The American Media Should Not Be Trusted

Remember way back when CNN’s Chris Cillizza infamously tweeted in defense of his profession’s objectivity that “reporters don’t root for a side”? There’s little doubt that Washington Post journalists agree with that, but as is often the case, there seems to be a little bit of rooting for a side in this news story from the WaPo:

And that’s in a “news” story, not an opinion piece

I have noticed that in articles calling Republicans "authoritarian" that they like to mention that those on the right are against mandates, against Build Back Better, and against the government cancelling student debt. Being pro mandate, BBB, and government cancelling certain debts is the definition of Authoritarian. I think journalists needs to learn what words mean

• Like (+1) 3

23 hours ago, Doc said:

I hate the media for trying to stoke racial tensions in an ever more tolerant America.  They've been criminal.

Most folks go through life without a problem with their neighbors or other members of society.  We don’t have rioting or fights on very street corner.  Most men aren’t out abusing women, most women aren’t dumping their children in dumpsters. 

Unfortunately, stories of most folks getting along for decades at a time don’t help to move a product that some people are trying to sell.  

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Most folks go through life without a problem with their neighbors or other members of society.  We don’t have rioting or fights on very street corner.  Most men aren’t out abusing women, most women aren’t dumping their children in dumpsters. 

Unfortunately, stories of most folks getting along for decades at a time don’t help to move a product that some people are trying to sell. 

After years of telling my boss, who formerly was a Dem, that the MSM is liberally slanted, he finally started to realize the truth.  Now I just have to get him to stop voting Dem...

• Like (+1) 2

This article from the Miami Herald is why newspapers are dying. They are either ignorant that the vaccinated are passing it to other vaccinated people at a high rate, which makes their opinion worthless, or they know it but are going to pretend it is not true which makes their opinion disingenuous. Either way their opinion is pretty pathetic.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/thanks-supreme-court-now-free-114111819.html

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

This article from the Miami Herald is why newspapers are dying. They are either ignorant that the vaccinated are passing it to other vaccinated people at a high rate, which makes their opinion worthless, or they know it but are going to pretend it is not true which makes their opinion disingenuous. Either way their opinion is pretty pathetic.

LOL, love this. So you don't think the internet has had anything to do with that? 

😆

29 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I replied to opening comment about newspapers in general. Pay attention, will you? 

Hope you are having a great day there B-Man :) 

No, he was referencing the article in the Miami herald specifically. Not newspaper’s in general. But you already knew that didn’t you?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

LOL, love this. So you don't think the internet has had anything to do with that? 

😆

I actually had a subscription to the Orlando Sentinel until I got sick of the lies, similar to this one. People will pay for access to high quality information but not to pay the salaries of incompetent or disingenuous people.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I replied to opening comment about newspapers in general. Pay attention, will you? 

8 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

This article from the Miami Herald is why newspapers are dying.

They are either ignorant that the vaccinated are passing it to other vaccinated people at a high rate, which makes their opinion worthless, or they know it but are going to pretend it is not true which makes their opinion disingenuous. Either way their opinion is pretty pathetic.

The word "Article" is the SUBJECT of the sentence, not newspapers........basic 5th grade English.

But you (didn't) knew  know that, did you ?

Back to the thread.....

CNN's Ratings Dropped an Astounding 90% After 2021

https://redstate.com/brandon_morse/2022/01/14/cnns-ratings-dropped-an-astounding-90-after-2021-n506745

Edited by B-Man

The insane part of this story is you must believe they can set up a secure line for Sotomayor within a few minutes for her remote choice to be effected by Gorsuch. Also those writing this should know that he Grosuch, and all the Supremes, are tested the day before any court argument. This article is one part fact 5 part lie.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/justice-neil-gorsuch-slammed-not-wearing-mask-endangering-diabetic-sonia-sotomayor-1670586%3famp=1

On 1/14/2022 at 1:20 PM, Big Blitz said:

NY Times wants you scared forever 

"Some experts."

Why don't they ever run the quotes in the headlines of the experts that say "its time to move on?"  

Screenshot_20220114-131332_One UI Home.jpg

The experts that say it’s too soon are likely bought and paid for by Big Pharma, just like Dr. Robert Malone said...To these “experts”, it will always be too soon...😉

Edited by JaCrispy

15 minutes ago, B-Man said:

It's part of the thread to say the Right doesn't like the free press. Obvious! Not criticism of Putin, though

Ideological allies 

More crap reporting from NPR......

Supreme Court Justices Sotomayor, Gorsuch deny reports of mask dispute (usatoday.com)

NPR, citing unnamed sources stands by the crap story.  These media outlets should be forced to reveal their "unnamed sources".  

"Unnamed sources reveal that NPR staff regularly have group sex during lunch, we can't name the sources but that's what we're reporting Bob.....".

Ha ha ha ha

• Like (+1) 2