Abortion Basically Illegal In Texas Now

Tiberius

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/09/01/supreme-court-texas-abortion-ban-508275

The Supreme Court early Wednesday let a Texas state law take effect that allows private citizens to sue to uphold a ban on the procedure after six weeks of pregnancy, potentially creating a new template for states to impose strict restrictions on the procedure.

The court’s decision to not act on an emergency petition from Texas abortion clinics comes as the justices prepare to more broadly reconsider the right to an abortion it established almost 50 years ago. In May, justices agreed to review Mississippi’s ban on the procedure after 15 weeks of pregnancy — a direct challenge to Roe v. Wade, the landmark 1973 decision that legalized abortion nationwide. Those arguments are expected later this year, with a ruling in 2022.

6 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

The law is still under review and won't be argued in the Supreme Court until 2022.

The headline (as always) is misleading.

Well, in true liberal progressive fashion, he did throw the "basically" disclaimer in there 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Right. Just as having to show ID makes it basically too difficult to vote, etc. 

I have a good one 

Trump basically kills 800,000 people 

Thats one of my favorites 

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

What’s the problem you see here?   

Complaining about voting, making it harder to vote and then turning around and saying its about IDs when its not. 

1 hour ago, TSOL said:

"Basically" corrupt

Basically you are a D-bag 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Complaining about voting, making it harder to vote and then turning around and saying its about IDs when its not. 

Oh, you have concerns about the security of our elections, and ensuring that our process is fair and just.  Get in line, it seems everyone has those concerns, oddly, after the most ultra-secure and really really cool election in the history of peopleness.

I thought you had issues with this particular case in Texas.  

7 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Oh, you have concerns about the security of our elections, and ensuring that our process is fair and just.  Get in line, it seems everyone has those concerns, oddly, after the most ultra-secure and really really cool election in the history of peopleness.

I thought you had issues with this particular case in Texas.  

So glad it was a fair election in 2020. Those sore losers that couldn't accept the results ran off to make it harder to vote. 

Won't work. Won't work 

• Like (+1) 2

By the way does it really take more than 6 weeks to realize you missed your period and decide you don’t want to be a parent? 

I guess to be fair the people who don’t have that sorted out by may not be stellar at parenting either. 

I sure wish some science or data could be framed around the argument.  Projecting religious beliefs just don’t make sense.  

I gotta admit I saw a lot of antivaxers with a my body my choice signs, so there might be some common ground. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

47 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

By the way does it really take more than 6 weeks to realize you missed your period and decide you don’t want to be a parent? 

I guess to be fair the people who don’t have that sorted out by may not be stellar at parenting either. 

I sure wish some science or data could be framed around the argument.  Projecting religious beliefs just don’t make sense.  

I gotta admit I saw a lot of antivaxers with a my body my choice signs, so there might be some common ground. 

Not every woman has a period every month. 

The lack of understanding of basic science and biology on the board boggles the mind. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Not every woman has a period every month. 

The lack of understanding of basic science and biology on the board boggles the mind. 

So add post menopausal women to the scientific conversation I’ve suggested. 

the lack of attempted dialog and attempt to find common ground on this board boggles the mind. 

8 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

So add post menopausal women to the scientific conversation I’ve suggested. 

the lack of attempted dialog and attempt to find common ground on this board boggles the mind. 

You continue to show a staggering lack of knowledge about women. Maybe skip justifying laws until you understand how women menstruate. 

30 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

You continue to show a staggering lack of knowledge about women. Maybe skip justifying laws until you understand how women menstruate. 

That’s your take away?  I was delegating the extremely fascinating and in depth analysis of menstrual cycles to science people to come up with a scientific approach to a arbitrary timeline 

In your outrage you missed that point? Are you PMSing by chance? 

I swear you people read past rhetoric to try and find things to be offended about. 

Sine your the expert what’s the right answer??  Full term never, fourth trimester? I’d love to hear from an expert 

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

that’s the sciency part I wonder about. Is there a way to have a demarcation most people can agree with based on some scientific approach 

After the 2nd trimester, the baby can survive outside the womb.  Prior to, no.

5 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

That’s your take away?  I was delegating the extremely fascinating and in depth analysis of menstrual cycles to science people to come up with a scientific approach to a arbitrary timeline 

In your outrage you missed that point? Are you PMSing by chance? 

I swear you people read past rhetoric to try and find things to be offended about. 

Sine your the expert what’s the right answer??  Full term never, fourth trimester? I’d love to hear from an expert 

I'm not offended by your lack of knowledge of women's biology. I just suggest that you should understand it if you're going to use it to justify a law. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Shithole poster 

Have you ever met a woman?

12 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

I'm not offended by your lack of knowledge of women's biology. I just suggest that you should understand it if you're going to use it to justify a law. 

Who was justifying anything?

Im the least likely person here to advocate that someone who wants to kill their unborn child or whatever nomenclature you chose should be forced by law to have it. 

What should the law be? Full term? Second trimester? Take a stand and back it up

8 minutes ago, 716er said:

Shithole poster 

Have you ever met a woman?

1) yes I agree you are and you live in one. We covered that.

2) yes.

thx

6 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Incel logic 

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Good so 6 weeks is a problem. What’s right? Open a dialogue “area code”er

With you? On PPP?

LOL

33 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Who was justifying anything?

Im the least likely person here to advocate that someone who wants to kill their unborn child or whatever nomenclature you chose should be forced by law to have it. 

What should the law be? Full term? Second trimester? Take a stand and back it up

1) yes I agree you are and you live in one. We covered that.

2) yes.

thx

You made an idiotic statement about women's biology and 2 sentences later said science should drive decisions. If you want science to drive, have a basic understanding of it. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Sundancer said:

You made an idiotic statement about women's biology and 2 sentences later said science should drive decisions. If you want science to drive, have a basic understanding of it. 

Ok what is it? 

enlighten the audience and stop hiding by arguing a point literally conceded in the very same post. 

7 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Love hearing guys talking about women and their reproductive systems - so f'd up.

Biden's State Department (filled I'm sure with plenty of hash tagging soy boys that shoot all the time) shut down imports of Russian ammo in a time of an ammo shortage.  

Claims it was about new sanctions on them evil Russian oligarchs.   Lolololol

Just making it difficult to exercise our rights and shutting down small gun shop owners in the process.   

Basically, Biden is trying to ban guns.  

Edited by Big Blitz

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Biden's State Department (filled I'm sure with plenty of hash tagging soy boys that shoot all the time) shut down imports of Russian ammo in a time of an ammo shortage.  

Claims it was about new sanctions on them evil Russian oligarchs.   Lolololol

Just making it difficult to exercise our rights and shutting down small gun shop owners in the process.   

Basically, Biden is trying to ban guns.  

If you want to avoid those banning efforts there is a Biden sponsored give away program in Afghanistan. 

they also sponsor 24th trimester abortions with drone strikes, if you want to tie to this topic. 

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Sick pucks

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha time to dust of the ol war on liberal commie women playbook again.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.............. imagine calling the people that would like you to not kill babies both unborn and born (made to feel comfortable first), sick pucks.

Imagine being that evil.  

"Today's horror."  Hahahaha 

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Dislike 1