Jump to content

Trubisky trade value?


Chaos
 Share

Recommended Posts

Mitch Trubisky seems to be playing at a mid-range starting QB level.  He is young and has the measurables that led to him being a first round pick? What could the Bills get for him in a trade? Does the level of potential compensation warrant making a trade? 

  • Vomit 5
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 24
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Bangarang said:

Can we pump the brakes with this kid? He was just a free agent and nobody wanted him. 

A simple eye test demonstrates Nagy was the bigger problem that Trubisky.  So this is a legit topic.  Please feel free to sit it out. 

  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Mitch Trubisky seems to be playing at a mid-range starting QB level.  He is young and has the measurables that led to him being a first round pick? What could the Bills get for him in a trade? Does the level of potential compensation warrant making a trade? 


 

say we trade Trubisky.  What do we look like if Josh gets injured and Webb and Fromm have to step in for a few games?  That should quash any current notions of trading the backup.

  • Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Mitch Trubisky seems to be playing at a mid-range starting QB level.  He is young and has the measurables that led to him being a first round pick? What could the Bills get for him in a trade? Does the level of potential compensation warrant making a trade? 

 

At his price he is worth far more to us as our #2 QB. Everyone saw Mahomes and Jackson exit close playoff games last year right?

  • Like (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, prissythecat said:


 

say we trade Trubisky.  What do we look like if Josh gets injured and Webb and Fromm have to step in for a few games?  That should quash any current notions of trading the backup.

Trubisky is clearly the best BU QB options the Bills will have for 2021. Trubisky will likely be gone to be a starter after this season.  If someone offered a second (price for Garapollo paid by the 49ers), would the long term benefit of the second be worth trading? 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Mitch Trubisky seems to be playing at a mid-range starting QB level.  He is young and has the measurables that led to him being a first round pick? What could the Bills get for him in a trade? Does the level of potential compensation warrant making a trade? 

He’s looking really good in preseason.  Fans may get giddy watching that, but NFL GMs know that it means very little.  What they care about is his regular season performance, which was not exactly great.  He’s a back up level QB until he balls out in the regular season against a halfway decent defense.  I know the coaching staff is working with him and may very well accompany Daboll to his next destination, but he didn’t transform into a “mid-range starting QB” in a few weeks.  

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the better question is who should the Bills target in 2022 for the back up role? If Sam Darnold looks at least "meh" in Carolina and they decide to draft a rookie I wouldn't mind exploring that option. But looking at his contract it looks like the Panthers might be locked into him through the 2022 season with the 5th year option being exercised. So maybe he's a 2023 option.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

He’s looking really good in preseason.  Fans may get giddy watching that, but NFL GMs know that it means very little.  What they care about is his regular season performance, which was not exactly great.  He’s a back up level QB until he balls out in the regular season against a halfway decent defense.  I know the coaching staff is working with him and may very well accompany Daboll to his next destination, but he didn’t transform into a “mid-range starting QB” in a few weeks.  

 

I think the key is that our offense is light years ahead of Chicago's offense that he has played with the last few seasons. From o-line pass protection to receiving threats. That's not to mention as well Daboll is probably a much better x's and o's play caller. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...