It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

29 minutes ago, LeviF said:

But I’ll do your homework, Sue. This took one google search. 

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/JAHA.120.019259?cookieSet=1

My name is not Sue. The way this works is if YOU make a claim YOU have to back it up, not ME prove your point for YOU.

Thanks for sending the link but it was just a list of medical journals.

So I'll ask again, Can you provide a link or some proof showing what percentage of at risk people are due to obesity or it purely conjecture on your part?

9 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Panama, Brazil, Argentina already passed the US. 

Here are the next countries to pass us. 

USA USA USA 

Nice work anti vaxxers and vax skeptics. 

Why don't you care about older and at risk people, who are dying in shocking numbers from Covid?

Did you fight this hard for democracy on January 7th? 

I am sorry RE your sister and have no doubt that people who have legitimate medical reasons to not get it don't have to. That's a small group of people. Very small. 

Why do you care if someone does not get vaccinated? People who are able to get the jab have had ample chance to protect themselves at this point. And it’s clear that the vaccinated still spread covid. So why the continued obsession and vilification of the unvaxed? On and I’m vaccinated by the way. I’m supposed to do that right? So you think I’m only misguided not deranged? 

25 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I have a couple of questions about the bolded part.

Who said this?  From the beginning I was told the vaccines are 95+% effective.  That tells me 1 in 20 people who did take it will be affected.  I believe that's about what we're seeing.

My doctor advises me to get a flu shot every year.  She told me I might still get the flu but it won't be as bad.  Sounds a lot like the COVID vaccine in that regard.

Still a vast majority of hospitalizations and deaths are unvaccinated.  If all or a minority of those people had gotten vaccinated it stands to reason there wouldn't be very many hospitalizations or deaths.  Seriously, where would they come from?

I don't know about you, but as a vaccinated person if I catch COVID and don't get hospitalized or die, I'm calling it a win.

Why couldn't he just get a job With a company with < 100 employees?

Yep.  Literally no one has said this.  In fact they've said the opposite.

Cuomo once said "I can see masks being here to stay."   

Fauci has said 50 different ways:

"A return to some semblance of normalcy."

You've also heard (this is my personal favorite):

"So we can go back to......doing the things we love."

They have never ever uttered the words "back to normal."   

That alone is reason to tell them all to F off.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

My name is not Sue. The way this works is if YOU make a claim YOU have to back it up, not ME prove your point for YOU.

So I'll ask again, Can you provide a link or some proof showing what percentage of at risk people are due to obesity or it purely conjecture on your part?

Again, this ***** is obvious. We’re on a little-used subforum on a website dedicated to one of the least relevant American sports franchises of the last 25 years. “This” has no particular way of working and its really not my responsibility to drill a hole in your abnormally thick skull and pour common sense into it. 

Try this instead. 

https://doi.org/10.1161/JAHA.120.019259

D4DDE389-1DC6-4965-88DA-24BAE1B5E6A2.thumb.png.dae0cf0a95ed921e3969f9f27a7a0878.png

49 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

How is this acceptable to you?  Don’t want the government to force covid vax?.. jUsT gEt a DiFfErEnT jOb

I don’t understand this mentality at all.  At some point will you say enough is enough, or are you simply ok with simping for the government no matter how far they take this?  

Edited by SCBills

53 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I have a couple of questions about the bolded part.

Who said this?  From the beginning I was told the vaccines are 95+% effective.  That tells me 1 in 20 people who did take it will be affected.  I believe that's about what we're seeing.

My doctor advises me to get a flu shot every year.  She told me I might still get the flu but it won't be as bad.  Sounds a lot like the COVID vaccine in that regard.

Still a vast majority of hospitalizations and deaths are unvaccinated.  If all or a majority of those people had gotten vaccinated it stands to reason there wouldn't be very many hospitalizations or deaths.  Seriously, where would they come from?

I don't know about you, but as a vaccinated person if I catch COVID and don't get hospitalized or die, I'm calling it a win.

Because that company won’t be able to do any work for other larger companies.

18 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Again, this ***** is obvious. We’re on a little-used subforum on a website dedicated to one of the least relevant American sports franchises of the last 25 years. “This” has no particular way of working and its really not my responsibility to drill a hole in your abnormally thick skull and pour common sense into it. 

Try this instead. 

https://doi.org/10.1161/JAHA.120.019259

D4DDE389-1DC6-4965-88DA-24BAE1B5E6A2.thumb.png.dae0cf0a95ed921e3969f9f27a7a0878.png

Thanks. Was that so hard?

I initially questioned you because you said "As far as at risk people, I have very little pity for the vast majority of at risk people, whose "risk" could have been mitigated by pushing away from the table years ago."

Still not convinced that's true.

There are other at risk conditions that are unrelated to "pushing away from the table".  Like cancer patients. Or transplant patients. Or even one of the conditions listed in your article, diabetes mellitus which is hereditary.

[QUOTE] In a multivariable‐adjusted investigation of COVID‐19 in New York City, obesity, diabetes mellitus, hypertension, and heart failure were independent predictors of hospitalization, with many of these conferring the highest risks after advanced age

[/QUOTE]

Your painting trim with a 6 inch brush IMHO.

25 minutes ago, SCBills said:

How is this acceptable to you?  Don’t want the government to force covid vax?.. jUsT gEt a DiFfErEnT jOb

I don’t understand this mentality at all.  At some point will you say enough is enough, or are you simply ok with simping for the government no matter how far they take this?  

That wasn't my point.  @Governor said  if you don't get vaxxed you can't get a job.  I was disputing that by suggesting one could still get a job at a company with < 100 employees.  NOT saying the government should do this necessarily.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Governor said:

Because that company won’t be able to do any work for other larger companies.

I don't think this is true. I have Benn reading up on it and what I get is if <100 you don't have to mandate. If you do bidness with the federal government you must mandate. But I don't see anywhere that <100 employees can't do bidness with > 100 employees.  Where did you read this?

9 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I don't think this is true. I have Benn reading up on it and what I get is if <100 you don't have to mandate. If you do bidness with the federal government you must mandate. But I don't see anywhere that <100 employees can't do bidness with > 100 employees.  Where did you read this?

I own a small business.  Im not vaxxed (just had covid 2 weeks ago).  My staff isn’t vaxxed.   

We don’t do any business with the federal government.  

I live in a red state. 

Im about as protected from our tyrant of a President as I can be, but now is the time to fight back, because if he can do this… eventually he’ll come after business owners like myself.  

History repeats itself.  It has over the ages and it has over these past 18 months.  

Once they take power, they never give it back.  

Once they take power, they keep taking more.  

• Awesome! (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I own a small business.  Im not vaxxed (just had covid 2 weeks ago).  My staff isn’t vaxxed.   

I live in a red state. 

Im about as protected from our tyrant of a President as I can be, but now is the time to fight back, because if he can do this… eventually he’ll come after business owners like myself.  

History repeats itself.  It has over the ages and it has over these past 18 months.  

If anyone you do business with does business with the Fed, they’ll have to verify that your vaccinated.

Theres really no way around it now. Your staff won’t be able to work on anyone’s property unvaccinated.

You might be able to skate by for a few months but it will snag you at some point.

Edited by Governor

8 minutes ago, Governor said:

If anyone you do business with does business with the Fed, they’ll have to verify that your vaccinated.

Theres really no way around it now. Your staff won’t be able to work on anyone’s property unvaccinated.

You might be able to skate by for a few months but it will snag you at some point.

Where are you getting this that if you are a < 100 employee company you can't do bidness with someone who does bidness with the government.  Can you provide a link?  I have looked for it.

52 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I live in a red state. 

How are you going to fight back?

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

Where are you getting this that if you are a < 100 employee company you can't do bidness with someone who does bidness with the government.  Can you provide a link?  I have looked for it.

The government and corporations and other business are going to tell you that you can’t have unvaccinated workers on their site.

It isn’t Biden you need to worry about, it’s other businesses that all wanted this to happen so they could finally drop the hammer. Biden just provides the cover for them to do that. We already see businesses all coming out in support of the orders.

i don’t think the orders are finalized yet, as far as exact language. He’s just giving business a heads up so they can figure out how much testing costs, etc.

You still have the option to have your guys get tested.

EDIT: OSHA violations

I’ll give you example before I sleep. Walmart is now going to require vaccinations for all workers. OSHA is going to enforce it at the store level. Walmart is then going to decide that they won’t hire an HVAC crew to work in their stores unvaccinated. It doesn’t make sense for them to enforce it on their employees and then let a group of unvaccinated workers into their stores. OSHA may make them do that, or they’ll do it on their own. Then it trickles down from there and snags all of the contractors. So, Biden’s order will have a domino effect enforced by other businesses.

Walmart will also get tired of testing or asking about tests from unvaccinated contractors so they’ll eventually just hire a vaccinated company instead.

Edited by Governor

7 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I would put the run up to the Iraq War just as high if not higher.  

Its nowhere near as bad as it is now.

1. The all out fear blitzkrieg on the pandemic/ vaccines

2. Trying to fleece America with the ridiculously overpriced infrastructure bill 

3. Glossing over the catastrophe in Afghanistan 

And last but not least, trying to paint a happy face on how great inflation is for our country. 

The propaganda machine is set on turbo now. 

4 hours ago, Governor said:

The government and corporations and other business are going to tell you that you can’t have unvaccinated workers on their site.

It isn’t Biden you need to worry about, it’s other businesses that all wanted this to happen so they could finally drop the hammer. Biden just provides the cover for them to do that. We already see businesses all coming out in support of the orders.

i don’t think the orders are finalized yet, as far as exact language. He’s just giving business a heads up so they can figure out how much testing costs, etc.

You still have the option to have your guys get tested.

EDIT: OSHA violations

I’ll give you example before I sleep. Walmart is now going to require vaccinations for all workers. OSHA is going to enforce it at the store level. Walmart is then going to decide that they won’t hire an HVAC crew to work in their stores unvaccinated. It doesn’t make sense for them to enforce it on their employees and then let a group of unvaccinated workers into their stores. OSHA may make them do that, or they’ll do it on their own. Then it trickles down from there and snags all of the contractors. So, Biden’s order will have a domino effect enforced by other businesses.

Walmart will also get tired of testing or asking about tests from unvaccinated contractors so they’ll eventually just hire a vaccinated company instead.

Dont underestimate the power of free will 

The UAW is gonna B word slap OSHA. 

Edited by TSOL
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Give money/support to any politicians and/or organizations that oppose Biden.  

Next year will be the first year in my life (I’m in my 30’s) that I actively campaign for politicians… basically any Republican that opposes this President and his agenda.  

If this does eventually affect me, I will pay for/arrange weekly testing for my employees if they don’t want the vaccine.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

These mandates are not going to stick. This is all for show. They are all going to get tied up in court, unions like the postal workers are doing, are going to push back. Labor is not going to go along with this. 

And if by some snowballs chance that these mandates do hold up in court, sending unvaccinated labor home is just going to increase the already astronomical inflation. 

So if you vax happy vaxxers want to stand in line for 1½ hours  for a 10-12 dollar loaf of bread, then by all means, go along with this psycho agenda driven administration 

But if you wanna live your life free, like back in to olden days, then learn to live with the virus because it really is here to stay. Whether the US achieves 100% vax rate or not. Its not going anywhere 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, TSOL said:

These mandates are not going to stick. This is all for show. They are all going to get tied up in court, unions like the postal workers are doing, are going to push back. Labor is not going to go along with this. 

And if by some snowballs chance that these mandates do hold up in court, sending unvaccinated labor home is just going to increase the already astronomical inflation. 

So if you vax happy vaxxers want to stand in line for 1½ hours  for a 10-12 dollar loaf of bread, then by all means, go along with this psycho agenda driven administration 

But if you wanna live your life free, like back in to olden days, then learn to live with the virus because it really is here to stay. Whether the US achieves 100% vax rate or not. Its not going anywhere 

It’s Biden’s sad, pathetic attempt to scapegoat the unvaccinated for his failure in “stopping the virus”.   

It’s not necessarily his fault that he can’t stop the virus, but it’s pretty much all he campaigned on, and it was never going to stop…. He knew it, but he managed to get enough people scared through his surrogates in the media to think he could be their covid savior. 

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It’s Biden’s sad, pathetic attempt to scapegoat the unvaccinated for his failure in “stopping the virus”.   

It’s not necessarily his fault that he can’t stop the virus, but it’s pretty much all he campaigned on, and it was never going to stop…. He knew it, but he managed to get enough people scared through his surrogates in the media to think he could be their covid savior. 

Its not even Biden, he dosent even know whats going on. Its the DNC, they are so desperate to pass the infrastructure heist and the virus is standing in their way. 

9 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I am not sure if you want a precise number or are you arguing obesity I'd not the number one risk factor when it comes to Covid? A precise figure I'd hard to come by but I have not heard anyone say there is another risk factor nearly as important