Around the League week 6

YoloinOhio

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Given that the Bills lost to the Patriots on Saturday Sept 21, 2019 after an obvious missed face mask on Josh Allen during the 3Q on a 3rd and 4 led to a 3 yd gain and a punt after which the Pats scored a FG, I Feel Your Pain about being hosed.  (His head was wrenched around violently to the R, it was very clear).

I see.

I remember that game, I still don’t know how the refs missed that one. 

all said and done this SHOULD be there year your Bills make the SB. The only AFC team I see as a threat be the Ravens, as they seem to be both good and damn lucky. 

8 minutes ago, boater said:

Pats were close to the Buccaneers, and went into OT against a 4-1 team. It's OK to say we are good. It's another thing to get overconfident.

Stay hungry. Stay humble.

Any given Sunday. Pats are not great but they aren’t awful either.  I think the Bills go to the SB only AFC team this year stop you would be the Ravensx

8 minutes ago, boater said:

Pats were close to the Buccaneers, and went into OT against a 4-1 team. It's OK to say we are good. It's another thing to get overconfident.

Stay hungry. Stay humble.

Agree, I just think people are getting carried away with the Pats talk around here. I have no problem talking about the Ravens, Chiefs, Browns, Chargers, or even the Titans. I’ll admit, the NFL is unpredictable. We’re a great team, but there’s no telling where this season will go. I just can’t be concerned about the 2-4 Pats. There’s too many great teams to sit here saying the Pats are something we need to worry about. We could lose a game to them, we could lose to anyone, but let’s not turn the Pats into contenders because we need to “stay humble”. I just don’t get it. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Agree, I just think people are getting carried away with the Pats talk around here. I have no problem talking about the Ravens, Chiefs, Browns, Chargers, or even the Titans. I’ll admit, the NFL is unpredictable. We’re a great team, but there’s no telling where this season will go. I just can’t be concerned about the 2-4 Pats. There’s too many great teams to sit here saying the Pats are something we need to worry about. We could lose a game to them, we could lose to anyone, but let’s not turn the Pats into contenders because we need to “stay humble”. I just don’t get it. 

Agree.  They could be 2-14 going into the last game and some people will still be talking about their great defense and how they can't be taken lightly.  F them

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

I get your point. But I was speaking to those thinking ahead in the bigger picture ahead of the pair of NE games. I could have worded it better.

Stay hungry. Stay humble. Or get a big fat L.

Go Bills.

1 minute ago, boater said:

I get your point. But I was speaking to those thinking ahead in the bigger picture ahead of the pair of NE games. I could have worded it better.

Stay hungry. Stay humble. Or get a big fat L.

Go Bills.

Point well taken, divisional games are tough because familiarity can be a great equalizer.  There are no guarantees during the season. It wasn’t you, but I’ve seen a lot of people talking up the Pats. They’re an average team imo. If we lose to them it’s because we played a poor game, not because they’re the better team this season. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.