Diggs #3 overall WR entering 2021 according to ESPN

sometimes a trade helps both teams, sometimes a trade hurts both teams.  you can argue about who it helped more, but then you having timing involved as well, so maybe it helps the bills more for the first 3 or 4 years and minni more after that, but then you have to evaluate how to discount future vs present day wins, and at the end of the day you really just want to win a chip, so it gets goofy cuz you'd rather win it all this year and stink for a few than be good for like 5 years and win nothing.

i can't think of a wr i'd rather have on the bills than diggs

7 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

The reasons are BS IMO. To have a winner there must also be a loser.

1. How does the Vikings cap space have anything to do with the Bills?

2. Locker room presence is a product of team camaraderie. Winning makes players great team locker room guys. Losing? Not so much. Diggs looked quite happy last season. 

3. Easy to say after the season is over that Jefferson has the goods. Had they drafted a bust the tune would be different. 

It worked out for both teams but considering the Vikings were 7-9 and a playoff no show and the Bills were 13-3 and a game away from SB. Well,.....you get the picture of which team did the winning😎

Edited by billsbackto81

7 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I wonder if that was the same clown whining about the trade of Diggs and how much of a Diva he was and how he would suck as a Bill?  Wow they have some crazy writers in Minny.....not that Blo doesn't have some winners too.

8 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

That's weak... 

More like 3 positive returns on the Diggs trade, or 3 things that worked out well enough for the Vikings, but 3 reasons they "won" the trade?

Clearing up cap space doesn't mean you beat out the Bills in the trade... Getting a solid replacement WR doesn't mean you beat the production the Bills got out of Diggs, getting rid of someone who doesn't want to be there doesn't mean the Bills lost the trade by getting someone who DOES want to be in Buffalo...

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

This article was slanted to a point.  What he should have written was the trade was excellent for both sides.  I would agree with that one.  We received exactly what we needed in Diggs.  No need to explain that one.

The Vikings given Jefferson’s performance received what they needed not only on cap relief, draft pics, and overall health for their team. Their feelings on Diggs is ridiculous as they don’t want to accept they never handled him well.  He should’ve been the key WR as the clear #1, not Thielen and was proven last year.

I really don’t know what these MN guys have in terms of just simply MN  won and Buffalo won.

11 hours ago, NewEra said:

Perfect ranking imo.  Maybe he can take the step into the top 2 after this season, but he belongs right where he is imo.  

Yeah. We all love Diggs, but could you imagine Hopkins in this offense? Between him and Beasley, could go a whole year without a dropped pass.

11 hours ago, scuba guy said:

I would say that is very fair of a rating 

Davante should be #1, but bias aside, id take Diggs over Hopkins.  Something I wouldnt have said before last year.  Although this looks like a fantasy ranking, if it is i do agree, just cause ARZ has less weapons than we do

9 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Diggs is #1. Followed by Hill then Deandre

We’ll, being that he lead the league in receptions and yards you do have a valid point…, evidently that doesn’t hold much water to some pundits out there…

Go Bills!!!

15 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

GMFB had a segment about which WR could break Michael Thomas's reception record....Nate Burleson picked Diggs.  

I came here specifically to echo this. I bet Diggs tells Josh "I gotta have 150 this year, yo."

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

This article was slanted to a point.  What he should have written was the trade was excellent for both sides.  I would agree with that one.  We received exactly what we needed in Diggs.  No need to explain that one.

The Vikings given Jefferson’s performance received what they needed not only on cap relief, draft pics, and overall health for their team. Their feelings on Diggs is ridiculous as they don’t want to accept they never handled him well.  He should’ve been the key WR as the clear #1, not Thielen and was proven last year.

I really don’t know what these MN guys have in terms of just simply MN  won and Buffalo won.

As an aside, the trade helped Buffalo succeed far more than it did the Vikings in terms of overall team success, that really can not be argued, in which that individual stats although nice, really do mean nothing if the team is or stays middling in its overall performance, the Vikings as an example…, this is why some pro MN guys are so slanted in there commentary, that and the MN FO is noticeably confused with what to do with the talent they have had and the fans and pundits see that, hence their frustration, and point of view…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

As an aside, the trade helped Buffalo succeed far more than it did the Vikings in terms of overall team success, that really can not be argued, in which that individual stats although nice, really do mean nothing if the team is or stays middling in its overall performance, the Vikings as an example…, this is why some pro MN guys are so slanted in there commentary, that and the MN FO is noticeably confused with what to do with the talent they have had and the fans and pundits see that, hence their frustration, and point of view…

Don as always, you’re calling me out being nice and right.  I couldn’t agree more and I guess I was trying to give them a little break.  We definitely made out, but so did they just not now and not as much.  The author may be right later in two years if the talent and capital is used well.  The issue is can Zimmer pull all of this stuff together in time to save his job and his staff as otherwise it’s a mess that will start all over again.

Well written Don.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

And to add, the TRADE was not Diggs for Jefferson like they make it sound.   It was Diggs for pick #22 or whatever it was, and by the grace of God Philly picked Jalen Reagor at 21.  
It’s a bit revisionist for MN to look back and say “Oh, that’s ok we can just plug Jefferson in for Diggs, let’s make the trade. “

• Agree 1