Training Camp Practice Saturday, 8/7 from 10am – 12pm Gates open at 9am TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s “tax free” day In Ohio for school supplies and clothes so everywhere was mobbed. Also why do kids need like 200 glue sticks? Will  they be  glueing all the #2 pencils together? . I need to catch up on practice.

If you didn’t buy Ticongerogas and Elmers, return them! 

5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Some high end company should be looking for Allen to be spokesman - not because he needs the money but if he is spokesman it would be great commercial for Allen to be giving out Christmas gifts from that company to players in commercial.

I think it’s time  For a state farm commercial

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Didn't see this, apologies if I missed it.  The line "haven't seen Chad Hall that happy since the WR bought him a new truck" can not be missed.

That was one thing Davis really needed to work on, was drawing PI

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He mentions "There is still a significant gap between he [Brown] and Dawkins, though." Well, when a team has a true Franchise LT, there is gonna be a big drop-off between the starter and a raw rookie.  The rookie is doing enough that Allen had time to complete 14 of 18 passes and IMO that Addison sack was some kind of miscommunication or mix-up in protection calls because Brown took the LB while Moss vacated the backfield and took no one.  Don't think that was how it was supposed to work.

Anyway, the point is, Jordan Devey isn't the backup tackle - if that role doesn't belong to Brown, Doyle, or Hart, it may belong to Bates or Ford - so Devey is 3rd or 4th string at tackle.  And in fact, while Devey has surely taken practice reps at tackle and is big enough to play tackle (6'6", 320), the only playing experience he has is at guard and at center.  Bates and Ford both have more game-reps at tackle than he does.  Truth.

I expect there's probably a reason for that.

Was thinking same thing.  An unheralded rookie is playing OT so of course it will be a huge drop off.  Reminds me when I played chess against my high school math teacher who was a grandmaster - the purposes is not to beat him (although I did it once surprising him) but to get better with practice.

Bills let go their backup swing OT Ty so they need to be confident that one of the other players can play OT in a pinch.  Assuming they are active and not playing other positions I expect it is Bates as LT and Ford as RT going into game 1 unless someone really shines.  Lots of talk about depth of OL but I have not been impressed - the breadth is good but the depth is not.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Some high end company should be looking for Allen to be spokesman - not because he needs the money but if he is spokesman it would be great commercial for Allen to be giving out Christmas gifts from that company to players in commercial.

Like West Herr maybe?

7 hours ago, purple haze said:

Rich Stadium*

Rabbit Season, Duck Season, fire.  You guys are too funny.

These videos are awesome.  You really know how to rub it in to us out of towers missing home.  I hope everyone who made it had a great time.  It looks fantastic.  I know of I was in Buffalo, I would’ve found a way to get tickets.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Didn't see this, apologies if I missed it.  The line "haven't seen Chad Hall that happy since the WR bought him a new truck" can not be missed.

Singletary might be a trade candidate in a week or two.

AW is under team control for a little less $ but the same amount of time..........which might not be a total coincidence..........perhaps they envisioned this and didn't want to be in a spot where team control was a deciding factor in the RB decisions.

Wouldn't get much but maybe another team has a blocked or similarly scheme misfit talent that would match up to Beane's liking.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Singletary might be a trade candidate in a week or two.

AW is under team control for a little less $ but the same amount of time..........which might not be a total coincidence..........perhaps they envisioned this and didn't want to be in a spot where team control was a deciding factor in the RB decisions.

Wouldn't get much but maybe another team has a blocked or similarly scheme misfit talent that would match up to Beane's liking.

Because Antonio Williams played good against the 3rd team?? The 3rd team...

Just now, LeGOATski said:

Because Antonio Williams played good against the 3rd team?? The 3rd team...

Antonio Williams is a natural scheme fit in outside zone.

As is Moss.

And Breida.

Singletary is not.

I don't like it...........even though everyone knew it was a bad draft for RB's I felt Singletary was the RB1...........and he was excellent in a rush offense catered to his skills............but if switching to OZ continues to streamline the passing game I can live with it if they have players that fit the scheme.    And Moss/Breida/Williams are fits.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Labatt blue seltzer I think 

Bills-themed hard seltzer ‘QB1’ to debut in August

https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news/bills-themed-hard-seltzer-qb1-to-debut-in-august/

While the drink is not directly tied to the football team, the red, white and blue can emblazoned with the image of a quarterback is a clear nod to the Bills and Josh Allen, who grabbed the reins as the team’s franchise quarterback last season while leading the team to the AFC Championship Game.

Basically using Bills and Josh but not paying.

21 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Antonio Williams is a natural scheme fit in outside zone.

As is Moss.

And Breida.

Singletary is not.

I don't like it...........even though everyone knew it was a bad draft for RB's I felt Singletary was the RB1...........and he was excellent in a rush offense catered to his skills............but if switching to OZ continues to streamline the passing game I can live with it if they have players that fit the scheme.    And Moss/Breida/Williams are fits.

Couple points: the only RB proven to thrive in outsize zone runs is Brieda with the Niners. None of the other guys have from what I’ve seen the speed to get to the edge. Also, the idea that ‘outside zone’ is an offensive philosophy, as opposed to a type of play and oline technique within a zone specific blocking scheme, is misplaced. 

Further, not sure what outside zone runs (or inside zone runs for that matter) have to do with ‘streamlining’ the pass game, other than traditionally zone schemes utilize more athletic linemen who often are better pass blockers?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3