Afghanistan

3 hours ago, Unforgiven said:

It's like tibs, cheering the census and cheering at white people dying at the same time, it's utterly bizarre

But he seems friendly

Yep just saw this.

Absolutely stunning.

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

This is a banana republic.

I hope we eventually get to the bottom of January 6th!

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, sherpa said:

In my view, humbly asserted, it is a huge mistake to try to place any political blame on a US president for Afghanistan.

The place is not a "country" in any sense that Americans would understand.

It is impossible to "govern" a group of tribes that have no national identity and rely on the next person who either, (a) is not going to kill them and their family, or (b) is going to provide them their next meal or dollar.

Islam informs many governments, most notably Iran and to a lesser extent Pakistan.

Those countries are problems.

Afghanistan has no gov; has no national sense and is run by momentum in ten square mile areas.

Obvious in 1979 and more obvious now.

Unfortunately that group of tribes is about to slaughter a lot of people and have no problem being unified.   

We've had 20 years to come up with a plan.  Biden has been at the center of it as a Senator and 8 years as a VP.

And this is the disaster we end up with today. 

Total disgrace.

As to the mission and anyone that fought there - IT WAS NOT FOR NOTHING. 

1. If you attack us, you're going to die.  Period.  We are going to take you out.  If you're good with 20 years going by for you to take charge again, then good luck. 

2. If we don't go into and STAY in Afghanistan we never get OBL.  Period.  There is no way it happens.  Instead we find him, and kill him.  

Because we're the greatest f...ing nation in history and if that makes you uncomfortable then get the hell out of here.  

• Agree 3

7 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Unfortunately that group of tribes is about to slaughter a lot of people and have no problem being unified.   

We've had 20 years to come up with a plan.  Biden has been at the center of it as a Senator and 8 years as a VP.

And this is the disaster we end up with today. 

Total disgrace.

As to the mission and anyone that fought there - IT WAS NOT FOR NOTHING. 

1. If you attack us, you're going to die.  Period.  We are going to take you out.  If you're good with 20 years going by for you to take charge again, then good luck. 

2. If we don't go into and STAY in Afghanistan we never get OBL.  Period.  There is no way it happens.  Instead we find him, and kill him.  

Because we're the greatest f...ing nation in history and if that makes you uncomfortable then get the hell out of here.  

Your a idiot.

20 years to come up with a plan?....How about having a plan to start with?

Afganistan attacked us? ...Last time I checked it was Saudi Nationals 

The intel to get OBL did not come from Afghans

15 minutes ago, Governor said:

Don’t forget Obama’s deliberate diversion to focus on the “actual” terrorists to get out of Iraq.

What a mess!

02712642-25A4-4A55-BF86-8C9576FD2ECE.jpeg

How many major terrorists attacks have we had on our soil in those 20 years?  

2 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Your a idiot.

I hope this was on purpose.  

"I stand squarely behind my decision. After 20 years, I've learned the hard way that there was never a good time to withdraw US forces," Biden said during a speech from the East Room of the White House Monday afternoon. "That's why we're still there. We were clear-eyed about the risks. We planned for every contingency. But I always promised the American people I would be straight with you. The truth is, this did unfold more quickly than we had anticipated."

So you knew the country was going to be taken over by the Taliban.  How quickly did you expect it to happen?  

7 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Your a idiot.

20 years to come up with a plan?....How about having a plan to start with?

Afganistan attacked us? ...Last time I checked it was Saudi Nationals 

The intel to get OBL did not come from Afghans

The plan was a holy war. White Christian conservatives under attack. Now they’re pretending that they care about Afghan women’s rights to score very short term political points.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Quoting people blaming Trump for Joey's botched exit is positing a position.  There was no die cast and Joey could have nixed the exit plan just like Trump nixed the Iran nuclear deal, or at least waited until they were able to extricate everyone they wanted.

Just throwing out articles of opinions many on this board probably don’t read.

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

REMINDER:

Don't bother with your strawmen.................

My point since day one.  Why I put it on my calendar the day he announced the 9/11 date.   Well to be honest I put it there because I was expecting it NOT to happen.  He went from one extreme to the other. 

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

So you knew the country was going to be taken over by the Taliban.  How quickly did you expect it to happen?  

It was pretty widely covered that it would only take a month or two. They moved right in because Trump was so deliberate with his actions.

I’m not saying it was wrong to do that, but none is this is surprising to anyone.

Trump should’ve done this in his first year in office and then ran on the fact that he pulled out.

He was scared to do it because the guy gets terrified by polls. 

12 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

How many major terrorists attacks have we had on our soil in those 20 years?  

well there was THE DEADLY INSURRECTION on Jan 6, and then I heard someone the other day complaining about masks….. so… 🙄 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

1 minute ago, Governor said:

It was pretty widely covered that it would only take a month or two. They moved right in because Trump was so deliberate with his actions.

I’m not saying it was wrong to do that, but none is this is surprising to anyone.

Trump should’ve done this in his first year in office and then ran on the fact that he pulled out.

He was scared to do it because the guy gets terrified by polls. 

And when Afghanistan sank into a hell hole of Taliban rule with daily atrocities you would have applauded Trump's move to withdraw?  

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

well there was THE DEADLY INSURRECTION on Jan 6, and then I heard someone the other day complaining about masks….. so… 🙄 

I think you’re laying back and taking political shots but you agree it had to happen. It was never going to be pretty.

I actually think it’s pretty ballsy move by Biden and when presidents do that, they’re often rewarded later.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

And when Afghanistan sank into a hell hole of Taliban rule with daily atrocities you would have applauded Trump's move to withdraw?  

I actually did. I think it would’ve helped him in his re-election. Lots of my alt/right friends and people in the middle said the same thing. He ran on that. He didn’t deliver.

The dude was so scared about his poll numbers. Most people don’t realize how obsessed he was with polling.

• Eyeroll 1

WAPO: WHY DIDN’T BIDEN PLAN TO GET FEMALE ACTIVISTS OUT OF AFGHANISTAN? “

"In some sense, the Washington Post’s angle here is almost a self parody of the old joke about media bias: End of the world comes; women, minorities hardest hit. In this case, though, this angle is justified, especially given the politics of this administration. Joe Biden pledged to choose a woman of color as his running mate about this time last year in order to emphasize his support for women’s rights and access to power for the formerly oppressed. Apparently that only applies in the US, where the costs for such stunts are practically non-existent. In places where it matters, Joe Biden apparently couldn’t care less.”

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2021/08/16/wapo-why-didnt-biden-plan-to-get-female-activists-out-of-afghanistan-n409129

American Defeat in Afghanistan Exposes the ‘Smart Power’ Mirage.

“Every four years, the message is the same: Trust us, we’re the ones who know what we’re doing. And yet, the oddest thing happens — the Democratic foreign-policy establishment gets in power, and a short while later, so many things go wrong.”

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/american-defeat-in-afghanistan-exposes-the-smart-power-mirage/

Obama-Biden-Clinton.jpg?w=789

4 minutes ago, Governor said:

I think you’re laying back and taking political shots but you agree it had to happen. It was never going to be pretty.

I actually think it’s pretty ballsy move by Biden and when presidents do that, they’re often rewarded later.

leaving was fine, doing it so poorly and chaotically is a big problem. This has been an epic disaster. Now a place that hasn’t seen combat in over a year is right back into chaos and we are sending in a new reactive troop surge. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood