Rex Ryan blasts the Jets coaching staff

Greg S

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

Rich Kotite was the closest to Gase in terms of a clueless Jets coach. He also went 1-15 back in the mid 90's.

Oh yeah I agree with that.  That was so bad my mind refuses to give any energy to recall the Kotite era.  I remember an old friend back in the mid 90’s who used to pity me for being a Bills fan when they were obviously past their prime.  The Giants and Jets deserve all the bad mojo they have just for calling themselves “New York” teams when we all know their home turf is in friggin’ NEW JERSEY for Pete’s sake.

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

Rich Kotite was the closest to Gase in terms of a clueless Jets coach. He also went 1-15 back in the mid 90's.

I seem to recall any number of television reaction shots of Kotite on the sidelines, gap mouthed with a look of bewilderment on his face.  Didn't matter if it was a penalty, play gone wrong, or a first down for the Jets. 

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

I really thought Saleh would be a very good head coach. Maybe not.

having success as a coordinator doesn't always translate to success as a head coach.  He was one of those DC's that was always on camera. He was always jumping and screaming, he got attention and i honestly think that builds up his stock.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Rex Ryan's defenses were a nightmare to deal with.

When he was here we sadly got the burned out version of Rex. 

What we got was a square peg in a round hole. Rex took a top-five defense and tried to mold it into his scheme. But he lacked the personnel to run that scheme. It's almost exactly how Gregg Williams took a top-five 3-4 defense and tried to mold it into his 4-3 scheme. You need to adapt the scheme to the players, not the other way around, but both Gregg and Rex were too arrogant to do that.

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Don’t forget, for some inexplicable reason Peyton Manning allegedly recommended Gase to many teams. I’ll never understand that.

They had a successful relationship as far as that goes, that and within the nfl Nepotism is real, 

2 hours ago, WhoTom said:

What we got was a square peg in a round hole. Rex took a top-five defense and tried to mold it into his scheme. But he lacked the personnel to run that scheme. It's almost exactly how Gregg Williams took a top-five 3-4 defense and tried to mold it into his 4-3 scheme. You need to adapt the scheme to the players, not the other way around, but both Gregg and Rex were too arrogant to do that.

More than likely, they weren’t smart enough to know how to adapt.

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Unless this is the kiss of death vote of confidence from the owner both Douglas and Saleh aren't getting fired anytime soon.

Said the same thing about Gase, ten days or so before gassing him.  Didn't he?  Oh wait, that was his smarter brudder said that.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

55 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

At this point it sure looks like Mac Jones is clearly superior to the Jets QB.

In fairness Wilson is poorly coached and in a dysfunctional organization from ownership on down.  Imagine how good he could be with a good  organization.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.