It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

11 minutes ago, TSOL said:

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/13/1036521499/covid-workers-resign-new-york-hospital-stops-baby-delivery

Here is a case where vaccine mandates are really paying off /s

Way to go dems, great plan. Send the unvaccinated nurses home. You know, the ones who have been working around the virus for nearly 2 years now. 

How are they even still alive, you may ask

They should all be fired. You can’t be unvaccinated and expect anyone to believe you care about the health of others. 

Time for the HC “actors” to find a new career.

4 minutes ago, Governor said:

They should all be fired. You can’t be unvaccinated and expect anyone to believe you care about the health of others. 

They dont need it, they are immune. They have been working in a hospital and probably have been exposed to it the whole time.

Do you really not understand that? 

This appeasing the lowest common denominator is making me crazy 

3 minutes ago, TSOL said:

They dont need it, they are immune. They have been working in a hospital and probably have been exposed to it the whole time.

Derp. 

My wife and most of her co-workers are in healthcare and worked with the sickest of the sick through Covid. 2 of about 20 got Covid. The rest did not and of course got vaccinated (because they listen to their doctors), the moment they could. My brother and his girlfriend worked on the Buffalo Covid ward set aside at [forget hospital he was assigned to for that duty] and neither got Covid. 

Just because you're working around sick people doesn't mean that you will get sick. 

14 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Anyone serving the public in any fashion, cops, teachers, etc. need to be vaccinated or they need to hit the road. The public is done with this.

Edited by Governor
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LeviF said:

Well how many people already have natural immunity?  And you say "not cancelling" like that's somehow indicative of anything (it's not, hospitals are just law firms that practice medicine).  How many hospitals are currently over maximum normal capacity?

Btw, I am vaccinated.  But mandates are a bridge too far, especially when some of the numbers from around the world suggest that 80+% of people already have some kind of exposure (vaccine or infection) to COVID.  Not to mention the number of COVID hospitalizations that are entirely unnecessary. 

I am not trying to be confrontational but ask out of curiosity. Did you ever mind the vaccine mandates before the potential covid vaccine mandates? 

I understand the differences, that Covid is less dangerous than polio, mumps, etc., but it's also way more contagious. 

I never gave the other vaccines a second thought for me or my kid. Just followed doctor's advice and took them. It's interesting that so many people now decide they know better than their doctors. Why is that? 

33 minutes ago, TSOL said:

You don't know that unless they are tested for antibodies.  At my health care network we had to report symptoms every day coming into work, and if we answered yes to any then we had to get tested and if positive you're gone for 10 days.

Bottom line if you work in health care you have to be responsible towards your patients.  Flu vaccine are mandatory for many health care organizations and Covid vaccines should be no different.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

You don't know that unless they are tested for antibodies.  At my health care network we had to report symptoms every day coming into work, and if we answered yes to any then we had to get tested and if positive you're gone for 10 days.

Bottom line if you work in health care you have to be responsible towards your patients.  Flu vaccine are mandatory for many health care organizations and Covid vaccines should be no different.

This is too new to all of us. Medical professionals included. People need to be comfortable with a vaccine that was put out, by an industrialized drug manufacturer, so fast. 

Im not ant vax, im anti mandates though. 

This country has been over medicating for quite some time now 

Anyone that’s still unvaccinated and is in the public sector will unfortunately have to be gone. You’re telling everyone that you make really bad decisions and no one should want their children around them because bad things will eventually occur if you surround yourself with them enough times.

As a nation, we should take this opportunity to strengthen our public sector and weed out those people, cult members, etc. They aren’t fit to be serving the public. Someone obviously made a mistake hiring them in the first place and this is an easy fix. There’s no acceptable excuse at this point. They were giving the vaccine to cancer patients right out of the gate.

Edited by Governor

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Biden seeks to get 70% of world vaccinated within a year, as unvaccinated Americans continue to account for most COVID cases and deaths

https://on.mktw.net/396CED2

Translation:

Expect chaos, supply chain issues, labor shortages, and lunacy to continue well into 2022 and beyond.   

Wait till U.S. truckers go on strike.

1 hour ago, Governor said:

Maternity nurses who have devoted most of their lives to helping people,

are "Actors" to the governor, because they don't agree with him.

Most of your posts are over the top bullsh*t, but you really outdid yourself here.

40 year nurse - B-Man

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

I am not trying to be confrontational but ask out of curiosity. Did you ever mind the vaccine mandates before the potential covid vaccine mandates? 

I understand the differences, that Covid is less dangerous than polio, mumps, etc., but it's also way more contagious. 

I never gave the other vaccines a second thought for me or my kid. Just followed doctor's advice and took them. It's interesting that so many people now decide they know better than their doctors. Why is that? 

There are two salient differences between previous mandates and this one.  The first being who imposes them, and the second being the impact the diseases have on those who have little choice in how much they are exposed - children.  I won't concede that vaccine mandates are ever good but I will point out that this is different on those two fronts.

The other line here is that you seem to be employing a bit of a reverse slippery slope argument - "you had no issue with smallpox vax mandates, diphtheria, pertussis, etc. so why object to a COVID vaccine mandate?"

Truth of the matter is that a vaccine mandate could be a valid measure for a sane, responsible government.  But there's a strong argument to be made that this is an insane, irresponsible (and possibly even malicious) government.  I think this is what folks are getting at when they bring up the border.  It's hard to look at the deliberate HR sabotage at the border, or the import of hundreds of thousands of Afghans, and also believe that the next big move isn't also done out of malice or at the very least incredible irresponsibility. 

And as far as following the advice of doctors - individuals in my demographic rarely sees a medical professional unless they're acutely ill, in my experience.  So the only "doctors" they have to receive advice from are the "public health" professionals trotted out on TV and in pop news whose views on what is and is not a "public health" crisis tend to change with the political winds.  Trust is earned in a lifetime, lost in a day, and I get the feeling that the very public hypocrisy on display over the past year and a half has lost a lot of trust.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Maternity nurses who have devoted most of their lives to helping people,

are "Actors" to the governor, because they don't agree with him.

Most of your posts are over the top bullsh*t, but you really outdid yourself here.

40 year nurse - B-Man

I wouldn’t let an unvaccinated person feed my cats when I’m gone. Cats can get Covid.

Being unvaccinated tells me almost everything about a person. It’s not like these people are hiding in plain site. They unleash their petty political views anytime they get the chance, which I also think is a fireable offense for a public servant.

Your average cable installer can’t leave your house without you knowing how he feels about the border and CRT.

Thats was unacceptable behavior back in the 70’s and 80’s. People didn’t do that. I would never drop hints like that while I’m working. 

Edited by Governor

32 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

???

Blood letting was "natural."

Herbalists are all "natural"

Steve Jobs eschewed modern science in favor of a "natural" cure for his pancreatic cancer.

I have asked this question before and nobody has answered so ill ask again.

Who gets more sick? A guy that works in a sewer? Or a guy who hand sanitizes ever time he opens a door? 

Just now, Governor said:

Being unvaccinated tells me almost everything about a person. It’s not like these people are hiding in plain site.

They unleash their petty political views anytime they get the chance, which I also think is a fireable offense for a public servant.

In plain sight alright.

No one, NO ONE !!! can disagree with the vaccination viewpoint of the governor.

those MILLIONS of people are scum to him. 

These nurses, and the thousands of others that you so casually judge, know more about this than you ever will.

Unvaccinated ? do you think that covid is the ONLY disease out there ?

Medical workers are exposed to EVERY type of virus and disease and they continue to work on patients using "common sense" preventions.

Just stick to bloviating about things you know...........................oh that's right.

More B.S.

Didn't the number 43 give it away ?

3 minutes ago, TSOL said:

I have asked this question before and nobody has answered so ill ask again.

Who gets more sick? A guy that works in a sewer? Or a guy who hand sanitizes ever time he opens a door? 

Stop it George Carlin. I love him too but that mindset doesn’t work with an airborne virus in a country that has 400 million people.