Training Camp Practice Saturday, 8/7 from 10am – 12pm Gates open at 9am TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT

13 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Arguing over a meaningless incomplete pass during training camp is the kind of content I come here for. 

That's just wrong headed.  The reason to come here is for arguments over whether blocking schemes are philosophies.  Get a clue, man.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Antonio Williams is a natural scheme fit in outside zone.

As is Moss.

And Breida.

Singletary is not.

I don't like it...........even though everyone knew it was a bad draft for RB's I felt Singletary was the RB1...........and he was excellent in a rush offense catered to his skills............but if switching to OZ continues to streamline the passing game I can live with it if they have players that fit the scheme.    And Moss/Breida/Williams are fits.

I have a hard time believing that a running back who did well behind a man-blocking O-line, and then struggled when they switched to zone can't ultimately make the necessary adjustment. A solid running back is a solid running back. And, honestly, the degree to which Moss was a better back in zone blocking was fairly minor-- his real strength was in pass pro, and that alone makes him a lock, IMO. 

That being said, even if Singletary shows a significant improvement in running behind a zone blocking O-line, he still could very well be the odd man out, if they feel that Williams is the power back they lacked last season. In other words (and I think this goes along with the point you were making), Moss/Breida/Williams may be a more complete running back committee, even if Singletary is a better all-around running back than any one of them, because each one of them may have certain better situational elements than Singletary.

But all of that being said, I will still be quite surprised if Singletary doesn't make this team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, stevewin said:

"Falling credibility"? Are you serious?  I was just taking the time to report what I saw live

yes I’m serious.  If that’s your idea of a bad drop that should have been a TD, your observations aren’t credible to me.  Sorry.  Calling it like I see it.  

Better luck with other folks, plenty of people willing to believe all kind of schtuff about, sure you can find some 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

yes I’m serious.  If that’s your idea of a bad drop that should have been a TD, your observations aren’t credible to me.  Sorry.  Calling it like I see it.  

Better luck with other folks, plenty of people willing to believe all kind of schtuff about, sure you can find some 

Well, I've been a respected and "credible" member of this community since the days it first began.  Calling into question my overall "credibility" because we both saw a play differently - both opinions - I expect better from a mod on this board. 

Edited by stevewin
  • Agree 3

5 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

I for one have faith that Singletary and Moss will do just fine this season, we aren’t going to have noticeably more running plays, as we will continue to pass 70 plus percent of the time, we just need the running game to be effective when it’s called upon, the likely hood of either of them getting one thousand yards running isn’t that high, (not that that would be a bad thing).  It would be real nice to have both of them hit 800 plus all purpose yards, jmo. 

Go Bills!!!

agreed. 
I think they’ll do fine as long as the OL can open some holes for them. We’re a passing offense that doesn’t seem to give a rats a** about running the ball.  I feel that they are serviceable enough to win it all just being a compliment to 17.  We added a dimension that we sorely lacked.  Speed.   Breida can be that weapon that actually makes the defense worry about one of our RBs.  His problem is staying healthy.  I think he’ll be used on maybe 20-25% of the RB carries partly due to his injury history.  I hope I’m wrong about that and he gets more. 

I think I’m hoping for the best version of a motor.  Hopefully he can make a Josh Allen type league going into year 3.  I jest, that’s impossible, but he looks great physically.  Hopefully he can become more decisive and dance less.  

and Moss is solid too.  We just need to see more explosive plays from them imo.  If our OL can get it together, I think we have enough in the run game to make it work. 

• Like (+1) 3

47 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

McKenzie is so much more than a return man/gadget player/wr.  He’ll be a talking head on tv when his playing career is over, if he wants to.  I hope he’s a bill for a long certain.  Easily one of my favorite players.  And his nickname is Lil Dirty.  Gold 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, stevewin said:

Well, I've been a respected and "credible" member of this community since the days it first began.  Calling into question my overall "credibility" because we both saw a play differently - both opinions - I expect better from a mod on this board. 

What, just 'cuz he's a moderator, he can't act like a belligerent dik, once in a while, like the rest of us?

17 minutes ago, NewEra said:

McKenzie is so much more than a return man/gadget player/wr.  He’ll be a talking head on tv when his playing career is over, if he wants to.  I hope he’s a bill for a long certain.  Easily one of my favorite players.  And his nickname is Lil Dirty.  Gold 

Not even being hyperbolic here: McKenzie is one of the guys who define this team. Pretty amazing for a guy who is, for all intents and purposes, a depth player.

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

On 8/8/2021 at 12:06 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Wow, glad he's OK.  I was wondering why no more tweets after DBs running out of tunnel and no article about the practice.

First, I’m really glad to hear Sal is ok.  I love that guy on WGR.  I look forward to his segments in the mornings.  Second, how hot was it as I live in the third ring if hell in the summer in FL, where the heat index is well over 100 degrees everyday.  You don’t normally see heat exhaustion when it’s only in the 80’s.  He must have not hydrated the whole day for that to happen.  You’d think it looks silly, but I commonly see women using an umbrella at the park when it is blazing hot.

Im sure Sal will put out a training camp rundown this morning. My guess is Howard and Jeremy will bring it up this morning.

Edited by machine gun kelly

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

He needs to get past the “know what I’m saying?” so frequently to be a talking head

On 8/7/2021 at 4:14 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just a couple little comments on the stuff you quoted:

and something you didn't quote in the original article (thank you btw for not quoting the whole thing!  much appreciated!):

He mentions "There is still a significant gap between he [Brown] and Dawkins, though." Well, when a team has a true Franchise LT, there is gonna be a big drop-off between the starter and a raw rookie.  The rookie is doing enough that Allen had time to complete 14 of 18 passes and IMO that Addison sack was some kind of miscommunication or mix-up in protection calls because Brown took the LB while Moss vacated the backfield and took no one.  Don't think that was how it was supposed to work.

Anyway, the point is, Jordan Devey isn't the backup tackle - if that role doesn't belong to Brown, Doyle, or Hart, it may belong to Bates or Ford - so Devey is 3rd or 4th string at tackle.  And in fact, while Devey has surely taken practice reps at tackle and is big enough to play tackle (6'6", 320), the only playing experience he has is at guard and at center.  Bates and Ford both have more game-reps at tackle than he does.  Truth.

I expect there's probably a reason for that.

OK so anyway, from the stuff you quoted:

If Bam Johnson had a great practice by beating 3rd or 4th string OT Jordan Devey and then another career journeyman who signed with the Bills 3 days ago, well, I'm glad he had a great practice, but pump the brakes a bit I think.

"There is still a significant gap between he [Brown] and Dawkins, though." Well, when a team has a true Franchise LT, there is gonna be a big drop-off between the starter and a raw rookie.

Agree 100%.  Did he think a rookie picked late in RD3 after a few weeks of camp is going to match up to a vet like Dawkins?

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

"There is still a significant gap between he [Brown] and Dawkins, though." Well, when a team has a true Franchise LT, there is gonna be a big drop-off between the starter and a raw rookie.

Agree 100%.  Did he think a rookie picked late in RD3 after a few weeks of camp is going to match up to a vet like Dawkins?

Yes and also - did he think we would sign a FA DT who could fill in for Dawkins with little drop-off?  When you've got a starting-quality OT, there's very likely going to be a drop off in quality to the backup.  An exception would be someone like Orlando Brown Jr, who was starting at RT but was able to fill in capably at LT - but then didn't want to go back to play RT again.  You just don't keep starting-caliber LT hanging on your bench, not for long.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

There is a lot of truth in that, maybe Breida can be the answer,  I for one am an Antonio Williams supporter..

I like Williams too. I’d love to be able to get a draft pick for one of these guys and keep Williams.  Doubtful, but we have a warlock on our side.  Anything is possible 

• Like (+1) 2

21 hours ago, stevewin said:

Speaking  of credibility, I find it hard to believe that a guy who has been returning punts since high school didn’t know how to catch a kickoff in the sun.

I’m thinking that maybe, just maybe, you misinterpreted that interaction. 

Just calling it as I see it.