Afghanistan

14 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The image of people hanging on to departing aircraft and falling to their deaths isn't good optics for one.  And if I was stuck there I'd be worried as those savages have no incentive to play nice here as Biden's lack of foresight has left the US in a very weak position. 

C'mon man, that was like 4 or 5 days ago - Joe Biden

15 minutes ago, Governor said:

Dunno. You should ask the generals, but so far, nothing bad happened and the Taliban seems cool with letting us get everyone out, which makes it an extremely successful withdrawal from a 20 year war.

You’re an ass

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Governor said:

But it isn’t over yet. You wanted to end this chapter at the beginning of the withdrawal.

Are we having trouble READING again Governor? I said that the criticism is coming from the direct comments made by the people supposedly in charge! Yes, it might all turn out OK, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a mess! It just means it’s not a disaster. Sheeesh

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Are we having trouble READING again Governor? I said that the criticism is coming from the direct comments made by the people supposedly in charge! Yes, it might all turn out OK, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a mess! It just means it’s not a disaster. Sheeesh

I’m just a little surprised that we’re supposed to be concerned with optics after we just had a president tell us Covid was a hoax and we should inject bleach and aquarium cleaner into our foreheads. That’s all.

2 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

Add trump, Obama, Bush, countless Sec of State, Pentagon Chiefs, Generals, and the only ones who get out unscathed is the military contractors.

The women and children of Afghanistan will pay the price.  But Nancy P will investigate 😅😅😅😅, T Carleson will get ratings, but the ideology has one. 

Failure means that a repeat of 9 11 can potentially occur. 

Oh yeah, that is why we were there.   hmmmmm

And let’s not forget James Madison,  Chester Allen Arthur, F Scott Fitzgerald and the cast of Golden Girls living and dead (RIP).  We also can’t forget Math Damon, Bart Starr, Milli and Vanilli, and  the good sisters of Mt St Mary High School 1974-1986.    

Oh, and ain’t no way your people are getting off scottso-freeze—-Justin Bieber, Allen Thicke, Pierre Trudeau and any Mountie who ever wore those funny puffy pants. 

Complicit, all. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Governor said:

I’m just a little surprised that we’re supposed to be concerned with optics after we just had a president tell us Covid was a hoax and we should inject bleach and aquarium cleaner into our foreheads. That’s all.

So there is no longer a need to be concerned with optics not that Trump is gone?    :wallbash:

2 minutes ago, Governor said:

What? Optics? Have you EVER been in charge of anything? This is not about optics! This is about the people in charge proclaiming things day after day that turn out to be totally false the very next day. That’s not optics. It’s incompetence. There’s a difference. 

10 minutes ago, Governor said:

Laughable.  Biden's whole campaign hinged on having better "optics" than Trump.  If Trump lowered the bar so much, why doesn't Biden lift it up?  "Bad optics" is now always acceptable because of Trump?  What a joke.

UK and French troops are extracting their own citizens from outside the airport.  

USA leadership says we currently do not have the capability to do so.  

Reporters need to be pressing tf out of leadership on this.  

21 minutes ago, SCBills said:

UK and French troops are extracting their own citizens from outside the airport.  

So not the French are making us look bad?  I fear @oldmanfan may be right.  

3 hours ago, Bidens_basement said:

Did they plan this horrific withdrawal from Afghanistan? No, this is squarely on biden. No one is against the withdrawal, it’s the lack of a plan that infuriated everyone.

Same frigging generals and contractors that ran this war,

20 yrs and no infiltration of taliban to know what they were planning. Seriously, do you want the Pres to sit at the desk and write out a plan. He carries the can but the military is useless. The CIA spends billions. No info. 

Someone got pushed under a bus.

Every general, Pentagon people and state debt should be fired.

They font even know how many Americans are there. Bet the contractors do.

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

And let’s not forget James Madison,  Chester Allen Arthur, F Scott Fitzgerald and the cast of Golden Girls living and dead (RIP).  We also can’t forget Math Damon, Bart Starr, Milli and Vanilli, and  the good sisters of Mt St Mary High School 1974-1986.    

Oh, and ain’t no way your people are getting off scottso-freeze—-Justin Bieber, Allen Thicke, Pierre Trudeau and any Mountie who ever wore those funny puffy pants. 

Complicit, all. 

Amen, throw in the coach of the Maple Leafs, Neuman and his boss the Post Master general.

1 minute ago, Niagara Bill said:

Same frigging generals and contractors that ran this war,

20 yrs and no infiltration of taliban to know what they were planning. Seriously, do you want the Pres to sit at the desk and write out a plan. He carries the can but the military is useless. The CIA spends billions. No info. 

Someone got pushed under a bus.

Every general, Pentagon people and state debt should be fired.

They font even know how many Americans are there. Bet the contractors do.

Not write the plan but be a very big part of it wouldn't you agree?  He does hold the title of Commander-in-Chief of our armed forces no? 

36 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I would imagine we ARE but it's not the kind of thing you'd broadcast...I'm an expert at this, I've watched Homeland Seasons 1-10 AND sat through Argo

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Not write the plan but be a very big part of it wouldn't you agree?  He does hold the title of Commander-in-Chief of our armed forces no? 

Yes he is and is responsible, but would you not trust a general and state dept who have been there 20 frigging years. Fire them all, embarrass them all publicly. 

Follow the money. It looks like the trillions were stolen and not used.

Must be Mad Dog and trumps boys....😁😁😁😁😁😁

15 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Yes he is and is responsible, but would you not trust a general and state dept who have been there 20 frigging years. Fire them all, embarrass them all publicly. 

Follow the money. It looks like the trillions were stolen and not used.

Must be Mad Dog and trumps boys....😁😁😁😁😁😁

What in the ever loving God does this have to do with Trump??   You were doing so good up until that point

Canada = America's Hat