Young sports stars buying shares of other pro teams

PromoTheRobot

28 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

First Patrick Mahomes with the KC Royals, now Giannis with the Milwaukee Brewers. I wonder if Terry would sell a chunk of the Sabres to Josh Allen? Would he want it?

PTR, would you?  You’re $.  Cmon brother.  It was interesting, but I could see Allen giving the dog head turning sideways look.  Uhhhhh.  Thanks mr. Pegula but wait I’m getting a phone call.  Thanks mr Pegula. 

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

PTR, would you?  You’re $.  Cmon brother.  It was interesting, but I could see Allen giving the dog head turning sideways look.  Uhhhhh.  Thanks mr. Pegula but wait I’m getting a phone call.  Thanks mr Pegula. 

If it were me? Absolutely. I think the Sabres have their "McBeane team" in place in Adams and Granato and some of the young players. It just doesn't feel that way because they are at rock bottom right now.

4 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

I think Tre White would have more interest than Allen in the Sabres

Actually you know what former Bill might be interested? Thurman Thomas. But I don't know if his net worth is high enough.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

Maybe Josh can leverage his impending national celebrity to bring a MLB team to Buffalo? 

And maybe they can be called the Buffalo Bananas... Go Bananas!

I saw a Sportscenter piece about the minor league ball team the Savannah Bannanas just yesterday that was really interesting. Weird coincidence.

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Why would ANYONE want that?

Because even bad pro franchises increase in value. As bad as the Sabres have been they are worth twice now since Terry bought them.

19 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I wonder how good of an investment a pro team actually is? Compared to just putting that money into an index fund and reinvestment of dividends? I know people have gotten big returns on franchises but I also know that it’s not always flipped for a big return either.

Comedian Bill Maher put in an undisclosed amount to buy a chunk of the Mets in 2012. When Steve Cohen bought the team from the Wilpons he tripled his investment..

Edited by PromoTheRobot

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

First Patrick Mahomes with the KC Royals, now Giannis with the Milwaukee Brewers. I wonder if Terry would sell a chunk of the Sabres to Josh Allen? Would he want it?

I heard Jack Eichel is interested.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Actually you know what former Bill night be interested? Thurman Thomas. But I don't know if his net worth is high enough.

Thurman's net worth wouldn't even be close.  He played in the wrong era for having these kind of opportunities.  You would really need to be making Josh Allen kinda money to even consider buying a share of a sports team.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.