Name a Left Wing Position

JaCrispy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

National Education Association teachers union proposes resolution to change 'mother' to 'birthing parent'

The National Education Association proposed a resolution that would change the word "mother" in contracts to "birthing parent" for the purpose of being inclusive to the LGBTQIA+ community. 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/national-education-association-teachers-union-proposes-resolution-change-mother-birthing-parent

Change calendars and greeting cards to Happy Birthing Parent Day

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ALF said:

National Education Association teachers union proposes resolution to change 'mother' to 'birthing parent'

The National Education Association proposed a resolution that would change the word "mother" in contracts to "birthing parent" for the purpose of being inclusive to the LGBTQIA+ community. 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/national-education-association-teachers-union-proposes-resolution-change-mother-birthing-parent

Change calendars and greeting cards to Happy Birthing Parent Day

And I honestly have coworkers who can't understand why I won't join the union. NEA should not even be in this discussion, and certainly shouldn't be on this side of the argument.

On 9/20/2021 at 10:48 AM, JaCrispy said:

There was actually a study done on this by a Left wing writer for the publication, Mother Jones, who’s got no love for the Right...

His analysis actually found that, over the last 20 years, with regards to views on guns, taxes, abortion, etc, that the Right has, for the most part, stayed the same, or moved up to five percentage points to the Right...whereas the Left averaged a Leftward shift of 15-20 percentage points...yet the Left tries to make the Right out to be the extremists...

The point of conservative ideology is it doesn't change. It never changes. Extreme conservatives want to follow documents written hundreds or thousands of years ago to the letter then impose those beliefs on the rest of society. Extreme liberals want to advance faster than the latest I Phone and impose those concepts on the rest of society. I think most normal people do not believe in either of these concepts as they aren't extreme in views. Society/media is just pushing us into a situation where they want you to be in a category. It's easier to market to you if they do, it's easier to keep your attention, easier to sell you ***** you don't need. Most of us normal liberals and conservatives share tons of view points and can meet in the middle on many topics. It's just not sexy to say that, it doesn't sell. 

Edited by KzooMike
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, KzooMike said:

The point of conservative ideology is it doesn't change. It never changes. Extreme conservatives want to follow documents written hundreds or thousands of years ago to the letter then impose those beliefs on the rest of society. Extreme liberals want to advance faster than the latest I Phone and impose those concepts on the rest of society. I think most normal people do not believe in either of these concepts as they aren't extreme in views. Society/media is just pushing us into a situation where they want you to be in a category. It's easier to market to you if they do, it's easier to keep your attention, easier to sell you ***** you don't need. Most of us normal liberals and conservatives share tons of view points and can meet in the middle on many topics. It's just not sexy to say that, it doesn't sell. 

The difference between the left and right...

Both are stuck in traffic that isn't moving.

The Liberal honks his horn, threatens, and yells at everyone around him to do something, anything!

The Conservative decides to leave his car and walk, stranding everyone behind his parked car.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, KzooMike said:

I don't think anyone (conservatives) want things to be the way they were thousands, or even hundreds, of years ago.  It seems to me that the shift is to the left for all because the left keeps pulling it that way and the right goes along with it and eventually becomes comfortable with it.  There are just some things like abortion and guns that the right won't let-go of, although I think guns, specifically high-capacity ones, are starting to change many people's minds and as more people leave the Church, fewer will believe in pro-life.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, unbillievable said:

The difference between the left and right...

Both are stuck in traffic that isn't moving.

The Liberal honks his horn, threatens, and yells at everyone around him to do something, anything!

The Conservative decides to leave his car and walk, stranding everyone behind his parked car.

im tired of the comparisons as if both sides are evenly pulling. the left owns the culture. so every media source besides fox, every movie studio. every late night show. every university is pulling left, giving a slanted view point of left talking points while demonizing the right so the public is constantly gaslit towards the left being rightcheous and right demonized.

liberals dont only stop traffic they are throwing the car in reverse. segragating, judging people solely based on skin, erasing womens rights, empowering government and corporations to punish those who oppose them politically, advocating violence to get what they want. 

all things liberals fought against a very short time ago and this new left front is now fully embracing. if anyone was a democrat just ten years ago and still believe dems are fighting the good fight..your a fraud that never had principals to guide you. just blind party loyalty.

i think real racists are loving talks of segregation, foreign enemies are loving the idea of choosing less qualified leaders just on skincolor, dropping test requirements and destabilizing communities with soft on crime laws, open boarders to smuggle and traffic. corporations and gov are loving that a chunk of the country wants them to consolidate and use their power to destroy anyone who opposes them. 

its like the country has come so far when it comes to certain topics democrats have engineered the issues to be fought in reverse so they can re pander to later.

if this keeps going the way democrats want a generation or two will have to fight these battles all over again. these people in this message board, advocating this nonsense daily, are the reason.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Doc said:

I don't think anyone (conservatives) want things to be the way they were thousands, or even hundreds, of years ago.  It seems to me that the shift is to the left for all because the left keeps pulling it that way and the right goes along with it and eventually becomes comfortable with it.  There are just some things like abortion and guns that the right won't let-go of, although I think guns, specifically high-capacity ones, are starting to change many people's minds and as more people leave the Church, fewer will believe in pro-life.

Where do most pro life advocates come to an understanding on when life actually begins? Religion. Ask a bunch of atheists when life begins and you will get a massive variety of answers. Hell, I've never even asked myself that question before. Ask a bunch of devout Christians the same question and you will get one answer and one answer only. When was the most famous book on religion written? 

When was the 2nd amendment written and what was the original intent of the 2nd amendment? Is the original intent of the 2nd amendment applicable to our current society?

Why is it that here, in the US, these two topics are so fought over. When to the overwhelming majority of the rest of the free world this isn't even a conversation? 

9 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

im tired of the comparisons as if both sides are evenly pulling. the left owns the culture. so every media source besides fox, every movie studio. every late night show. every university is pulling left, giving a slanted view point of left talking points while demonizing the right so the public is constantly gaslit towards the left being rightcheous and right demonized.

liberals dont only stop traffic they are throwing the car in reverse. segragating, judging people solely based on skin, erasing womens rights, empowering government and corporations to punish those who oppose them politically, advocating violence to get what they want. 

all things liberals fought against a very short time ago and this new left front is now fully embracing. if anyone was a democrat just ten years ago and still believe dems are fighting the good fight..your a fraud that never had principals to guide you. just blind party loyalty.

i think real racists are loving talks of segregation, foreign enemies are loving the idea of choosing less qualified leaders just on skincolor, dropping test requirements and destabilizing communities with soft on crime laws, open boarders to smuggle and traffic. corporations and gov are loving that a chunk of the country wants them to consolidate and use their power to destroy anyone who opposes them. 

its like the country has come so far when it comes to certain topics democrats have engineered the issues to be fought in reverse so they can re pander to later.

if this keeps going the way democrats want a generation or two will have to fight these battles all over again. these people in this message board, advocating this nonsense daily, are the reason.

I'm a moderate, 10-20 years ago, I was liberal on social views and fiscally conservative. I still wish to be that, but liberal on social views in today is off the rocker. Both parties have serious issues. I can't say either one is better or worse. Both are steaming piles. 

Edited by KzooMike

3 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

Why is it that here, in the US, these two topics are so fought over.

When in the overwhelming majority of the rest of the free world this isn't even a conversation? 

Because we have freedom Mike.

We are free to bicker over what is right and wrong.

That's why the "rest of the world" wants to come here.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KzooMike said:

Where do most pro life advocates come to an understanding on when life actually begins? Religion. Ask a bunch of atheists when life begins and you will get a massive variety of answers. Hell, I've never even asked myself that question before. Ask a bunch of devout Christians the same question and you will get one answer and one answer only. When was the most famous book on religion written? 

When was the 2nd amendment written and what was the ordinal intent of the 2nd amendment? Is the original intent of the 2nd amendment applicable to our current society?

Why is it that here, in the US, these two topics are so fought over. When in the overwhelming majority of the rest of the free world this isn't even a conversation? 

I say it begins at conception.  But I'm OK with abortion until about 20 weeks.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Because we have freedom Mike.

We are free to bicker over what is right and wrong.

That's why the "rest of the world" wants to come here.

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

I say it begins at conception.  But I'm OK with abortion until about 20 weeks.

Regardless if we agree or not I appreciate the sensible approach both you have. I don't often migrate over to the PPP board. It's offseason, times are hard.  

• Like (+1) 1