It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

16 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am not sure if you want a precise number or are you arguing obesity I'd not the number one risk factor when it comes to Covid? A precise figure I'd hard to come by but I have not heard anyone say there is another risk factor nearly as important 

I know quite a few people in healthcare.. my immediate family all work in Atlanta-area hospitals.  

They’ve all said the same thing.. 

The vast majority of covid patients in the hospital are unvaccinated.  That being said, the vast majority of those people, when you look at their chart, it makes sense that they are hospitalized.  

Very rare to see healthy people, especially when they aren’t obese, hospitalized with covid.

Anecdotal evidence, but seems to line up with the nationwide statistics of how this virus is attacking the overweight and elderly. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am not sure if you want a precise number or are you arguing obesity I'd not the number one risk factor when it comes to Covid? A precise figure I'd hard to come by but I have not heard anyone say there is another risk factor nearly as important 

https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/obesity-and-covid-19.html

Probably not the most reliable source, but further info that obesity is major contributor to bad outcomes from COVID. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, SCBills said:

Except the majority of people with a PhD are not vaccinated.  

Since you want to get personal.. Same goes for people like me, who make good money, own businesses, workout and are in shape - essentially, the people your significant other wishes you were.  

Yep- have to back up SC here. I’m in the same boat - been an entrepreneur most of my life and retired young. So unless you have two houses, a ranch out west, and fly private, I think I have you beat SectionC3,  have fun at work on Monday. 

I’m not COVID vaxxed and never will be - guaranteed. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Bockeye said:

Yep- have to back up SC here. I’m in the same boat - been an entrepreneur most of my life and retired young. So unless you have two houses, a ranch out west, and fly private, I think I have you beat SectionC3,  have fun at work on Monday. 

I’m not COVID vaxxed and never will be - guaranteed. 

I might try to sell you on the benefits of the vaccine at a later date when there is even more data but I definitely will never try to force an adult to do something to protect against a 1% chance.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Governor said:

The government and corporations and other business are going to tell you that you can’t have unvaccinated workers on their site.

It isn’t Biden you need to worry about, it’s other businesses that all wanted this to happen so they could finally drop the hammer. Biden just provides the cover for them to do that. We already see businesses all coming out in support of the orders.

i don’t think the orders are finalized yet, as far as exact language. He’s just giving business a heads up so they can figure out how much testing costs, etc.

You still have the option to have your guys get tested.

EDIT: OSHA violations

I’ll give you example before I sleep. Walmart is now going to require vaccinations for all workers. OSHA is going to enforce it at the store level. Walmart is then going to decide that they won’t hire an HVAC crew to work in their stores unvaccinated. It doesn’t make sense for them to enforce it on their employees and then let a group of unvaccinated workers into their stores. OSHA may make them do that, or they’ll do it on their own. Then it trickles down from there and snags all of the contractors. So, Biden’s order will have a domino effect enforced by other businesses.

Walmart will also get tired of testing or asking about tests from unvaccinated contractors so they’ll eventually just hire a vaccinated company instead.

That was happening before Biden ruled by decree, at least in NY.  A large HVAC contractor in our part of NY has been dealing with that for months.  I can’t say Walmart specifically, but certainly anecdotally it has occurred.  

I think you mischaracterizing the ‘why’ companies do that, the reality is that the management of these organizations have different philosophies for behaving in this fashion.   Some likely are fatigued as you’ve indicated.  Some may believe in the fundamental common sense of requiring vaccinations.  For some it’s about money.  For some, it’s a recognition that one way or the other, the government will eventually end up with another revenue grab, and that concerns just about every company in America. 

As for Biden “providing cover”, the tasty little part of threatening to destroy a business at $14k a clip for not doing the govt dirty work of mandatory compliance, and concerns of costs associated with defending their interests in litigation surely to follow is likely much more incentive to overstep traditional boundaries than anything else. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I might try to sell you on the benefits of the vaccine at a later date when there is even more data but I definitely will never try to force an adult to do something to protect against a 1% chance.

A big problem is the stress on hospitals and high cost to insurance companies and businesses. 

8 minutes ago, ALF said:

A big problem is the stress on hospitals and high cost to insurance companies and businesses. 

Who do you think gets more sick? A guy that works in a sewer?

Or a guy that obsessively hand sanitizes himself every time he touches something?

With that i rest my case  

5 minutes ago, ALF said:

How do those costs compare to the costs associated with other factors within the control of citizens, like, for example adult/childhood obesity?  Tobacco use?   Would you support decree on business +100 employees being held accountable for body mass management and general wellness programs?  

The company I work with offers a $180 credit for inputting data into a wellness questionnaire.  It really wouldn’t take much to tweak it a bit to include certain expectations.  Let’s start in January, allow 12 months for smoking cessation and/or weight loss programs to get rolling.  At the end of 2022, terminate employees who don’t fit the bill.  $14,000 fine for companies who don’t get sh&t done. 

We could also include mandatory vax for the seasonal flu. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I appreciate this approach and stance. Wish more people had this view. 

I think everyone should decide for themselves. Pretty sure I had it (before COVID tests were a thing), and I’m perfectly healthy and workout regularly. 

I know seven people in my circle that have had adverse effects (from unable to walk, never ending splitting headaches, blood clots and more).  It is way underreported and being suppressed.  I suspect with this third jab there will be even more adverse effects and at some point they will be unable to suppress the info. 

Having said that, I believe COVID is real and can kill - mostly those who are more susceptible (like obese and underlying conditions),  but can occasionally take someone perfectly healthy (just like a flu can kill a perfectly healthy person).  If you’re in a risk category you have to take a hard look at the risk/benefit and the jab might be the way to go. 

The mandates (which Biden said pre-election he would NOT do) are insane. 

I know a bunch of very sane, very patriotic (ex operators and such) great dudes and gals who will never be vaccinated, whose kids will never be vaccinated and whose loved ones will not be vaccinated.  I can guarantee we’re not going to look like Australia. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I was reading a story on a study that concluded young boys have a much greater chance of developing cardiac myocarditis. a serious condition commonly referred to as heart inflammation, than they do of requiring hospitalization from COVID.   Link here to pre-print abstract:  https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.30.21262866v1

One of the comments posted was pretty insightful to me.  Basically the poster suggested the risk to children suffering adverse side effects from the vaccine is worth taking because the vaccine will immunize them and stop them from being a carrier of the virus and potentially infecting others. That belief is medically false.  The vaccine will not provide immunity from COVID.  What it does is provide protection from serious illness and you can still infect others.  All evidence points to my statement as true. (On a side not on investment site I subscribe to a poster stated the FDA has even changed their "definition" of a "vaccine" from something that grants "immunity" to something the provides "protection".  I've yet to confirm that but an interesting re-defintion if true). 

My translation of that post mentioned above is you should be willing to assume all risks of the vaccine in order to protect me and others.  That seems pretty selfish or perhaps somebody assuming the risk as selfless.  You take all the risks so you and I can receive some level of benefits.  You won't get sick and you won't get me sick.  This is also a false premise.  You can get sick and you can get me sick too. 

It caused me to zero-in on the ideology behind  vaccine mandates.  Its based on the unstated belief that we all have some social obligation to others regardless of the risks we might need to take or our personal assessment of our own needs.  And this obligation supersedes all rights granted under our legal system and by documents like the Constitution.  This obligation created by its proponents exists without ever discussing it or agreeing to it.  You listen to people advocating for the mandates and that's what they're really supporting.  So where you stand depends on where you sit on the idea that some newly defined and informal social obligation to act against your personal will supersedes your formally defined individual rights to choose for yourself.

Frankly, I got the Moderna shots but I agreed to no such obligation and I expect few others did either.  I got vaccinated because all the information available at the time indicted the vaccine would protect me against getting COVID.  That's why anyone takes any vaccine.  To protect them, the specific person getting the shot.  That's where it all starts and ends.  I or anyone else has no obligation to protect anyone else beyond their social circle and in a voluntary manner. 

But social obligation concepts aside the ultimate problem with the vaccine mandates is they aren't supported by the science as vaccinating the population alone is not going to stop the virus from spreading or mutating.  Real life evidence out of highly vaccinated populations supports that conclusion.  And the critical issue isn't the mandate, the critical issue is the mandate won't solve the problem.  So why are all kinds of credentialed and uninformed idiots insisting on it and ignoring all facts and studies that present evidence that doesn't support their approach?  I think its just plain old fashioned arrogance.  Led by that old arrogant SOB at the top. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TSOL said:

Did you ever notice how the pro vacc's people dont start posting until like noon?

I think its because they dont have jobs, sleep in half the day and sit back collecting their gov't checks 

I’m out here getting a gym session in at 9 am before football starts.   Just ate some eggs and fruit, downed my vitamins for the day.   Also known as things foreign to the “healthy” vax-centric.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ALF said:

Covid has ruined the global supply chain so far resulting in inflation. Computer chips , lumber prices , high cost of shipping and large slowdown , shortage of new cars , many retirements on and on.

Thats got to do with the fact that alot of the countries where we get our stuff from are third world countries. 

Wr would do better vaccinating the lower tier countries, like in africa and south america, than trying to chase this unicorn of 100% vacc's rate here in the US. 

But everything has to be agenda driven these days and The DNC is on a frenzied power grab right now and its pissing me off.