Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2021-2022

YoloinOhio

Day 1 of the draft will begin at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, July 7 and will air on ESPN in the U.S. and Sportsnet and TVA Sports in Canada. Friday's coverage of the event will begin at 11 a.m.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, muppy said:

I'm going to drop this here. If anyone will get this quote it'd be in here. I recognize the name but don't follow hockey too much. 🙂

puck.jpg

He's a goalie.  He hates pucks.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The Sabres have three 1st Rd picks if they want to try and get a 25 year old 40 goal scorer. 

(20) Mark Lazerus on Twitter: "The Blackhawks are still actively trying to trade Alex DeBrincat to get into the first round tonight. At this point, the sense I get is it'd be a bigger surprise if they *didn't* trade him than if they did." / Twitter

Matt Murray nixed a trade to Buffalo. He sucks but I would’ve been happy with that trade. 

Boy o boy, how bad is Buffalo’s reputation if Ottawa’s (Ottawa!) 3rd string goalie (I believe they even sent him to the AHL for a stint) didn’t want to get traded to a team he would’ve been in the mix to start on? 😬 

2 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Matt Murray nixed a trade to Buffalo. He sucks but I would’ve been happy with that trade. 

Boy o boy, how bad is Buffalo’s reputation if Ottawa’s (Ottawa!) 3rd string goalie (I believe they even sent him to the AHL for a stint) didn’t want to get traded to a team he would’ve been in the mix to start on? 😬 

Anybody in Ottawa with a no trade list has severely questionable judgement.  The pick would have been nice but I think we dodged a bullet.

Edited by Jauronimo

13 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Anybody in Ottawa with a no trade list has severely questionable judgement.  The pick would have been nice but I think we dodged a bullet.

Yeah the original rumor was swapping pick 9 for pick 7 and I had zero interest in that. But moving from pick 16 to 7 would’ve been worth it. That would’ve allowed Buffalo a really good shot to land 2 prospects from the top tier of this draft. By pick 16 you’ll most likely be looking at the 2nd tier of players in this draft.

edit - looking at his stats and advanced analytics he was actually better than Anderson was last year. 

Edited by BillsFan4

• SDS locked this topic