It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

16 minutes ago, B-Man said:

In plain sight alright.

No one, NO ONE !!! can disagree with the vaccination viewpoint of the governor.

those MILLIONS of people are scum to him. 

These nurses, and the thousands of others that you so casually judge, know more about this than you ever will.

Unvaccinated ? do you think that covid is the ONLY disease out there ?

Medical workers are exposed to EVERY type of virus and disease and they continue to work on patients using "common sense" preventions.

Just stick to bloviating about things you know...........................oh that's right.

More B.S.

Didn't the number 43 give it away ?

Sure Focker.

11 minutes ago, Governor said:

Stop it George Carlin. I love him too but that mindset doesn’t work with an airborne virus in a country that has 400 million people.

The best way to build resistance to pathogens is to expose yourself to them. In fact, thats what vaccines do, artificially.  

They try to build an immune response by exposing cells to the pathogen. 

These nurses who have been naturally exposed to the virus every day have a far greater resistance to the virus than anything moderna can shoot into your arm. 

But i do get it, most people like being told what to do because thinking is hard.  

Just now, TSOL said:

The best way to build resistance to pathogens is to expose yourself to them. In fact, thats what vaccines do, artificially.  

These nurses who have been naturally exposed to the virus every day have a far greater resistance to the virus than anything moderna can shoot into your arm. 

But i do get it, most people like being told what to do because thinking is hard.  

It’s actually the cult that likes being told what to do. That’s why they elected a king.

They’re complaining right now, but really they just wanted someone to tell them how to navigate through this.

Biden’s team knows this aspect to it, and that’s why he did it. He’s had to play a fatherly role to most Americans and it’s working. 

Since day one, I tested specimens for covid, I did it before there was a vaccine, what if I refused to do that task before there was a vaccine? Would I still been employed?

Probably not. 

So before the vaccine it was okay to work around so long as you had proper PPE but now it’s all of a sudden not? Flu shots are encouraged but not mandated at my group, you just have to wear proper PPE.

This vaccine isn’t like the usually Hep B or Tetanus, a few years ago myself and others would have laughed at the very thought of having an vaccine that didn’t meet FDA approval. 

47 minutes ago, LeviF said:

There are two salient differences between previous mandates and this one.  The first being who imposes them, and the second being the impact the diseases have on those who have little choice in how much they are exposed - children.  I won't concede that vaccine mandates are ever good but I will point out that this is different on those two fronts.

The other line here is that you seem to be employing a bit of a reverse slippery slope argument - "you had no issue with smallpox vax mandates, diphtheria, pertussis, etc. so why object to a COVID vaccine mandate?"

Don't make assumptions. I am against this mandate. I am not against what it is trying to do, i.e., jab the idiots, but I'm against the way it's attempting to be enacted. 

47 minutes ago, LeviF said:

And as far as following the advice of doctors - individuals in my demographic rarely sees a medical professional unless they're acutely ill, in my experience.  So the only "doctors" they have to receive advice from are the "public health" professionals trotted out on TV and in pop news whose views on what is and is not a "public health" crisis tend to change with the political winds.  Trust is earned in a lifetime, lost in a day, and I get the feeling that the very public hypocrisy on display over the past year and a half has lost a lot of trust.

First, that's playing coy. You know what your doctor is going to recommend. They will recommend that you get the vaccine unless you've got a rare justified reason for not doing so. You don't have to take Dr. Fauci and his evil conspiracy of Wuhan killers at their word...your PCP will tell you to take the vaccine. 

I'm 100% totally fine if everyone follows the advice of their PCPs and the handful of kooky PCPs can proscribe Ivermectin while the other 99.9999% of patients get vaccinated. 

There's this funny thing happening where people believe they know better than doctors what they should do. We've gone full circle on believing in science and instead go off Twitter MDs and Joe Rogan (I am a fan BTW) guests for serious health care advice. Every time I ask a vax skeptic or anti-vaxxer what their doc says, they say, "Whose doctor would take their call" or "I know better what to put into my body than my doctor." Both are lame excuses to avoid what we all know is true: your doctor wants you to get the vaccine. 

Edited by Sundancer

19 minutes ago, TSOL said:

It's what some vaccines do. 

This is not what the mRNA vaccines do. If you're going to opine on the science pretending you know what you're talking about, know what you're talking about. Here you do not. 

Unproven but natural immunity is definitely effective.  

Don't attempt to do science in this thread. 

2 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Don't make assumptions. 

I didn't.  You asked, I answered.

2 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

First, that's playing coy. You know what your doctor is going to recommend. They will recommend that you get the vaccine unless you've got a rare justified reason for not doing so. You don't have to take Dr. Fauci and his evil conspiracy of Wuhan killers at their word...your PCP will tell you to take the vaccine. 

I went 12 years without a PCP.  In my circle that's not uncommon. Had I not had a doctor in the family I would never have found out what a PCP would say about a first-of-its-kind EUA vaccine.

3 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

There's this funny thing happening where people believe they know better than doctors what they should do. We've gone full circle on believing in science and instead go off Twitter MDs and Joe Rogan (I am a fan BTW) guests for serious health care advice. 

I hope Joe sues CNN.  Probably won't be successful but it would make for an entertaining series of episodes.

12 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Don't make assumptions. I am against this mandate. I am not against what it is trying to do, i.e., jab the idiots, but I'm against the way it's attempting to be enacted. 

I'm 100% totally fine if everyone follows the advice of their PCPs and the handful of kooky PCPs can proscribe Ivermectin while the other 99.9999% of patients get vaccinated. 

There's this funny thing happening where people believe they know better than doctors what they should do. We've gone full circle on believing in science and instead go off Twitter MDs and Joe Rogan (I am a fan BTW) guests for serious health care advice. Every time I ask a vax skeptic or anti-vaxxer what their doc says, they say, "Whose doctor would take their call" or "I know better what to put into my body than my doctor." Both are lame excuses to avoid what we all know is true: your doctor wants you to get the vaccine. 

The problem is that it wasn’t mandated sooner, and that allowed doctors to make judgement calls on patients, basically saying “well, if you don’t have to take it maybe you should wait.”

Every one of those doctors will now say it’s perfectly safe for those people, unless you’re receiving chemo at this very moment.

21 minutes ago, Governor said:

It’s actually the cult that likes being told what to do. That’s why they elected a king.

They’re complaining right now, but really they just wanted someone to tell them how to navigate through this.

Biden’s team knows this aspect to it, and that’s why he did it. He’s had to play a fatherly role to most Americans and it’s working. 

Get fancy all you want 

Natural is better than artificial. 

1 hour ago, Governor said:

I wouldn’t let an unvaccinated person feed my cats when I’m gone. Cats can get Covid.

Being unvaccinated tells me almost everything about a person. It’s not like these people are hiding in plain site. They unleash their petty political views anytime they get the chance, which I also think is a fireable offense for a public servant.

Your average cable installer can’t leave your house without you knowing how he feels about the border and CRT.

Thats was unacceptable behavior back in the 70’s and 80’s. People didn’t do that. I would never drop hints like that while I’m working. 

😂…pot meet kettle 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Governor said:

Anyone serving the public in any fashion, cops, teachers, etc. need to be vaccinated or they need to hit the road. The public is done with this.

Including both houses of Congress?  Oddly enough - excluded from Dopey Biden's mandate.  

1 minute ago, Irv said:

Including both houses of Congress?  Oddly enough - excluded from Dopey Biden's mandate.  

From what I read, they can’t mandate the remaining Republicans refusing the shot. They all got it and are lying anyway. They were all the first to get it.

9 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

You can't possibly be serious.  Oncology patients, post-surgery patients, patients that require care but not intensive care.  Come on now.

In the Covid thread, where I specifically mention Covid, you actually are confused about what I mean. I am not going to respond further because you are either intentionally being belligerent or too dumb to discuss.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Governor said:

The Ivermectin OD patients.

They should be sending the unvaccinated home. They shouldn’t be receiving any care whatsoever. At this point, if you’re that stupid, it should probably cost you your life.

There’s plenty of other “cures” out there. Alex Jones knows what they are.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/13/health/rationing-care-hospital-beds-staff-explainer-wellness/index.html

You always show what a small minded person you are. I have family who can't get the vaccine due to underlying health issues but you would not help them. 

17 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You always show what a small minded person you are. I have family who can't get the vaccine due to underlying health issues but you would not help them. 

There’s no such thing anymore unless they’re doing chemo. Lupus and other autoimmune issues got the “all clear” to be vaccinated. The number who still can’t get it is close to 0. It just simply isn’t true at this juncture.

Edited by Governor

Fauci warns of possible ‘monster’ variant of COVID if pandemic isn’t stamped out with vaccinations

The pandemic expert agreed with MSNBC’s Mika Brzezinski when she suggested that a new “monster” strain could make the delta variant look like child’s play.

“There’s always a risk of, as you get more circulation of the virus in the community, that you’ll get enough accumulation of new mutations to get a variant substantially different than the ones we’re seeing now,” Fauci said on the Morning Joe show.

Fauci said one of the most important reasons to get an overwhelming number of people vaccinated is to prevent the COVID-19 virus from mutating into new variants as it spreads.

“You’re vaccinating now to prevent the next mutant coming, the next variant from coming,” Fauci said.

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-covid-fauci-monster-variant-20210914-g4olaryuwba3folnlcwy6gvq6q-story.html

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Dupes!!

Cracking Up Lol GIF

31 minutes ago, Governor said:

There’s no such thing anymore unless they’re doing chemo. Lupus and other autoimmune issues got the “all clear” to be vaccinated. The number who still can’t get it is close to 0. It just simply isn’t true at this juncture.

Thank God you know so much about people who are recovering from cancer. You would truly rather they have a terrible reaction to the vaccine than weigh their own risks and simply keep themselves safe.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Thank God you know so much about people who are recovering from cancer. You would truly rather they have a terrible reaction to the vaccine than weigh their own risks and simply keep themselves safe.

They can safely take the vaccine. My FIL just passed from cancer and his 48 year old son also has cancer and just started chemo, and both were told to get the vaccine.

Doctors were just being cautious. Now that it’s mandated, their doctors will tell them to go ahead and get it. There’s zero risk.

1 minute ago, Governor said:

They can safely take the vaccine. My FIL just passed from cancer and his 48 year old son also has cancer and just started chemo, and both were told to get the vaccine.

Doctors were just being cautious. Now that it’s mandated, their doctors will tell them to go ahead and get it. There’s zero risk.

Sorry for your loss. Hope things improve for his son.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

In the Covid thread, where I specifically mention Covid, you actually are confused about what I mean. I am not going to respond further because you are either intentionally being belligerent or too dumb to discuss.

There are Covid patients who can be managed in a regular unit with O2 supplementation, postural changes to assist breathing, and so on.  You realize I work in health care?  Perhaps you are causing confusion because you don’t know either the subject matter well or because you can’t express your thoughts clearly.