Covid vaccination policy for NFL players and staff

WhoTom

33 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Incorrect.  If you read the article, you would see that they are still being tested, albeit 1x per week instead of 1x per day.

I know...my point was that fewer tests will equal fewer positive results...

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That seems vindictive.

It's not required for the players at this point, so how can the NFL or the team penalize them for not doing something that's not required?

It's an interesting point. Surely they can't say "Wear this or you're fired." But I wonder if they could say, "Hey, it's our building. If you want in, wear a mask while you're here." 

Probably something about that in some part of some agreement between management and the union. I bet it's perfectly OK to say that, though. They required masks on the sidelines, why not the buildings too.

5 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

A smaller percentage of positives, maybe. Same number of positives, I'd guess, though maybe more tests would mean a few more false positives.

Edited by Thurman#1

All sports starting in the fall should have vaccinations for all players prior to the season starting..this includes football, basketball, hockey in college and pro.

those who got vaccinated now on their own will need to show certificate.they might get a booster shot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Limeaid said:

It is not required due to resistance of union.  They also resist OTAs, penalties for players deliberatrly injuring other players and safety equipment.

Do not think teams should pay for players who do not at least make effort.

They may be in the minority, but there are people who have legitimate medical and or religious reasons for not getting vaccinated. Like basically everything in life, it’s not always cut and dry. 

5 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

When one of the players tested positive last season, testing him every day was not counted as "7 positive results"; he was counted as 1 positive result, usually verified by several tests.  The interval during which an infected player will test positive is longer than 1 week.   Therefore fewer tests will still correlate to the same number of players who test positive whether they test every day, or once a week. 

11 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

It's an interesting point. Surely they can't say "Wear this or you're fired." But I wonder if they could say, "Hey, it's our building. If you want in, wear a mask while you're here." 

Probably something about that in some part of some agreement between management and the union. I bet it's perfectly OK to say that, though. They required masks on the sidelines, why not the buildings too.

We were talking about getting  @Limeaid's notion the teams should withhold pay from an unvaccinated player who tests positive and will be unavailable.

My point is they can't withhold pay for something that's not required.

As far as masks, they were required in the buildings all last season.

19 hours ago, Limeaid said:

It is not required due to resistance of union.  They also resist OTAs, penalties for players deliberatrly injuring other players and safety equipment.

Do not think teams should pay for players who do not at least make effort.

Well it could also be argued that players are constantly fined and suspended for non approved drugs in their system, so asking them to take an experimental vax is a real issue.

24 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Well it could also be argued that players are constantly fined and suspended for non approved drugs in their system, so asking them to take an experimental vax is a real issue.

Anything can be argued like P*ts are not cheaters.  Some will look for support for reasons far fetched as long as it matches their opinion.