300+ Yard Passing Games

Protocal69

I like many of us watched the Thursday night game last night between Dallas and Tampa Bay but I just kept thinking about how well Brady and Dak played but when I thought about Dak performance specifically the main thing I was thinking about was how Dak team has lost another game with him throwing for over 300 yards ( 400 in this case).

For the record in his career Dak is 9-8 when he passes for over 300 yards and has lost 7 out of his 10 last games when he goes for over 300 yards passing

In contrast Josh Allen is 9-0 when he passes for over 300 yards with a 73% completion rate. Last night Dak threw the ball 59 times to get to 400 and the only times Allen had to throw the ball more than 40 times was twice to get to 300 yards ironically vs the Jets both times. (46 att and 43 att respectively)

In summary it just really made me appreciate Josh Allen performance just a tad more in 2020 and hope he continues his trend of him having great passing games and getting the win which is the most important thing.

Edited by Protocal69
  • Like (+1) 15
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

While Dak is definitely a tier below Josh, I think what last night showed again is Dallas's coaching is about 18 tiers below McDermott and co. 

Mike McCarthy is 6-12-1 in his last 19 games where his Quarterback was either Aaron Rodgers (future 1st ballot HoFer) or Dak Prescott (top 10 NFL QB). That suggests a staggering level of incompetence. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, BillsFanMike said:

I remember the days when we didn't have 300 yards passing in a game for whole seasons.

Be interesting to know the intervals between 300 yd games thru-out the drought years.  I suspect the graph would be pretty flat.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

I like many of us watched the Thursday night game last night between Dallas and Tampa Bay but I just kept thinking about how well Brady and Dak played but when I thought about Dak performance specifically the main thing I was thinking about was how Dak team has lost another game with him throwing for over 300 yards ( 400 in this case).

For the record in his career Dak is 9-8 when he passes for over 300 yards and has lost 7 out of his 10 last games when he goes for over 300 yards passing

In contrast Josh Allen is 9-0 when he passes for over 300 yards with a 73% completion rate. Last night Dak threw the ball 59 times to get to 400 and the only times Allen had to throw the ball more than 40 times was twice to get to 300 yards ironically vs the Jets both times. (46 att and 43 att respectively)

In summary it just really made me appreciate Josh Allen performance just a tad more in 2020 and hope he continues his trend of him having great passing games and getting the win which is the most important thing.

Last night, Both of the QBs arms looked like pop-guns compared to the cannon JA17 brings.  I'm not sure how that really translates into more wins this is just something you notice when watching any non-Josh Allen QB.

I think we can attack anywhere because of it. It is too hard, too risky, for any CB to attempt to jump a JA pass....

On the downside, Josh is still working on that bomb..... Can you throw a bomb fast?  If there's a way, Josh will find it. If not, maybe he'll incorporate a long, lob bomb into his game.

44 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

While Dak is definitely a tier below Josh, I think what last night showed again is Dallas's coaching is about 18 tiers below McDermott and co. 

Mike McCarthy is 6-12-1 in his last 19 games where his Quarterback was either Aaron Rodgers (future 1st ballot HoFer) or Dak Prescott (top 10 NFL QB). That suggests a staggering level of incompetence. 

I had the same reaction.  I was watching the confusion among defenders on some plays, the procedure penalties at critical times.   Serious lack of discipline compared to McDermott.  Or compared to the Bucs.  And the Bucs got better as they needed to in the 4th quarter.  The Cowboys looked the same as they did in the first quarter. 

Brady had one meaningless INT, but the turnovers were still 3-1 in Dallas's favor.   3-1 and 400 yards passing, and you still can't win the game?  

Their failure to get the first down on the final drive, taking a holding penalty to make the first down virtually impossible, was a tell-tale sign for a team going nowhere.   One more first down and they can (1) make the field goal easier, (2) have a shot at the TD, and (3) run another minute off the clock.   As it was, they left Brady with so much time to get the field goal that they threw the ball away intentionally three times, just to waste a little clock themselves. 

One other thing.  Although he seems to have a drop problem, Cee Dee whatever has some really special skills, they have Cooper on the other side, some good looking tight ends, plus Gallup.   And Zeke.   I think the Bills are downright scary on offense, and with that lineup, Dallas should be, too.   

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

One other thing.  Although he seems to have a drop problem, Cee Dee whatever has some really special skills, they have Cooper on the other side, some good looking tight ends, plus Gallup.   And Zeke.   I think the Bills are downright scary on offense, and with that lineup, Dallas should be, too.   

Think Zeke is hurting rather than helping at this point. And obviously having a competent kicker might have made a difference too. They definitely have 3 nice wideouts though. And they have a good Quarterback. Not sure which other units are working for them.

In Dak's defense, 

- his one interception was a perfect pass into a tight window that bounced right off the WR'S hands and directly lead to a TB TD

- another drive was killed because of a dropped pass

- the kicker missed an XP and a chip shot FG (was around 15 yards wide)

Basically, on the road, he put up 33 points against a top rated defense - that should win you most games

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Would you swap Zeke for Motor even up?  Sounds like no.  I don't know, but Zeke never strikes me as a guy who's fully into the game, emotionally and intellectually.  He's a bull with the ball, but he often strikes me as disengaged a lot of the rest of the time.  

12 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Would you swap Zeke for Motor even up?  Sounds like no.  I don't know, but Zeke never strikes me as a guy who's fully into the game, emotionally and intellectually.  He's a bull with the ball, but he often strikes me as disengaged a lot of the rest of the time.  

I think Zeke is done. He looks finished to me. He can't accelerate at all. 2 years ago that pitch play is a walk in touchdown. He needed like 2 steps of burst and the DB would have be dead. But now he knew he couldn't win to the corner and so tried to cut it back and ran into traffic. At this point I wouldn't trade anything for him. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Zeke is done. He looks finished to me. He can't accelerate at all. 2 years ago that pitch play is a walk in touchdown. He needed like 2 steps of burst and the DB would have be dead. But now he knew he couldn't win to the corner and so tried to cut it back and ran into traffic. At this point I wouldn't trade anything for him. 

You know, I'd like to think that kind of decline shouldn't happen.   I know, we always talk about the wear and tear of being a big-time running back, all those touches in high school, then Ohio State, then the pros.   Then the guy just drops off the cliff.   

Well, I look at Singletary and the talk about the training that he did in the off-season, his approach, his focus on little aspects of his game.  I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the guys who lasted a long time are more serious in the off-season about their careers than maybe Zeke and some others.  

Derek Henry has been pounded just as much, or more, and no one's talking about him hitting a wall.  I'd be interested to compare their off-season activities, their focus, their training.  Zeke has 300 more pro carries, Henry 100 more college carries. 

Edited by Shaw66

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Great nose ring though. 😂😂

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I had the same reaction.  I was watching the confusion among defenders on some plays, the procedure penalties at critical times.   Serious lack of discipline compared to McDermott.  Or compared to the Bucs.  And the Bucs got better as they needed to in the 4th quarter.  The Cowboys looked the same as they did in the first quarter. 

Brady had one meaningless INT, but the turnovers were still 3-1 in Dallas's favor.   3-1 and 400 yards passing, and you still can't win the game?  

Their failure to get the first down on the final drive, taking a holding penalty to make the first down virtually impossible, was a tell-tale sign for a team going nowhere.   One more first down and they can (1) make the field goal easier, (2) have a shot at the TD, and (3) run another minute off the clock.   As it was, they left Brady with so much time to get the field goal that they threw the ball away intentionally three times, just to waste a little clock themselves. 

Holding calls: This is a place where Josh Allen is changing the game I think. It seems to me that Josh overcomes what used to be impossible with regularity now. I think it pisses him off to tell you the truth. Just a couple weeks ago even in preseason, the refs gave us a couple holding calls and Josh scored a TD anyhow. Both calls were completely invisible with no sign of a penalty on the number of the player called. Being able to beat a holding call like that makes me love Josh Allen all the more and love being a true-blue Bills fan.

2 hours ago, ticketssince61 said:

In Dak's defense, 

- his one interception was a perfect pass into a tight window that bounced right off the WR'S hands and directly lead to a TB TD

- another drive was killed because of a dropped pass

- the kicker missed an XP and a chip shot FG (was around 15 yards wide)

Basically, on the road, he put up 33 points against a top rated defense - that should win you most games

Bucs D was a mess last night.  Bad penalties keeping drives alive.  Cowboys announced the simply were not going to bother to run the ball.....and they still could hardly mess with Dak.