Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2021-2022

YoloinOhio

Ugly performance in Montreal last night.  Holy crap.

"Dad, when will the Sabres become relevant again?  It's been over a decade now!" asked the child.

"I don't know, son" said the father, as he tried to wipe a tear from his eye without his son seeing.  "We're a mess."

😂

• Sad 1

On 2/20/2022 at 9:13 PM, Helpmenow said:

For sale yet Terry?

Serious question from my perspective why have the Bills gone on the right track but not the Sabres?

I wouldn’t consider myself a Sabres fan but like to see them do well.  I check scores from time to time

Thats how I saw last nights debacle 

3 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Serious question from my perspective why have the Bills gone on the right track but not the Sabres?

I wouldn’t consider myself a Sabres fan but like to see them do well.  I check scores from time to time

Thats how I saw last nights debacle 

Beane and McDermott are good at their jobs and the Pegula's don't meddle in what they are doing. The Sabres either don't have the right management team in place  or the Pegula's are involved in the decision making process more than they should be. Or maybe a combination of both.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Beane and McDermott are good at their jobs and the Pegula's don't meddle in what they are doing. The Sabres either don't have the right management team in place  or the Pegula's are involved in the decision making process more than they should be. Or maybe a combination of both.

Murray dug a very deep hole and Botts was nowhere near equipped to handle that….he got painted into corners and made it worse.  It hasn’t really gotten worse at all this year, it’s just been the realization of the inevitable.  

Tim Murray was absolutely the worst GM in the history of professional sports.  The Sabres should have petitioned the league to jettison his entire construct and be allowed to re-enter the NHL as an expansion team.

16 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Murray dug a very deep hole and Botts was nowhere near equipped to handle that….he got painted into corners and made it worse.  It hasn’t really gotten worse at all this year, it’s just been the realization of the inevitable.  

Tim Murray was absolutely the worst GM in the history of professional sports.  The Sabres should have petitioned the league to jettison his entire construct and be allowed to re-enter the NHL as an expansion team.

Hopefully the rebuild goes somewhere this time. Its been a long time since the Sabres were even respectable.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

Used to really follow the Sabres. Damn sad with Pegula. I don’t think he cares about this franchise

He loves hockey, and many have speculated that is a part of the problem.  He has made poor hiring decisions in the front office and I believe he had his hand in some horrible FA signings and we all know the result.  He let qualified people run the football ops.

Even though the NFL is a better business to be in I bet Terry would take a Cup win over a super bowl given the choice.  

• Vomit 1

18 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

He loves hockey, and many have speculated that is a part of the problem.  He has made poor hiring decisions in the front office and I believe he had his hand in some horrible FA signings and we all know the result.  He let qualified people run the football ops.

Even though the NFL is a better business to be in I bet Terry would take a Cup win over a super bowl given the choice.  

I doubt that

• Eyeroll 1

21 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

2 hours ago, TBBills said:

I doubt that

Terry Pegula is 90% of the problem with the Sabres, but it's not because he doesn't care about them winning.  

He thinks he knows something about hockey, despite being the lowest information sports fan you've ever known.

There is a video/audio clip floating around from a few years ago talking about the Sabres potentially acquiring Taylor Hall in the off-season (which we later did).

Terry says on a hot microphone: "If we get this guy, we aren't talking about making the playoffs, we are talking about making a run at the Cup" or words to that effect.

It is the perfect statement demonstrating just how stupid he is.  His judgment is horrible.  He has no understanding--whatsoever--of what makes a quality hockey team or how to build one.  

There is no doubt he ordered Darcy Regier to acquire Ville Leino, leading to one of the worst FA acquisitions in club history, b/c he scored the goal that put the Sabres out of the playoffs the previous season.

It goes on and on.  When ANY sports team is THIS BAD for THIS LONG there is only 1 possible place to look: OWNERSHIP.  

It literally HAS to be ownership to be this bad this long.

You would think Buffalo sports fans would be well informed on this topic given our history with Ralph Wilson and the Bills.

I continue to PRAY that he gives up on the Sabres, focuses solely on the Bills, and sells the hockey team.

That's where we are now as Sabres fans, I think.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Terry Pegula is 90% of the problem with the Sabres, but it's not because he doesn't care about them winning.  

He thinks he knows something about hockey, despite being the lowest information sports fan you've ever known.

There is a video/audio clip floating around from a few years ago talking about the Sabres potentially acquiring Taylor Hall in the off-season (which we later did).

Terry says on a hot microphone: "If we get this guy, we aren't talking about making the playoffs, we are talking about making a run at the Cup" or words to that effect.

It is the perfect statement demonstrating just how stupid he is.  His judgment is horrible.  He has no understanding--whatsoever--of what makes a quality hockey team or how to build one.  

There is no doubt he ordered Darcy Regier to acquire Ville Leino, leading to one of the worst FA acquisitions in club history, b/c he scored the goal that put the Sabres out of the playoffs the previous season.

It goes on and on.  When ANY sports team is THIS BAD for THIS LONG there is only 1 possible place to look: OWNERSHIP.  

It literally HAS to be ownership to be this bad this long.

You would think Buffalo sports fans would be well informed on this topic given our history with Ralph Wilson and the Bills.

I continue to PRAY that he gives up on the Sabres, focuses solely on the Bills, and sells the hockey team.

That's where we are now as Sabres fans, I think.

Kim wants to be done with the Sabres.  Terry won't sell.  He loves hockey no matter what the poorly informed in this thread will have you believe. 

On 2/24/2022 at 4:08 PM, Helpmenow said:

Need a new owner

Do the Sabres a favor and put it up and have one sports team. 

Absolutely WRONG! Buffalo is a hockey town and belongs in the NHL. Any  franchise we let leave is gone forever. 

I have watched every single second of Sabres hockey this year, and pretty much every year. If all you do is check the scores and standings it's easy to think they are a basket case.

But actually they are where the Bills were in 2018. They blew up the old core and are cultivating a new one. They are a very young team and players that need to develop. 

But I can tell you this team is already much better than the s##t show they were last year under Krueger. In many games they are playing well only to screw up in their end and give up a goal. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1