Jump to content

It's Time to Mandate Vaccines


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

 

I had to show my vaccination card to get in the Rangers at Mariners game and sit in the mask free zone in May.

@Beach Springsteen on Broadway in July.  I showed an usher my card, he took a cursory glance at it and together, we saved a small piece of the world.

 

I was also contact-traced coming back from Florida in February.  I complied with mandatory testing 3 days before departure, was negative, submitted to the request for access to my phone, quarantined at home the requisite 4 days, tested by people in hazmat gear, received the all clear and got back to work.    Interestingly, or perhaps ironically a fellow traveler on the same plane from Connecticut or NJ was free to roam about NY without test/tracing/quarantine/test/absolution from Gov Emeritus Cuomo.  That was cool, and didn’t feel arbitrary. 
 

I guess the COVIDS was fussy about who it infects, scientifically speaking of course.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

God Bless Them.

 

 

Hospital to stop delivering babies as maternity workers resign over vaccine mandate

WWNY-TV [Carthage, NY], by Brendan Straub & Diane Rutherford

 

Lowville, New York—Lewis County General Hospital will stop delivering babies after September 24 because too many maternity unit workers have resigned over COVID vaccination mandates. That’s according to Lewis County Health System Chief Executive Officer Gerald Cayer, who held a news conference Friday in Lowville. 

 

https://www.wwnytv.com/2021/09/10/hospital-stop-delivering-babies-maternity-workers-resign-over-vaccine-mandate/

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I understand that Covid is real and dangerous but I need someone to explain this to me. We literally dropped the Flu cases by 99.999% last year but Covid is still raging after more than half the country has a vaccine. My contention is that many of our Covid cases have really been the Flu and both numbers are off by 20+ million.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Well you should be furious about opening the southern border for the last nine months then….right? 
 

PS: GO BILLS have a great time at the game 👍


If it was open, sure. The border continues to be a disaster but that predates March 2020. Stay on target. 
 

It was great fun to be with Bills fans despite the lackluster game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I understand that Covid is real and dangerous but I need someone to explain this to me. We literally dropped the Flu cases by 99.999% last year but Covid is still raging after more than half the country has a vaccine. My contention is that many of our Covid cases have really been the Flu and both numbers are off by 20+ million.

That’s a negative. Not hard to find that data. 
 

Covid cases and deaths have been heavily undercounted the entire time.

 

When we get a solid look at the excessive death totals over the last year we’ll know exactly how many. It’s going to be a very large number.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Sundancer said:


If it was open, sure. The border continues to be a disaster but that predates March 2020. Stay on target. 
 

It was great fun to be with Bills fans despite the lackluster game. 

And there it is! One minute you’re screaming at Americans not to inundate the hospital system…and the next minute blowing off the Covid threat from the border. With all due respect…you’re being a tad hypocritical. Please put down the partisan talking points for ONE LOUSY SECOND and you might just convince people to get vaccinated.

 

PS: Go Bills 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

And there it is! One minute you’re screaming at Americans not to inundate the hospital system…and the next minute blowing off the Covid threat from the border. With all due respect…you’re being a tad hypocritical. Please put down the partisan talking points for ONE LOUSY SECOND and you might just convince people to get vaccinated.

 

PS: Go Bills 


You’re blaming the border for US Covid. I’d say you’re in some partisan whirlpool. 
 

To relieve problems in hospitals related to Covid, there’s an easy fix. Get vaccinated. 

 

Fixing our border problems, if such a thing was somehow possible, isn’t fixing Covid hospitalizations. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I understand that Covid is real and dangerous but I need someone to explain this to me. We literally dropped the Flu cases by 99.999% last year but Covid is still raging after more than half the country has a vaccine. My contention is that many of our Covid cases have really been the Flu and both numbers are off by 20+ million.


- US excess deaths say that’s not likely. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7015a4.htm
we had 600,000+ more people die in the US compared to the expected value in a normal year. 
- The R naught for COVID is around 2+ times the R naught for flu, so it spreads easier than the flu

- Id contend one of the biggest reasons for the decrease in flu is school closings as studies show kids are one of the biggest spreaders of the flu, in contrast to COVID where kids weren’t major spreaders

- Businesses with high touch areas being shut down as well helped that

- US had an all time high in flu vaccinations in 2020 with like 20 million more than any of the past 4 or 5 years.


Basically the flu is less transmissible and major spreading areas were all but eliminated.

 

Theres probably an undercounting in flu cases as well with people just not going to the doctor. How many people got a COVID test with flu like symptoms, tested negative, then didn’t go to a doctor to confirm the flu? I know a lot of people who didn’t want to risk going to doctors during 2020 too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sundancer said:


You’re blaming the border for US Covid. I’d say you’re in some partisan whirlpool. 
 

To relieve problems in hospitals related to Covid, there’s an easy fix. Get vaccinated. 

 

Fixing our border problems, if such a thing was somehow possible, isn’t fixing Covid hospitalizations. 

No, I’m in no way blaming Covid on the border. Not even close.  I’m saying the administration is yelling at Americans while looking the other way as foreigners pour unchecked into the country. If the President is going to talk about one group he definitely should do something about the other. It’s ALL politics. And…I’ve been vaccinated since May.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:


- US excess deaths say that’s not likely. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7015a4.htm
we had 600,000+ more people die in the US compared to the expected value in a normal year. 
- The R naught for COVID is around 2+ times the R naught for flu, so it spreads easier than the flu

- Id contend one of the biggest reasons for the decrease in flu is school closings as studies show kids are one of the biggest spreaders of the flu, in contrast to COVID where kids weren’t major spreaders

- Businesses with high touch areas being shut down as well helped that

- US had an all time high in flu vaccinations in 2020 with like 20 million more than any of the past 4 or 5 years.


Basically the flu is less transmissible and major spreading areas were all but eliminated.

 

Theres probably an undercounting in flu cases as well with people just not going to the doctor. How many people got a COVID test with flu like symptoms, tested negative, then didn’t go to a doctor to confirm the flu? I know a lot of people who didn’t want to risk going to doctors during 2020 too.

As almost all of those "excess" deaths occurred in people with lots of pre-existing conditions that negatively impact life expectancy or among the old with immune systems compromised from the aging process we should expect to see several years of below average death counts as the pandemic passes and fatality rates regresses to mean.  The pandemic isn't killing off millions of young and otherwise healthy people.  Reality is old and sick people tend to die more often. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

No, I’m in no way blaming Covid on the border. Not even close.  I’m saying the administration is yelling at Americans while looking the other way as foreigners pour unchecked into the country. If the President is going to talk about one group he definitely should do something about the other. It’s ALL politics. And…I’ve been vaccinated since May.

 

Vaccines are one issue. 

 

Border is another issue. 

 

The overlap between them is minimal. You inserted the border into this thread, not me. 

 

Get vaccinated, save lives, get healthcare back to relatively normal operations. It's not that complicated. 

 

 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

 

Vaccines are one issue. 

 

Border is another issue. 

 

The overlap between them is minimal. You inserted the border into this thread, not me. 

 

Get vaccinated, save lives, get healthcare back to relatively normal operations. It's not that complicated. 

 

 

Their media always shifts back to the border when nothing else is working for them. He’s just a Hannity wind up doll. They can’t help it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

As almost all of those "excess" deaths occurred in people with lots of pre-existing conditions that negatively impact life expectancy or among the old with immune systems compromised from the aging process we should expect to see several years of below average death counts as the pandemic passes and fatality rates regresses to mean.  The pandemic isn't killing off millions of young and otherwise healthy people.  Reality is old and sick people tend to die more often. 

 

 


They’re dying quicker than they would of COVID didn’t exist.

 

With older people dying more due to COVID in 2020 and 2021, we should see a decrease in expected deaths or an amount under the expected deaths in years to come.

 

Theres just no denying there is a virus and it’s killing people that would be alive if not for the virus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

 

Vaccines are one issue. 

 

Border is another issue. 

 

The overlap between them is minimal. You inserted the border into this thread, not me. 

 

Get vaccinated, save lives, get healthcare back to relatively normal operations. It's not that complicated. 

 

 

That’s just plain nuts.  
 

The border issue is a symptom of a massive problem in this country.  Millions of folks here, living in the shadows during the era of Covid.  These folks will obviously be among the vax-hesitant crowd.
 

Thousands of more entering across a porous border, unvaccinated and no requirement to be vaccinated once here. 
 

In theory, you count on the leadership of your country to anticipate issues that will arise from the policies set in place.  To that end, the issue at the southern border represents a failure of leadership across the decades on something that was entirely predictable.  
 

It’s no surprise that we have this crisis ongoing at a time when a 50 year politician is in office, a guy who has been complicit in the clusterf$ck down south all along the way.

 

But, those who voted for Joe voted for status quo and got status quo.  Predictable as the

rain. 
 

His handling of the border also adds fuel to the hesitant fire, as people wonder “Jeesh, you’re soft-squeezing my nuts to get vaccinated and don’t seem to give a ;:&& about your future citing bloc.” 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

That’s just plain nuts.  
 

The border issue is a symptom of a massive problem in this country.  Millions of folks here, living in the shadows during the era of Covid.  These folks will obviously be among the vax-hesitant crowd.
 

Thousands of more entering across a porous border, unvaccinated and no requirement to be vaccinated once here. 
 

In theory, you count on the leadership of your country to anticipate issues that will arise from the policies set in place.  To that end, the issue at the southern border represents a failure of leadership across the decades on something that was entirely predictable.  
 

It’s no surprise that we have this crisis ongoing at a time when a 50 year politician is in office, a guy who has been complicit in the clusterf$ck down south all along the way.

 

But, those who voted for Joe voted for status quo and got status quo.  Predictable as the

rain. 
 

His handling of the border also adds fuel to the hesitant fire, as people wonder “Jeesh, you’re soft-squeezing my nuts to get vaccinated and don’t seem to give a ;:&& about your future citing bloc.” 

 

You're way out here talking about illegal immigration. 

 

This is a Covid thread about getting vaccinated. I understand that many people on this board can't adopt opinions that are out-of-line with their party uniform but it's possible to be pro-vaccine and pro-tight border. But as a reminder, here we were talking about Covid vaccines. 

 

I'm sure I can make some link to Obamacare, Trump's active repeal of same, medicare benefits, the war on drugs, school science curriculums, etc to Covid as well but it would be a carnival sideshow. 

 

Vaccines work. People need to get vaccinated. Punto final. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...