Can we all agree, once-and for all, that Collinsworth is a grade A D-nozzle?

pennstate10

I take the 'he hates xxx team'  mantra for any announcer with a grain of salt. I think it was Vin Scully who lamented that when he did national broadcasts both fan bases thought he was biased.

But Collinsworth is annoying to me. Not sure if it's his delivery or accent, probably both.  On a good day I do a great impersonation of him that cracks up my boys. But I still find times that I appreciate his insights, just gotta wade through the BS like most other announcers.

According to Mike Schopp Collinsworth was great Sunday Night and there is no bias. 

I don't know, when you listen to him it was like he was willing the Chiefs to make a comeback, "now we're in Arrowhead". 

Every flag on the Bills was "is this the spark" the Chiefs needed. 

It wasn't as bad as San Francisco MNF last year. That was insanely tilted towards the 49ers. 

6 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

According to Mike Schopp Collinsworth was great Sunday Night and there is no bias. 

I don't know, when you listen to him it was like he was willing the Chiefs to make a comeback, "now we're in Arrowhead". 

Every flag on the Bills was "is this the spark" the Chiefs needed. 

It wasn't as bad as San Francisco MNF last year. That was insanely tilted towards the 49ers. 

Not saying I am a fan of Chris because I am not, but much of that is just trying to keep the audience interested, especially after an interminable rain delay.  They want the audience to believe that the  big comeback is coming.  

• Disagree 1

On 10/12/2021 at 7:52 PM, Mr. WEO said:

Why would anyone let a guy like that get to them?  Why not just put on the radio broadcast?  

I’ll never understand why people get so worked up over the TV guys

You admit you don't understand, but you will still weigh into the discussion. I don't understand why people weigh in on discussions they don't understand. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm sorry to bump this thread, but I just want to park this beautiful photo of Cris Collinsworth somewhere on this site in case I feel the need for it next season

image.thumb.png.e4785e40001d32d698c2465f1d8515a6.png

XL? Seems a bit exaggerated. Is that like dressing for the job you want and not the one you have?

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.