Who Do The Democrats Run in 2024?

Irv

7 hours ago, ALF said:

Her chief advisor would be Barack , 8 years of experience won't make the same mistakes. He has the connections and who to trust. Unless you insist on Harris

She'd be much better than Harris.  As POTUS after Joe steps down soon after election?  No thanks.

6 hours ago, Gregg said:

tenor.gif

This.  She doesn't want the job.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

She'd be much better than Harris.  As POTUS after Joe steps down soon after election?  No thanks.

This.  She doesn't want the job.

It would end up being Barack's 4th term anyway. I think he is the one calling the shots right now as the drooling vegetable doesn't even know his name half the time. He would definitely be calling the shots if she got elected. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/31/2023 at 9:42 PM, Doc said:

DeSantis would destroy him over what he's done to California and how, despite Prager U being added to the list of vendors (so what?), they're moving there from California.

This^^. Yet we have numbskulls saying you think “ blank” would vote for DeSantis given what he’s doing in Florida ? Lol .. He’s only running the best State in the nation , and yes they will. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I would like to see some younger blood

I’m quite sure there are several hear that won’t like her but I actually like Katie Porter but she’s got her eyes fixed on being a senator. At least it’s for my state.

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Honesty Alert !!!

CNN's Van Jones Says Democrats Are Worried About Biden, but Afraid to 'Go on TV and Say It'

By Mike Miller 

https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2023/08/25/watch-cnns-van-jones-says-democrats-are-worried-about-biden-but-too-afraid-to-go-on-tv-and-say-it-n2163044

I think that’s accurate
Not that I don’t think he can’t beat Trump. I think you could run anybody against Trump and win at this point.

Biden is slowing down very fast. I am quite sure that the majority of the work being done is his cabinet and he is more of a figurehead at this point.

It doesn’t look like the Democratic Party is going to run anyone against him that’s got a chance

• Disagree 2

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I would like to see some younger blood

I’m quite sure there are several hear that won’t like her but I actually like Katie Porter but she’s got her eyes fixed on being a senator. At least it’s for my state.

I think that’s accurate
Not that I don’t think he can’t beat Trump. I think you could run anybody against Trump and win at this point.

Biden is slowing down very fast. I am quite sure that the majority of the work being done is his cabinet and he is more of a figurehead at this point.

It doesn’t look like the Democratic Party is going to run anyone against him that’s got a chance

Katie is a hack   partisan as they come. Baggage for miles.  

We need people that don't see other Americans as the enemy. We need Americans that are not propped up by the money machine 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I think that’s accurate

Even Trump would beat Joke and Kammy because everyone knows that Kammy would be POTUS soon after the election, and people want that even less than Trump as President again.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

They should look to get younger for sure

I think Arizona Senator Mark Kelly would be a great candidate. Young, strong, he actually served our nation and didn't claim to have bone spurs.

He served heroically actually with a very distinguished career and a wife with a heroic career of her own. They would be something to be proud of in the White House for once. 

Did Joke serve?

If You Think Joe Biden Will Make It Much Longer, Read This

BY MATT MARGOLIS 

d6f095a2-73dc-4039-8ee0-479cd7408bf5-860

Have you noticed that the time in between embarrassing moments for Joe Biden seems to be getting shorter and shorter? On Wednesday, Biden nearly knocked over the Brazilian flag while walking on stage before giving a speech launching the “Partnership for Workers’ Rights” program. Later, he gave an awkward salute to the audience while appearing somewhat lost before exiting the stage.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2023/09/22/if-you-think-joe-biden-will-make-it-much-longer-read-this-n1729004

CORRECTION: COULD BIDEN’S HANDLERS DECIDE FOR HIM NOT TO RUN? 

Could Biden Decide Not to Run?

Things must be pretty panicky in Washington when Jonathan Alter has written a fantasy conversation of big-name Democrats trying to talk Biden into stepping aside.

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2023/10/03/could-biden-decide-not-to-run/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

CORRECTION: COULD BIDEN’S HANDLERS DECIDE FOR HIM NOT TO RUN? 

Could Biden Decide Not to Run?

Things must be pretty panicky in Washington when Jonathan Alter has written a fantasy conversation of big-name Democrats trying to talk Biden into stepping aside.

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2023/10/03/could-biden-decide-not-to-run/

He won't survive a 2nd term. I think its 50-50 at best he even makes to 2024. Nobody including many Dems wants Mrs. Giggles. She is 100% useless and the Dems know if its grandpa and giggles they will lose in 2024. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

29 minutes ago, Gregg said:

He won't survive a 2nd term. I think its 50-50 at best he even makes to 2024. Nobody including many Dems wants Mrs. Giggles. She is 100% useless and the Dems know if its grandpa and giggles they will lose in 2024. 

They also know if they replace Giggles, they lose the POC vote. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Wish we could just make a deal.  We don't run Biden, R's don't run Trump.  Everyone's happy(ish).

I sometimes wish Trump was out of the picture but then I think how insane the left would get if Trump does get elected. But honestly I think if it looks like Trump has a real chance of winning he will be taken out, he scares the establishment that much.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wnyguy said:

I sometimes wish Trump was out of the picture but then I think how insane the left would get if Trump does get elected. But honestly I think if it looks like Trump has a real chance of winning he will be taken out, he scares the establishment that much.

The left having moved farther left or doing so in the future is one of those things the right just says and isn't happening (outside of Cali, which is a bit nuts in some regards).

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

The left having moved farther left or doing so in the future is one of those things the right just says and isn't happening (outside of Cali, which is a bit nuts in some regards).

It's happening in the biggest Dem states.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Democrats wrestle with the Biden conundrum
By Chuck Todd

Amid all of the news and issues on the top of political minds, there is one non-versation that continues to dominate: Can Joe Biden do this again?

I call it a “non-versation” because the folks wringing their hands the most about whether Biden is up to the task of winning in 2024 are people who, in many cases, have already endorsed him for re-election. A few even work directly for him — and are still having the same uneasy feeling…

Ultimately, Democrats in Washington — in both the executive and the legislative branches — share the same concern voters have been expressing for the last six months: They fear voters can’t be convinced Biden is up to the job, and they don’t have confidence the team around Biden fully appreciates the concern.

The caveats before this non-versation are all very similar. “He’s really done a remarkable job, given the circumstances,” goes a common one. The handwringing after the various caveats are set aside all has the same sound to it, too, with answers hidden in questions like: “Do you think he looks too old?”

So far, Team Biden has decided not to accept the premise of the age question. It publicly chalks it up to the media, even going so far as to say the media should stop asking about it in polls. There’s a naive belief among some Biden partisans that if you don’t mention his age, it won’t be an issue.

In the real world, concern about Biden’s age is an issue, and the voters are screaming it.

The numbers stem from a simple fact: A number of Biden supporters were never enamored with him but saw him as the safest way to get rid of Trump.

(Excerpt) Read more at nbcnews.com ... https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/democrats-wrestle-biden-conundrum-rcna119770

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dean Who? He's in the Race to Replace Biden in 2024

DAVID STROM 

Democrat Rep. Dean Phillips has jumped into the 2024 presidential race.

Who? I happen to know because he represents a district that used to be represented by my acquaintance Erik Paulsen.

Phillips, a Democrat congressman from Minnesota, represents the western suburbs of Minneapolis. His district is white, wealthy, highly educated, and has trended liberal over the past couple of decades. Formerly a Republican bastion, it has become solidly Democrat as the business/college-educated class has moved Left.

Phillips is more the traditional liberal than the firebrand kind of Leftist that Ilhan Omar is. Their districts abut each other but are worlds apart in the things that matter.

Ironically, together they represent the two parts of the odd coalition that the Democrat Party has become. The liberal-leaning professional class sees themselves as the virtuous champions of the oppressed class who are quite comfortable in their wealthy communities and the professional victims who spend their lives protesting against the White privilege of the wealthy professional classes.

Together they make up the Democrat Party.

Phillips looks like he is going to run as a slightly more conservative Democrat, in the sense that he will focus on economic rather than social issues. He has been critical of President Biden, and with the exit of Robert Kennedy Jr. from the Democrat race, he obviously sees an opening within the party to challenge Biden.

Somebody has to. Biden is crashing.

Not that it is easy to challenge a sitting president, and it’s pretty clear that Phillips is a very, very long shot. Nobody has a clue who he is, and it’s not clear that he has a lane within the Democrat Party. The professional business class is a key part of the Democrat coalition, but also the weaker part when it comes to actual electoral politics. All the energy is on the radical Left.

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/10/24/dean-who-hes-in-the-race-to-replace-biden-in-2024-n587256

• Like (+1) 1

The Way the Democrats Could Dump Biden and Harris

PETER SUCIU 

The DNC Could Dump Joe Biden – But It Wouldn’t Be Easy – Two-thirds of Democrat-leaning voters don’t want to see President Joe Biden to run for a second term, a CNN poll released last month found. Biden remains unpopular with a majority of Americans in other polls, and voters are hesitant about the president’s age – as he’ll be 82 on Election Day 2024.

Only 33 percent of Democrats and Democratic-leaning independent voters were enthusiastic about a second Biden term.

Should the DNC consider running a different candidate, and could they?

Like a lot of relationships these days, it’s complicated!

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2023/10/the-democrats-do-have-a-way-to-get-rid-of-joe-biden/

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/15/2023 at 11:35 AM, B-Man said:

The background covered by a PAC that pushes wedge topics and is funded by fortune 500 companies including the big military industrial ones.

Corporate Partners - Human Rights Campaign (hrc.org)

wonder what you got to pay to get in the platinum level with companies like Disney, Northup Gruman, Pyzer?  

IS this what the backdrop at UFC fights will look like, with bud light?

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Maybe he would be more acceptable if he dropped the nuke on somebody

Right irv?

I would not put it past him.  Dude's approval ratings going negative.  What's that saying about desperate times?  Hopefully whoever is running the Executive Branch has the codes ready.