I've been waiting for this - Jim Kubiak analysis of the Bills @ Chiefs in TBN

Hapless Bills Fan

Here. We. Go.  Unless I italicize, all text are quotes. 

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/jim-kubiak-bucs-provided-template-for-beating-chiefs-allen-bills-elevated-to-perfection/article_b94e708a-2b02-11ec-8ec2-67bbd1891318.html

Jim Kubiak: Bucs provided template for beating Chiefs; Allen, Bills elevated to perfection

The three most important stats of the game:

• Number of plays: Bills – 54; Chiefs – 79

• Yards per play: Bills – 8.1; Chiefs – 5.0

• Turnover ratio: Plus-4 in favor of the Bills.

Allen was 5 of 6 on throws 20 yards or more beyond the line of scrimmage, including a 61-yard pass to Diggs, a 53-yard touchdown to Knox and a 35-yard touchdown to Sanders.

Kubiak uses a "do your job" grading system on each play.  He grades Allen’s 95.25% for the game.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

I do like the number of plays for the game stat,  The Bills we’re exquisitely more effective than the Chiefs, 👍

Go Bills!!!

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Here. We. Go.  Unless I italicize, all text are quotes. 

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/jim-kubiak-bucs-provided-template-for-beating-chiefs-allen-bills-elevated-to-perfection/article_b94e708a-2b02-11ec-8ec2-67bbd1891318.html

Jim Kubiak: Bucs provided template for beating Chiefs; Allen, Bills elevated to perfection

The three most important stats of the game:

• Number of plays: Bills – 54; Chiefs – 79

• Yards per play: Bills – 8.1; Chiefs – 5.0

• Turnover ratio: Plus-4 in favor of the Bills.

Allen was 5 of 6 on throws 20 yards or more beyond the line of scrimmage, including a 61-yard pass to Diggs, a 53-yard touchdown to Knox and a 35-yard touchdown to Sanders.

Kubiak uses a "do your job" grading system on each play.  He grades Allen’s 95.25% for the game.

You are a Jim Kubiak superfan!

13 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

You are a Jim Kubiak superfan!

Inane comment. 

I like to read Kubiak because he consistently delivers value in his analysis, I don't have to screen out any flashily-written babble that completely misrepresents the development of Allen and the Bills offense under Daboll, and he tells it like it is. 

On the ensuing kickoff, kick returner Byron Pringle fumbled the return with a huge hit by Siran Neal. 

The turnover set up the Bills with tremendous field position on the Chiefs’ 34-yard line. A dropped pass, a stuffed run and a Bills holding penalty on third-and-1 led the Bills to a crucial third-and-11 in field goal range.

Here, Allen made a mistake by trying to buy time as he was flushed from the pocket and moving to his right. Rather than throwing the ball away and playing for a field goal, Allen waited too long and found himself in the difficult position of having too much momentum going backward while he was going to the ground, making it impossible to get the ball back to the line of scrimmage as is required for a legal throwaway while outside of the tackles. The idea to throw the ball away was there, but it came too late for Allen, and the intentional grounding penalty moved the offense out of field goal range as the Bills were forced to punt.

It was evident by Allen’s reaction that he was disgusted with his decision as the penalty potentially took three points off the board.

He's not a "superfan", he's an analyst.  I'm not a "superfan" of Kubiak, I enjoy his analysis.  When he stops doing good analysis, I'll stop being a fan.

Kubiak did have one "fanboy" moment at the end:

And, yes, Allen can throw the football farther than Mahomes.

😂

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Inane comment. 

I like to read Kubiak because he consistently delivers value in his analysis, I don't have to screen out any flashily-written babble that completely misrepresents the development of Allen and the Bills offense under Daboll, and he tells it like it is. 

He's not a "superfan", he's an analyst.  I'm not a "superfan" of Kubiak, I enjoy his analysis.  When he stops doing good analysis, I'll stop being a fan.

Kubiak did have one "fanboy" moment at the end:

😂

It’s a joke man.  I notice that you share his work quite a bit.  I’ll have to check it out

The other key factor that is necessary to complete the Super Bowl template is an offense that could score. Allen’s development and ability to both attack and take what is given provides real hope for Bills fans. When a team scores with the frequency of the Bills’ offense and has the ability to shut down opposing high-powered offenses, they deserve to be respected as elite contenders in the championship conversation. The Bills organization, in a statement game, executed a power shift in the AFC, beating the best and becoming the best all in one game. And, yes, Allen can throw the football farther than Mahomes.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

So a down game from that 100% then.

Don't you know that Josh was inaccurate?  The Nicks are going to cling to his 57.7% completion percentage vs KC when they compare him unfavorably to Zach Wilson and all the other bums who can't carry Josh's jock. 

The comparison in the number of plays is very revealing.  The Chiefs aren't built to grind down the field and score.  They can grind down the field for a while, but then something goes wrong, and they can't recover. 

The Bills have some of that going on too.  They can grind down the field but they're also looking for the really big play along with way.  If that attempt doesn't work and rushing attempt gets stuffed, the Bills aren't always able to convert the third down.  Teams take Beasley away, and no one else seems able to get open and catch the ball.

The Bills can work on this aspect and make themselves even harder to defend.  They have the personnel to execute it and the coaches to scheme it up.

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Nothing 20-25 folks here couldn’t write. He wrote what he saw. We all saw it.

Still not buying a subscription.🤷‍♂️

TBN was running a special -$1 for six months - so I signed up.  It’s not worth it.  This has to be the absolute worst internet based content platform I have ever seen.  Buggy, slow, and so loaded with pop ups that it is virtually impossible to read an entire article.  I just spent 15 minutes trying to read this particular article and finally gave up.  Not worth $1 for six months is a sad state of affairs for TBN but unfortunately true.  

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

The comparison in the number of plays is very revealing.  The Chiefs aren't built to grind down the field and score.  They can grind down the field for a while, but then something goes wrong, and they can't recover. 

Actually...the Chiefs have played "grind down the field" several times successfully when teams have played to take away the deep passing game.

Like we did in the first game we played them last season.

The problem is, they were able to run over us in that game.  Sunday, we were able to stifle their run game as well.

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

The Bills have some of that going on too.  They can grind down the field but they're also looking for the really big play along with way.  If that attempt doesn't work and rushing attempt gets stuffed, the Bills aren't always able to convert the third down.  Teams take Beasley away, and no one else seems able to get open and catch the ball.

The Bills can work on this aspect and make themselves even harder to defend.  They have the personnel to execute it and the coaches to scheme it up.

Yep, agree.  And part of it is between Josh's ears.  Sometimes guys are open, and he doesn't trust them or what he sees around them, or he misses short opportunities while looking for the kill shot.

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Those swing passes arced to the running back in the flat were new. Blitz beaters. Never saw those before. Almost as good as a great screen. That’s been missing from Allen’s game. 

Agree.  It got me....it got me....let's just say I liked to see it, a lot.

1 hour ago, FLFan said:

TBN was running a special -$1 for six months - so I signed up.  It’s not worth it.  This has to be the absolute worst internet based content platform I have ever seen.  Buggy, slow, and so loaded with pop ups that it is virtually impossible to read an entire article.  I just spent 15 minutes trying to read this particular article and finally gave up.  Not worth $1 for six months is a sad state of affairs for TBN but unfortunately true.  

Son, Two Words: Ad Blocker

I had no idea it was buggy, slow or loaded with popups.  Smooth and easy here.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Sometimes guys are open, and he doesn't trust them or what he sees around them, or he misses short opportunities while looking for the kill shot.

I’ve seen this with Aaron Rodgers too. Just can’t check it down.. can’t 

even Jim Kelly as I think back I remember would take a deep shot sometimes on third and 3… killed me. But when it works…? 

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’ve seen this with Aaron Rodgers too. Just can’t check it down.. can’t 

even Jim Kelly as I think back I remember would take a deep shot sometimes on third and 3… killed me. But when it works…? 

Just need a balance. 

Also, early in the game if you show you're willing to be patient and grind your way down the field, sometimes the defense changes their tune and other things open up.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Son, Two Words: Ad Blocker

I had no idea it was buggy, slow or loaded with popups.  Smooth and easy here.

Not sure what platform you are using. I am using iOS on the iPad.  I have never needed an ad blocker for any other site.  It runs basically the same crappy way whether I use the native web mode or the iOS TBN app.  Pretty sure its not me.  Their site just sucks. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.