottle... The back story. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2021 at 6:31 AM, Not at the table Karlos said:

Lmao. You're talking about soccer. I thought this was about the football league. No clue there was another league called AFL

He's talking about Australia Rules Football. It isn't soccer. It's where a lot of punters come from nowadays. It's an awesome sport.

• 1 month later...
On 11/23/2021 at 12:39 PM, DCOrange said:

He's talking about Australia Rules Football. It isn't soccer. It's where a lot of punters come from nowadays. It's an awesome sport.

I was going to say that "a lot" is a stretch here, but then I looked it up and there are 8 currently on a roster.  I was pretty surprised there were so many.

6 hours ago, Mark80 said:

I was going to say that "a lot" is a stretch here, but then I looked it up and there are 8 currently on a roster.  I was pretty surprised there were so many.

Idk the number, but it feels like a lot of collegiate punters are coming from Australia now too. I know the Cinci punter off the top of my head is the son of an AFL legend. My father-in-law nearly lost his ***** when he saw him in the CFP.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.