The American Media Should Not Be Trusted

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

you say just about anything, I say bs...

Russia WAS involved in election interference favoring trump.

Russia was involved in election interference.  Everyone acknowledges that.  They favored both sides, maybe Trump more because Hilly was thought to be a shoo-in and they wanted to sow discord.  But the Dems did far more damage than Putin ever could and that favoritism did nothing for Trump and he did nothing for Russia when he became President.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

no, I trust the scientists who spent their adult lives studying virology and genomic sequencing.  There appears to be no consensus altho the majority of intelligence agencies and their robust virology scientists still believe that the virus occurred naturally.  All agree it wasn't a bioweapon and occurred in a part of the world ripe for its natural occurrence.  Yes, China could answer the question but they won't.  So we need to go on the scientific analyses we have.

after searching for new source material (there is little) and posting what I found, I think this aptly describes the current knowledge base of the scientific community::

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/27/politics/covid-lab-leak-what-matters/index.html

“We don’t just take information or just take a feeling and turn it into analysis,” she said. “We’re actually doing a rigorous process and that’s why we don’t know yet. The evidence isn’t there.”

If you are missing info and don't go back to the fact that the Wuhan lab was working on COVID and have a history of poor security as part of your analysis then you are not taking into account the whole picture. The fact that it was a "conspiracy theory" for so long tells me that their is no rigorous process. They admit they can't do a rigorous process because you need all the information to be rigorous but they are missing so much.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

I think it's more than50/50 that the virus is natural.  haven't looked at it in a while but RNA sequence was strongly felt to be from natural and not synthetic origin.

read section 2.1 - early paper but too tired to look deeper right now.  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7280997/

You should touch base with the FBI and let them know they are going down the wrong path.

#pangolins

• Like (+1) 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JDHillFan said:

You should touch base with the FBI and let them know they are going down the wrong path.

#pangolins

perhaps we should wait and see what the other agencies say:  

Four other intelligence agencies that officials haven’t named and the National Intelligence Council, which conducts long-term strategic analysis, still favor the theory that the virus emerged when it leapt from an animal to a human, though with “low confidence.”   (from the above article)

5-2, natural vs lab origin so not a done deal...I feel "more than 50/50 is supported  that fact 

Edited by redtail hawk

29 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Four other intelligence agencies that officials haven’t named and the National Intelligence Council, which conducts long-term strategic analysis, still favor the theory that the virus emerged when it leapt from an animal to a human, though with “low confidence.”   (from the above article)

5-2, natural vs lab origin so not a done deal...I feel "more than 50/50 is supported  that fact 

Yesterday you were mocking “low confidence”. Apparently it suits you today. No surprise. 

• Agree 3

8 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

Yesterday you were mocking “low confidence”. Apparently it suits you today. No surprise. 

well maybe its because no one really knows, as I previously said.  The RNA sequencing hasn't changed.  but somehow, many on this board no much better than the intelligence agencies and scientists.  weird...

8 hours ago, LeviF said:

Yes because the intelligence apparatus in this country would never lie to the American people. 

conspiracy victim is not a good look

Edited by redtail hawk

55 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

well maybe its because no one really knows, as I previously said.  The RNA sequencing hasn't changed.  but somehow, many on this board no much better than the intelligence agencies and scientists.  weird...

Blind loyalty to voices that have been wrong, is not a good look

remember when they said the Hunter Laptop was russian disinfo?  good times

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chris farley said:

Blind loyalty to voices that have been wrong, is not a good look

remember when they said the Hunter Laptop was russian disinfo?  good times

A simple google search reveals a virtually unlimited menu of government/IC failures and misdeeds, alleged or otherwise.   Be that as it may, the entire post-Trump election dem narrative was based on conspiracy theories that victimized the liberal base when all that happened was that their candidate lost. 

There’s also the Chuck Schumer declaration that the IC has “six ways from Sunday” to get someone if they so desire. 

It’s a fascinating take by @redtail hawk, I’ll give him that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

For me, none of these agency conclusions are very insightful absent details about what evidence, data, and information they gathered and assessed to arrive at a conclusion.  Even with "confidence" level can we verify they all followed the same methodology or criteria in making that determination?  Is it apples apples from one conclusion to another or apples to oranges? 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

A simple google search reveals a virtually unlimited menu of government/IC failures and misdeeds, alleged or otherwise.   Be that as it may, the entire post-Trump election dem narrative was based on conspiracy theories that victimized the liberal base when all that happened was that their candidate lost. 

There’s also the Chuck Schumer declaration that the IC has “six ways from Sunday” to get someone if they so desire. 

It’s a fascinating take by @redtail hawk, I’ll give him that. 

This is extremely well written, I'll give you that.

7 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

I am logical and the chances that a new strain of virus would pop up in the same town as the lab that is working on it would lead a non political hack to state that the lab most likely was the cause. Obviously it could have gone through the market between the lab and spreading around the world but that does not make the lab less responsible.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

I am logical and the chances that a new strain of virus would pop up in the same town as the lab that is working on it would lead a non political hack to state that the lab most likely was the cause. Obviously it could have gone through the market between the lab and spreading around the world but that does not make the lab less responsible.

interesting, plugged this into CharGPT which I am just starting to use more extensively in my work life, and here is what i get

Thank you for sharing your perspective on this issue. While it's true that the coincidence of a new virus strain emerging in close proximity to a lab that is working on similar viruses can be seen as suspicious, it is important to consider all possible explanations and avoid jumping to conclusions without sufficient evidence.

It is possible that the virus was transmitted to humans from an animal source, such as through the wet market that was initially identified as a possible origin. However, it is also possible that the virus accidentally escaped from the lab due to inadequate safety protocols or other factors. Without a thorough investigation and conclusive evidence, it is difficult to say for certain what caused the emergence of the virus.

Regardless of the source of the virus, it is important to focus on finding solutions to mitigate its impact and prevent future pandemics. This includes improving public health infrastructure, investing in research on emerging infectious diseases, and promoting global cooperation and collaboration in pandemic response efforts.

I have read endlessly about Covid for 3 years due to my job and I am convinced it was lab altered.  The genetic sequencing has certain aspects that aren’t in other corona viruses.  I have talked w actual virologists from MIT who felt it was altered in summer on 2020. So this is old news.  I also am not amused by the fact they tried to blame a market 2 miles away from where they have admitted to using gain of function testing on this exact virus. Does that mean the gop was right to call it a democratic hoax?  No both sides are ***** morons. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

#pangolins

Another reason to support democracy. These authoritarian governments run by sh it heads like Putin and Xi do really screwed up things 

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

interesting, plugged this into CharGPT which I am just starting to use more extensively in my work life, and here is what i get

Thank you for sharing your perspective on this issue. While it's true that the coincidence of a new virus strain emerging in close proximity to a lab that is working on similar viruses can be seen as suspicious, it is important to consider all possible explanations and avoid jumping to conclusions without sufficient evidence.

It is possible that the virus was transmitted to humans from an animal source, such as through the wet market that was initially identified as a possible origin. However, it is also possible that the virus accidentally escaped from the lab due to inadequate safety protocols or other factors. Without a thorough investigation and conclusive evidence, it is difficult to say for certain what caused the emergence of the virus.

Regardless of the source of the virus, it is important to focus on finding solutions to mitigate its impact and prevent future pandemics. This includes improving public health infrastructure, investing in research on emerging infectious diseases, and promoting global cooperation and collaboration in pandemic response efforts.

Is chatGPT one large database or do you download your own version? I have not used it yet and I am curious. The response from the computer is basically like arguing with Billsy, why focus on the previous lie when you can look at something else that is not a provable lie.

18 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Is chatGPT one large database or do you download your own version? I have not used it yet and I am curious. The response from the computer is basically like arguing with Billsy, why focus on the previous lie when you can look at something else that is not a provable lie.

You can break its guardrails for “offensive” answers and get truthful ones 

But but but Tucker Carlson!!!

Meanwhile every major corporate media news outlet, not just opinion show hosts, have been demonstrably lying for years...and leftists just dutifully keep right on parroting these proven liars. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

Do not download, just a site. I was not advocating any position with that post. Just amazing how well it works. 

👆🤡

Notice these pawns wouldn’t dare comment on an actual communists?

Fn idiots 

And the outright HYPOCRISY of this freak crying about the “infamous” Twitter files…

You can’t make this up. 

image.thumb.jpeg.39dbb07dda00f90450cf6398662c6a00.jpeg

Edited by BillStime

loved the part where Old Racist Joy said "they want to cherry pick what videos people see so they can paint a false narrative."

Effing epic projection on her part.

as thats exactly what the entire J6 hearing did.

And its on point that the one that calls everyone else idiots, is again referencing the never endling liar that is Ajax as some source.  

Edited by Chris farley
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'll take fascism over communism every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Bolsheviks have already captured just about every federal institution, including the intelligence community.

That's why, even if one day what DeSantis does actually resembles fascism, I won't care.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

US journalists demanding less or restricted access to information. 

Nah they aren't commie activists at all!

Clearly upset that they were going to lose the grip on the narrative.  Meanwhile, didn’t we spend $2.1B to improve security around the Capitol? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1