Debt Ceiling Nonsense

Tiberius

13 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Well thought out, but I’ll offer this. The Constitution already describes what government is supposed to do and American taxpayers already have a tax policy in place. How about our elected officials just stop spending!!!! Done.

If I were ever elected President, I would figure out what percentage of the debt each state owns, and which congressional district within each state owns, then tell the respective Senator and Congressperson they have two months to give me a plan to cut spending by 50% of what they owe.  And if they don’t do it then I decide the cuts.  I’d cut the executive branch budget by 50%.  No more Air Force One, no state dinners, cut half the Cabinet departments.  

A budget would be written, and until accepted I’d veto every bill that came to my desk.

25 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

If I were ever elected President, I would figure out what percentage of the debt each state owns, and which congressional district within each state owns, then tell the respective Senator and Congressperson they have two months to give me a plan to cut spending by 50% of what they owe.  And if they don’t do it then I decide the cuts.  I’d cut the executive branch budget by 50%.  No more Air Force One, no state dinners, cut half the Cabinet departments.  

A budget would be written, and until accepted I’d veto every bill that came to my desk.

The Deep State Establishment and the perpetual bureaucracy would insist you were a Russian asset, turn law enforcement and intelligence assets inside the government against you, plant false stories in the media which their agents in the press would run with 24/7, and hold hearings to uncover your misdeeds and the threat you posed to America. 

56 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

You’ve got my vote

16 hours ago, ALF said:

Tax cut for rich under W Bush $1.5T ,  tax cut for rich under Trump $1.9T = $3.4T , did that help the average person ?

I did not include the Reagan tax cut

Yes! I was making less than average hhi at the time of the bush cuts and it helped me quite a bit at the time make ends meet. 

Trump was nearly a wash for me because the SALT cap just shifted where taxes went and but my hhi is a lot different now. My family members closer to average hhi claimed to benefit but I do not know. 

Also just To make sure we are looking at the entire political spectrum, In 1997, Clinton signed a reduction in the capital gains tax rate to 20% from 28%.  Did that help the average person? 

is that more the type of average Joe tax cut    That liberals can get behind? 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The Deep State Establishment and the perpetual bureaucracy would insist you were a Russian asset, turn law enforcement and intelligence assets inside the government against you, plant false stories in the media which their agents in the press would run with 24/7, and hold hearings to uncover your misdeeds and the threat you posed to America. 

Let them

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

You’ve got my vote

We need 537 people to step up, one in each congressional seat, one for each senate seat, and the president and Vice President.  All who hold no allegiance to the extreme of either political party.  537 people who may be conservative on some issues, maybe more liberal on others, but willing to actually sit, deliberate, compromise and eventually pass legislation.  537 people interested in getting things done vs. playing cheap politics.  I am convinced the majority of the people in this country fit into this model.

For me you can start with a balanced budget amendment, term limits, and voting rights legislation.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

We are not screwed at all. That's part of the BS of all this. People screaming the sky is falling because we spend money. Blah blah 

That's right just keep printing it as much as you need while the interest can't & will never be paid back let alone the principle but hey what the hell as long as you can print money every thing will be just fine WTF .

I'm so glad i don't follow these leaders or believe them like you do maybe that's why my mortgage will be PAID OFF next week 24 yrs before it's due to be .

And your probably in debt up to your a**  & your check book probably looks like the one the gov't is in charge because you just keep on borrowing & spending and is why you blindly follow and believe everything they say and do because you follow their example . 

7 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I appreciate the sentiment...but they have to learn how to crawl before they can run.  So, I'd say that they cannot increase spending beyond the projected tax revenues.  In other words, just like EVERYONE does at home.  No need to cut anything, yet, just service the debt, pay for the common defense, etc.

32 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I appreciate the sentiment...but they have to learn how to crawl before they can run.  So, I'd say that they cannot increase spending beyond the projected tax revenues.  In other words, just like EVERYONE does at home.  No need to cut anything, yet, just service the debt, pay for the common defense, etc.

Spot on brother.  

15 hours ago, B-Man said:

No.

and neither will a 3.5 trillion giveaway...............as you are aware

foolish comparison.

$3.5T was never going to to pass even with tax increase to cover it as you are aware.

5 hours ago, ALF said:

$3.5T was never going to to pass even with tax increase to cover it as you are aware.

What a country! You gather a couple hundred numbskulls in a room on the east coast and they dream up a grab bag of nonsense they want to buy for Christmas. Then, when they realize they have NO MONEY, they turn to the American people and say “we need a whole bunch of YOUR money to buy all this crazy stuff we dreamed up”.  Ya gotta love it. 

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

What a country! You gather a couple hundred numbskulls in a room on the east coast and they dream up a grab bag of nonsense they want to buy for Christmas. Then, when they realize they have NO MONEY, they turn to the American people and say “we need a whole bunch of YOUR money to buy all this crazy stuff we dreamed up”.  Ya gotta love it. 

The squad are nut cases , I do like Manchin

28 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Gotta love it - NO MONEY???? How the F did we afford a tax cut for the rich?

Dine n dash tRump style

Idiots 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s not a tax cut you idiot

Your “conservative” prize aka Jesus Trump racked up how much debt and the GQP fks don’t want to pay - really?

Trump, who promised a middle class tax cut - which was just two weeks away just like health care and infrastructure - DREAMED UP and McConnell passed a ginormous tax cut to the top 1%- and then - the cult is like:

“Then, when they realize they have NO MONEY, they turn to the American people and say “we need a whole bunch of YOUR money to buy all this crazy stuff we dreamed up”.  Ya gotta love it.”

Idiots - freakn idiots.

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Your “conservative” prize aka Jesus Trump racked up how much debt and the GQP fks don’t want to pay - really?

Trump, who promised a middle class tax cut - which was just two weeks away just like health care and infrastructure - DREAMED UP and McConnell passed a ginormous tax cut to the top 1%- and then - the cult is like:

“Then, when they realize they have NO MONEY, they turn to the American people and say “we need a whole bunch of YOUR money to buy all this crazy stuff we dreamed up”.  Ya gotta love it.”

Idiots - freakn idiots.

Next time you say WE can afford something first ask if YOU are the one paying for it. If what you really mean is YOU want ME to pay for it….STFU!

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Next time you say WE can afford something first ask if YOU are the one paying for it. If what you really mean is YOU want ME to pay for it….STFU!

Did you ask if we could afford Trump’s tax cut? The Trump wall? Trumps hundreds and hundreds of millions of tax dollars to Trump properties and non stop golfing at his private resorts?

Oh no - you didn’t?  Of course not.

But YOU are paying for it - we all are - but not the top 1%.

Trumpholes 247365

image.thumb.jpeg.b5e2498f7e0f329c6fa1fdebe0850b4b.jpeg

15 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Did you ask if we could afford Trump’s tax cut? The Trump wall? Trumps hundreds and hundreds of millions of tax dollars to Trump properties and non stop golfing at his private resorts?

Trumpholes 247365

But its perfectly okay for you to do the flip-flop pointing out the fiscal excesses of the previous administration but now be wildly in support of trillions in wasteful spending because the other party is currently in charge now?  If so perhaps you refuse to see it but you are guilty of the same ideological inconsistencies as the people you soundly criticize.  Or am I reading you wrong and you're against all these trillions in new spending and fiscal excesses regardless of which party is in control?  If you do indeed oppose both I apologize.   

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

Trumpholes 247365

When YOU start paying for this stuff, please get back to me.  Until then, please keep your Trump fixation to yourself.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/5/2021 at 11:50 AM, B-Man said:

No.

and neither will a 3.5 trillion giveaway...............as you are aware

foolish comparison.

Very. Also, we can ALWAYS afford a tax cut. Less government confiscation of people’s money is a good thing. Less spending is what needs to be the focus. Calling a 3.5 Trillion sham” infrastructure “ bill paid for is complete nonsense, when the government borrows half of each dollar it spends to begin with. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

When YOU start paying for this stuff, please get back to me.  Until then, please keep your Trump fixation to yourself.

HA - everyone should pay their fair share bro but we all know YOU and your cult are willing pawns for millionaire and billionaires.

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

HA - everyone should pay their fair share bro but we all know YOU and your cult are willing pawns for millionaire and billionaires.

Wrong....loser. I'm one of the ones paying for it all.  When you get to that status, please get back to me. Until then STFU.

Edited by SoCal Deek

30 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Wrong....loser. I'm one of the ones paying for it all.  When you get to that status, please get back to me. Until then STFU.

HA - so obnoxious - I pay taxes in several states and federal.

Keep being a pawn for millionaires and billionaires who pay none.

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

If and when you ever actually become a millionaire, get back to me.  Until then stop trying to tell ME what I should pay.

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

If and when you ever actually become a millionaire, get back to me.  Until then stop trying to tell ME what I should pay.

So triggered - lmao - I don’t have to tell you to pay taxes - lmao - your guy is doing it for me.

Sucks being called out and upstaged by your own party and the “King of Debt” who promised to reduce the national debt — then made it surge with his signature legislation - tax cuts that made it surge to the third-biggest deficit increase of any president.

Congrats 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886ge2er2uxsoe5m79bha

Here is the breakdown of who is paying what today:

who-pays-taxes-chart-2.jpg

https://www.pgpf.org/budget-basics/who-pays-taxes

THE U.S. TAX SYSTEM IS PROGRESSIVE

As a whole, the U.S. tax code remains progressive — with higher-income taxpayers paying a greater share of their income in taxes. That is true despite the fact that high-income Americans benefit disproportionately from tax breaks, otherwise known as tax expenditures.

Major tax expenditures — such as lower rates on capital gains and dividends, deductions for charitable contributions, and deductions for state and local taxes — tend to benefit higher-income taxpayers more than lower-income groups. CBO estimates that the top quintile of taxpayers receive 51 percent of the value of major tax expenditures, while only 8 percent goes to the bottom quintile. However, even with substantial tax expenditures, the top one percent of American taxpayers still pay an effective tax rate of 29 percent, on average, while the bottom 20 percent of the population pay an average of 3 percent.

TPC estimates that 68 percent of taxes collected for 2019 came from those in the top quintile, or those earning an income above $163,600 annually. Within this group, the top one percent of income earners — those earning more than $818,700 per year — will contribute over one-quarter of all federal revenues collected.

9 minutes ago, BillStime said:

So triggered - lmao - I don’t have to tell you to pay taxes - lmao - your guy is doing it for me.

Sucks being called out and upstaged by your own party and the “King of Debt” who promised to reduce the national debt — then made it surge with his signature legislation - tax cuts that made it surge to the third-biggest deficit increase of any president.

Congrats 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886ge2er2uxsoe5m79bha

You have to be most naive person in America. Keep dreaming of your future utopia. You’ll still be a loser. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Your position here is based on a political fallacy.  That fallacy being that Republicans solidly support the wealthy and Democrats oppose the wealthy in support of the middle and working class "little people".  But if you look at a list of the largest political donors the list is split pretty evenly between the two parties.  So the truth is both parties are beholden to the wealthy millionaire and billionaire campaign and party donor class.  And neither is likely to present and enact any tax proposals that do meaningful harm to their largest donors.  No biting the hand that feeds you is allowed in the world of big campaign donors. 

This perceived difference in the party candidates is one of the illusions created by the 1% and the political class.  it provides the voters a false option that there is some fundamental difference between candidates.  Rarely is this true.  The other truth is they continue to fool most voters of both parties the fight between each other 100% of the time on a 5% difference between the core interests the major political parties.  

https://www.opensecrets.org/elections-overview/biggest-donors?cycle=2020&view=fc

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Im still winning and you’re still losing. 

You lost ages ago - that’s why you’re so triggered by just about everything I post.

You hate yourself and hate that your savior Jesus Trump is a failure too.

Have a great day 

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

You lost ages ago - that’s why you’re so triggered by just about everything I post.

You hate yourself and hate that your savior Jesus Trump is a failure too.

Have a great day 

And still…..I’m still winning and you’ll always be a loser. 
Enjoy your day.

• Haha (+1) 1

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/biden-senate-mull-changing-filibuster-ahead-debt-ceiling-vote-n1280913

McConnell says he will not block a vote on the debt ceiling.

McConnell is a bit not truthful in how he discusses this. He wants a limit raised by Dems. If he ends the filibuster in any debt fueling bill, then that bill can be passed solely by Dems.

So McConnell using the filibuster is the only thing ever holding this bill up. McConnell could just end a filibuster and the Dems would happily pass the bill without Republican support.

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

The politicians have now ensured people will pay attention to them until December now when --don't scream--we might have another financial catastrophe!! 

You have to agree that NONE of these people are working for the American people anymore.  They're all just jockeying for position and trying to get re-elected to save their own jobs.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 10/7/2021 at 9:05 AM, Tiberius said:

The politicians have now ensured people will pay attention to them until December now when --don't scream--we might have another financial catastrophe!! 

I laughed when I heard this because it is all so predictable. Finally at the last minute they reach a deal or whatever to keep the money flowing for another 2 months. In a month and a half there will be much hand wringing and doomsday predictions and the donkey team blaming the elephant team and vice versa until at the last minute a deal will be reached.

There's an election in 13 months and this makes for good fund raising.

• Agree 1