No Link but Harrison Phillips interviewed yesterday, 6/28 on Sirius NFLR

Guys:

For those of you who have Sirius NFL Radio, yesterday, 6/28 Horribla Harry was interviewed by the guys on Movin The Chains.  If you have Sirius, then you have the ability not just from the car, but download the app, and can listen on demand on you’re phone.  For those who have that option, you can listen 10 minutes or so into the show on demand as they don’t have commercials, and they did an evaluation of the interior defensive linemen for for the Bills.  They completed the AFCE yesterday.  The Bills scored 12 out of 20 points, and surprisingly evaluated Ed Oliver at a 5 out of 6 for a lead guy.  They stayed a whole bunch of stats you can listen to in terms of pressures, hurries etc.

Approximately 1 hour into the show you can que up the Phillips interview.  I don’t have memorized, but were positive about Harry, and he went onto the drills he is doing like pursuit drills, chase the rabbit etc.  Running 20 gassers everyday and doing two a days private workouts.  The guys were impressed as they expected him to say he was taking vacation somewhere.  He seemed quite motivated, plugged his camp he just did in Buffalo, and another in Omaha coming soon at his old high school.  It was interesting as he said this is his ramp up time.  He took his vacation to rest in February and now was a time to train in Nebraska.  He indicated his knee was great and mobility and agility was a non issue.

I came off that interview feeling pretty good about how motivated and prepared he is trying to be for camp.

This show as many know do these position group rankings every off season around this time after the draft.  I think football nuts would like it as they don’t seem to play favorites, and present the same objective data for each team.

Where we’ve done well and again this is just a radio show, but I know from past comments a lot of guys like this show on the board.

Top 10 as a position group, not a single player.

QB’s #2, as they thought on top of Super Allen, the addition of Trubisky was an amazing add.

WR’s #1-2, honestly can’t remember it was either 1st or 2nd, as they thought we were deeper than just about anyone in the NFL.  They went knee deep not just on Diggs, but all the way down to Davis and interjected how Sanders may be an upgrade over Brown.

OL #10, they thought our depth and recent adds place us 10th just like last year and cited pass pro time clean for Josh, and if we created better space for the RB’s would’ve gone higher.

No other group on offense made the top 10 and the DT’s were the first on defense.  The last 2 years they have lacked our secondary at #2 or #3, and I expect the same this year.

I know this is a message for Sirius subscribers only so my apologies to those who don’t, but if someone smarter than me (which is many) can find where to get this recording, I think the rest of you guys would like it.

As an aside, Bills=12, Fins=12, Pats=11, and Jets= 14 out of 20 points so bottom line no one has a top 10 interior D Line for the AFCE.

For as much as I respond, I rarely start a thread.  I just thought for those who can look it up might like to hear Horrible Harry.  Enjoy.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 11

Thanks, good stuff there.

Go Bills!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Thanks MGK :thumbsup: I too believe that Sanders is an upgrade over Brown. Brown had that speed to occasionally get behind a defense, but so does McKenzie and I like the Stevenson add for that reason as well. Where Sanders outshines Brown is in his route running and how sure-handed he is. I was totally good with that swap out in the WR group. As for Harry? I hope for big things from him this year. If that Baltimore game in the Playoffs was any sort of foreshadowing to what we can expect moving forward then I believe the 1-Tech is in good hands. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Thanks guys.  I just know we’re NFL and bills starved this month so at least the Sirius guys can listen.  I promise I’ve started my one thread for the quarter.

Well based on this thread I am sure that myself and quite a few others will spot ya another one!! 🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

Movin' the Chains on Sirius is an excellent show.  I don't listen as often as I used to listen, but having Pat Kirwan add insight as a former GM is fantastic.  Miller is good too, but having Kirwan there is terrific in my opinion.  Pat was GM'ing during some of the years in which the Bills were in their prime Super Bowl runs.  Thus, he's always treated Buffalo as a respectable franchise, because he always knew them as a reputable franchise.  This was true, especially through the drought, and he's always indicated that when Buffalo gets things going in the right direction again, playing in Western New York, and in front of a rabid fanbase was extremely difficult.

Miller and Kirwan, both, are very patient listeners with callers as well.  The patience they show, despite obviously knowing a ton more than a lot fans is a great strength of theirs.  

I like Kirwan simply because he has always treated Buffalo as a relevant franchise......even though.....we were largely irrelevant for a long time.  

• Like (+1) 3

I know.  Pat brought it up, and Harry responded with the pursuit drills he’s doing.  If you listened, Pat commended him as he didn’t know almost any players in their typical vacation time (now) that are doing these drills.  He laughed and Mills said most players he knew gripes when they had to do these in camp much less on his own with a high school kid helping him.

Ill give it to Harry.  If honest, and I believe him is doing everything possible to be the best version of himself.  Think about how many players are in an island vacation spot, and he’s doing these drills in Nebraska.  It’s the reason I was hoping a few guys were able to listen as it was an encouraging interview and show.

On 6/29/2021 at 9:29 AM, machine gun kelly said:

For those of you who have Sirius NFL Radio, yesterday, 6/28 Horribla Harry was interviewed by the guys on Movin The Chains.  If you have Sirius, then you have the ability not just from the car, but download the app, and can listen on demand on you’re phone.

If anyone has a linky, kindly add

On 6/29/2021 at 9:29 AM, machine gun kelly said:

Approximately 1 hour into the show you can que up the Phillips interview.  I don’t have memorized, but were positive about Harry, and he went onto the drills he is doing like pursuit drills, chase the rabbit etc.  Running 20 gassers everyday and doing two a days private workouts.  The guys were impressed as they expected him to say he was taking vacation somewhere.  He seemed quite motivated, plugged his camp he just did in Buffalo, and another in Omaha coming soon at his old high school.  It was interesting as he said this is his ramp up time.  He took his vacation to rest in February and now was a time to train in Nebraska.  He indicated his knee was great and mobility and agility was a non issue.

Harry and his GF Shae Daney are two of the players/WAG I follow in Insta.  Back in February Shae posted some amusing videos of "His Vacation vs Her Vacation" One of them showed her reclining in a lounge chair with a foofy drink, while Phillips was near the top of a flight of steps holding some hand weights and doing some kind of stair-step leg lift exercise.  He looked sweaty.  She looked relaxed 😆  So the work didn't stop even on vacation.

On 6/30/2021 at 6:48 AM, BuffaloBill said:

I hope Horrible Harry has a full return from the injury and breaks out this year. He is a likable guy. His play has been in a declining trend after the injury.

There were some articles about him posted during OTAs (linked at the time, but I'll put them here)

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/harrison-phillips-feeling-like-himself-again-as-critical-season-approaches/article_8c19a618-bf26-11eb-af58-9398f463827e.html

[Skurski, May 28]

A year ago at this time, Harrison Phillips wasn't himself.

The Buffalo Bills' defensive tackle was about eight months into his recovery from a torn ACL in his knee in May 2020, severely limiting his capabilities.

"I could not do a run or an activity without significant eight-out-of-10, seven-out-of-10 pain," Phillips said. "Now, I could sit here and do single-leg jumps for an hour and I won't feel any pain. It's like night and day. I feel a lot better."

He and Skurski don't agree with you about the "declining trend after the injury".  I thought he came on at the end of last season, two:

Phillips got back into the lineup in Week 13 against the San Francisco 49ers and, to his credit, stayed there the rest of the season, including the playoffs. He finished the year playing in 12 regular-season games, making 17 tackles and recovering one fumble. In three playoff games, he had nine tackles.

“As you saw, the later half of the season, I started to feel more like myself,” he said. “I was more removed from when the injury happened. You talk about 13 months, 14 months, past the injury, I started playing a lot better. Really, they say it's a two-year injury, so I'm really excited and optimistic about trying to reach my ceiling as a player this year.”

I think it's probable that the injury was still affecting him last season

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2021 at 8:57 AM, machine gun kelly said:

Thanks guys.  I just know we’re NFL and bills starved this month so at least the Sirius guys can listen.  I promise I’ve started my one thread for the quarter.

How much time constitutes a quarter

2 hours ago, chongli said:

Not sure if this has been posted, but here is a recent pic of Phillips:

Who is the lady in redWho is the lady in red

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

How much time constitutes a quarter

Who is the lady in red

• Haha (+1) 1