10/18 MNF: N'Orleans Saints at Seattle Seahawks on ESPN

Hapless Bills Fan

35 minutes ago, mannc said:

At about this point in the 2012 CFB season, West Virginia was undefeated and Geno was considered the front runner to be the  first overall pick in the 2013 draft. Well, at least he’s still in the league.  Was 2013 the worst draft of all time?

One of them, yes. Geno is as he has always been. Physically talented, but mentally way short of the standard. 

For Jameis I will provide a little defence.... not that he was good.... but my word that Saints receiving corps. They are relying on major snaps from Kevin White. Kevin White one of the biggest first round busts in history. Kevin White who started 4 games as a rookie and before last night had started one game since across three teams. He had drops and he and his colleagues at wideout did a horrible job in separating. Their #1 receiver Marquez Callaway is a 2nd year UDFA. There were plays last night that I will make a point of going back and watching the all 22 on because there were at least 4 occasions where Winston either broke contain or sold the defense on a big play action only to stand back there with seemingly nobody getting open downfield and ended up throwing it away or checking down. He looked at one point visibly frustrated with it and I have to believe that is because he was scanning the field and seeing nothing. Here is a question - how the hell are the Saints 4-2? Sean Payton is a miracle worker, and Kamara is a freak. 

10 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

What a bad week of NFL football

Yep, including this MNF game. Very boring to watch two teams looking impotent offensively. Geno was missing the simplest of checkdowns, Winston looked like he didnt know where to throw (perhaps because he didnt have good options) and both defenses looked great because of this. 

We should trample the Saints on Thanksgiving Day. 

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The level of QB play in that game was somnolescent, to be sure

I can't call Geno "Trash" - he wasn't fumbling and throwing picks all over the place like Peterman

But I can't call him a functional NFL QB, either

The thing is, after another game, Seattle should be able to put Geno back in his box and revert to Russ

But Jameis Winston - Jameis Winston is New Orlean's actual starting QB

Wrap your mind around that

Seattle's defense has given up more than 450 yds in 4 games

Winston could only muster 222 passing yards and 6.3 ypa against them

Don’t hurt your brain trying to find nice things to say about Trash Smith. He has certainly fumbled and threw picks all over the place against us. We merely had to show up to beat him.

• Eyeroll 1

13 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Don’t hurt your brain trying to find nice things to say about Trash Smith. He has certainly fumbled and threw picks all over the place against us. We merely had to show up to beat him.

So .... you're saying that EJ Manuel is back in the lead (best QB of the 2013 draft). 

I knew time would tell that we won that one!

• Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

In a two-year window, Boston had 2,754 receiving yards, 16.3 ypc, 15 TDs, and 169 receptions. 

Then he fizzled out for whatever reason.

7 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

This is what people said before the draft. How did that work out?

were you one of the people arguing we need a DT to play half the snaps instead?

DT was a big need going into the 2019 draft and Ed Oliver was one of the top guys in the draft and was the consensus number one overall pick for the 2019 draft going into the 2018 college football season. 

I can't explain why McBeane did want Metcalf. You have to ask them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.