Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2021-2022

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

Sure was!

Dahlin had a great goal too:

pisses me off that they found a way to lose that game. They were up 3-1, and held a 4-3 lead with just over 12 minutes left in the 3rd.

Dell wasn’t very good but the Sabres didn’t do him many favors in that 3rd period.

New team/roster, same old problems...

We're still pretty much terrible, especially when leading after 2 periods !

But we are also savagely banged up right now and working with like our 4th and 5th string goalies!  

I still think we are dialed in for a bottom 5 finish.  We're still 28th right now.

At least Tuch is on a PPG pace for a while now and looks just as good as I hoped he would.

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

But we are also savagely banged up right now and working with like our 4th and 5th string goalies!  

I still think we are dialed in for a bottom 5 finish.  We're still 28th right now.

At least Tuch is on a PPG pace for a while now and looks just as good as I hoped he would.

Tuch has definitely looked great so far! 

Yeah they’ve dealt with a lot of injuries this season + some covid issues too (tokarski’s been trying to return from the covid list for 6+ weeks now). Mittelstadt was a big loss. He was supposed to be their #1C. This was already a super thin roster before any injuries. 

I didn’t mean to imply I don’t see any changes/improvements though. I actually think they’ve been more competitive most nights despite the lack of talent compared to previous seasons. They definitely seem to have more fight.
I just meant the 3rd period collapses were still an issue.

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

And it keeps getting worse.  Quinn headed for an MRI for a lower body injury.  Mittelstadt is skating again.  Maybe we will see him play 5 or 6 games this year.

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Well that game was like a kick in the teeth. Sabres painfully reminding me that we don’t have the Bills to watch anymore to sooth the suffering. 😂

As much as Sabres vs. Senators game in an empty arena is a total nothing-burger, I actually enjoyed this game.

It was quite chippy at times and I got a huge kick out of Dell's semi-cheap shot on Drake Batherson...knocked him out of the game with that.

The funny thing is that when these types of things happen in the NHL now, nothing really happens, other than a big hug fest. Why?  There is no one on the rosters anymore to do anything about it.

What a shame.

If Anderson or Tokarski aren’t ready to play I have no clue who plays goal for the Sabres next game.

Tokarski’s sure been trying to come back from covid for quite a while now. Hope he’s ok, long term. I did see he was on the ice practicing so that’s a good sign. Anderson too. Hopefully one of them is ready for next game.

37 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

If Anderson or Tokarski aren’t ready to play I have no clue who plays goal for the Sabres next game.

Tokarski’s sure been trying to come back from covid for quite a while now. Hope he’s ok, long term. I did see he was on the ice practicing so that’s a good sign. Anderson too. Hopefully one of them is ready for next game.

Well, Sabres don't need a goalie... they need the #1 pick.

Edited by TBBills

4 hours ago, TBBills said:

Well, Sabres don't need a goalie... they need the #1 pick.

I agree. I’d love the #1 pick this year. Shane Wright looks amazing. But I mean, they still need someone to play goal next game.

Dell - suspended

Tokarski - lingering effects of covid

Houser - covid

Anderson - upper body injury

UPL - lower body injury (out long term)

Subban - lower body injury (out long term)

I guess they could just go with 6 skaters for the whole game. It would be interesting. No teams ever done it afaik.

😂

• Agree 1