It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

11 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

70%- 75% in all areas would be nice.

And yes they are.  We don't live in your utopian all freedom all the time world.  We live in a very political world (thanks Mark and Jack).  In our real world with the leaders we have the people who aren't vaccinated ARE getting sick and flubbing it up for the rest of us.  I got the vaccine mostly for me but I expected more would step up so we could end this nonsense.  But we still can't and (with our leadership and vaccination rate) probably won't any time soon.

In the county I live with a population of 2,500,000, our vaccination rate is > 70%.  Yesterday we had 566 confirmed cases, 7 hospitalizations, and ZERO deaths.  We are not locked down, no one wants passports, and our governor says people don't need to wears masks unless they want to. And he ran for president as a wacky left winger.

https://kingcounty.gov/depts/health/covid-19/data/daily-summary.aspx

But yeah, I might grow a third arm out of my forehead.

Again, I agree with some of what you say, but its just not gonna work that way.

I have to admit I love your passion for the people not vaccinated even though you are.

This is the thing.  Yes I think they should have a choice and our handling of this and therefore them, is a disaster.  An embarrassing disaster. 

My problem is they're lying  - you believe these vaccination rates are an end game I do not.  That the "public health" leaders are acting in good faith.  I do not.   

They've already reversed course on masks - the CDC is compromised.  Why hasn't anyone been fired if lifting it was such a catastrophic mistake?  What if Trump was POTUS and that happened?

Use logic and the data.  

Vaccine use went up and cases have risen.

Now its because of quote Fauci today:  "An entirely different virus."

That originated in India.

But I'm supposed to believe 80% vaccination here ends this.  It won't.  They've got a long term "agenda" that should no longer be dismissed as conspiracy.  

Edited by Big Blitz

2 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Ever try doing a project like vaccinating an entire country? We can’t even get IDs to everyone that need them to vote.

You can do your best to do everything to help but there’s still constraints on it.

We can ship/feed/house thousands of military personnel to some god forsaken shitholes of the world but we can get a vaccine to farmer Bob in the boonies of Iowa?  If that's the case this ones on the current resident of the Casa Blanca.  

4 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Ever try doing a project like vaccinating an entire country? We can’t even get IDs to everyone that need them to vote.

You can do your best to do everything to help but there’s still constraints on it.

OK.  Where is this occurring?  

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

We can ship/feed/house thousands of military personnel to some god forsaken shitholes of the world but we can get a vaccine to farmer Bob in the boonies of Iowa?  If that's the case this ones on the current resident of the Casa Blanca.  

The reason it is so difficult is that we are requiring an ID to get the shot. If you don't have an ID you can't get the shot.

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

This is the thing.  Yes I think they should have a choice and our handling of this and therefore them, is a disaster.  An embarrassing disaster. 

My problem is they're lying  - you believe these vaccination rates are an end game I do not.  That the "public health" leaders are acting in good faith.  I do not.   

They've already reversed course on masks - the CDC is compromised.  Why hasn't anyone been fired if lifting it was such a catastrophic mistake?  What if Trump was POTUS and that happened?

Use logic and the data.  

Vaccine use went up and cases have risen.

Now its because of quote Fauci today:  "An entirely different virus."

That originated in India.

But I'm supposed to believe 80% vaccination ends this.  It won't.  They've got a long term "agenda" that should no longer be dismissed as conspiracy.  

Bolded one: I too believe people should have a choice. I just wish more people decided to.  I'm NOT saying they should be made to.

Bolded two: I just gave you the example of a place with 2,500,000 people 70%+ Vaccinated got 566 confirmed cases, 7 hospitalizations and ZERO death yesterday.  I'll let you look up the stats for places with < 50% vaccinated.

50 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I appreciate your recognition of the math. I understand math which is why so many of my answers are correct.

Based on the math let's save money and support freedoms and stop vaccines for rubella, polio, tb, whooping cough mumps etc. The math shows we have few cases and almost no deaths. 

Math while absolutely necessary in studying most issues, does fail to consider the stupidity of people. With strong pressure for vaccines/masks the math projections would show the result would be substantial. 

16 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Have you been vaccinated? Did they require your ID? If not how did they know whose name to put on card?

That was my thought. And why are these cards NOT digital? 

Edited by Chef Jim

20 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Based on the math let's save money and support freedoms and stop vaccines for rubella, polio, tb, whooping cough mumps etc. The math shows we have few cases and almost no deaths. 

Math while absolutely necessary in studying most issues, does fail to consider the stupidity of people. With strong pressure for vaccines/masks the math projections would show the result would be substantial. 

The fact that you are comparing childhood illnesses that cripple someone for life to an illness that is not even as bad a flu to those under 25 means you are simply believing your govt. We can disagree on something's but I will always protect children where you seem more concerned about protecting people your age.

16 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

That was my thought. And why are these cards NOT digital? 

They copied mine from my driver's license I had to show to confirm I was eligible. How else has someone gotten one?

• Eyeroll 1

29 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Bolded one: I too believe people should have a choice. I just wish more people decided to.  I'm NOT saying they should be made to.

Bolded two: I just gave you the example of a place with 2,500,000 people 70%+ Vaccinated got 566 confirmed cases, 7 hospitalizations and ZERO death yesterday.  I'll let you look up the stats for places with < 50% vaccinated.

Yes I know the vaccine is most likely working to prevent death.  I understand it 100%.  You'd think that would be cause for celebration and a "We're done here" declaration to a country that is beyond done....

But Israel is also over that threshold (they've been the gold standard of vaccination rates) and they are still mitigating - the new PM is urging people to not shake hands.... 

Israelis describe what it's like when your country vaccinates its way out of the pandemic — only for the Delta variant to fuel rising cases

After the most successful COVID-19 vaccination program in the world, Israel lifted social-distancing rules and mask requirements at the start of June.

Then a low — but rising — number of cases, fueled by the arrival of the Delta variant, prompted the government to bring back masks in indoor spaces, announce a drive to vaccinate kids, and impose mass testing for airport arrivals.

Authorities are determined to avoid another spike. There are currently just 33 serious cases in Israel and a seven-day average of 321 new daily cases, compared with about 8,600 in January in the early stages of its vaccine drive.

But 13,000 students and teachers are now in quarantine, and the interior minister has threatened to shut down Ben Gurion Airport if cases continue to increase.

https://www.businessinsider.com/israels-reaction-delta-variant-covid-restrictions-2021-7

There is no end.  

I’m sure the plan is to have constant variants (made in the lab) coming out over the next decade...I’m sure there will be several vaccines that they will try to force everyone to take because of the different “mutations”...

Whatever it takes to help create a new global economy based on elitist authoritarian rule...welcome to the “new normal”...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I certainly could cite sources and list them one by one but I'm not wasting my time documenting them as I'm 100% certain you will automatically dismiss them.  The rest of it is called critical thinking.  You should try it.  It requires no involvement from anyone but yourself.  Its how innovation and new ideas are created.  Its the driver of progress.    

I see confirmed reports of 100's of thousands of immigrants being shipped around the country and combine that with other confirmed reports of high infection rates based on testing and you put 2 + 2 together.  Then you see the administration ignoring the infections while pursuing reckless polices of re-settlement of illegals and I conclude they are intentionally spreading the virus.  Either that or they are just plain stupid.  Take your pick.  Either one is bad, Intentionally spreading the virus thru acts of domestic terrorism that cause illness and death or being unfit to lead.    

And truth is, you have no interest in addressing my conclusions.  Because admitting I'm correct, which I am and which you never will admit, conflicts with your ideology.  And rather than accept your ideology is flawed you prefer to dismiss facts.  Instead you just want to deflect and change the discussion to an argument over sources.  Which I will not engage in.  You're following 101 basic leftist debate strategy - don't directly address anything, ask questions to deflect the argument off the topic.

yup

• Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, BillStime said:

yup

This is just silly...many Hispanic immigrants are conservative because they are either Catholic or fled authoritarian regimes...

And everyone knows there are serious immigration issues going on right now...so, it’s a little disingenuous to ignore them just because it doesn’t happen to further Heath Mayo’s particular agenda at the moment...

Furthermore, I have not heard anyone on the Left say that non citizens shouldn’t be allowed to vote...All I keep hearing is that “ALL votes should be counted” and that they are against voter ID...🤔

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

This is just silly...many Hispanic immigrants are conservative because they are either Catholic or fled authoritarian regimes...

And everyone knows there are serious immigration issues going on right now...so, it’s a little disingenuous to ignore them just because it doesn’t happen to further Heath Mayo’s particular agenda at the moment...

Furthermore, I have not heard anyone on the Left say that non citizens shouldn’t be allowed to vote...All I keep hearing is that “ALL votes should be counted” and that they are against voter ID...🤔

Huh? This BS is all over this thread.

Truth hurts

51 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I’m sure the plan is to have constant variants (made in the lab) coming out over the next decade...I’m sure there will be several vaccines that they will try to force everyone to take because of the different “mutations”...

Whatever it takes to help create a new global economy based on elitist authoritarian rule...welcome to the “new normal”...

Cat Illuminati GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Huh? This BS is all over this thread.

Truth hurts

I see Heath Mayo’s post as 50/50 when it comes to “truth”...he has some legit points, but conservatives are not a monolith...

Mayo may not agree with some of the concerns of conservatives...but it does not delegitimize those concerns just because he doesn’t want them to be true...

Both the Left and Right have some extremist wackos, and they also have genuine truth seekers...