Georgia election laws and MLB

51 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Stacey Adams

One of your puppet masters ‘good guys’.... 🤣 can’t even get her name right.

Your Naivety is cute alt left sheep bot. 

You keep insisting to brand people to into your simple construct of the world to promulgate your simple minded programmed good verses evil narratives.  

hook line & sinker. 🐑 

Bottled water!!!! Fraud!!!! Racism!!!!!! Supremacists!!!!!  Dooooooom!!!! Oh and your fanboy favorite the orange Don, your obsession!

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

One of your puppet masters ‘good guys’.... 🤣 

Your Naivety is cute alt left sheep bot. 

You keep insisting to brand people to into your simple construct of the world to promulgate your simple minded programmed good verses evil narratives.  

hook line & sinker. 🐑 

Bottled water!!!! Fraud!!!! Racism!!!!!! Supremacists!!!!!  Dooooooom!!!! Oh and your fanboy favorite the orange Don, your obsession!

lmao - lol - try harder to ridicule me fan boy - it’s not working. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

lmao - lol - try harder to ridicule me fan boy - it’s not working. 

You’ve the better part of the week to explain to us all what makes this Bill racist so I think you’re confused, making stuff up or you have your partisan blinders on. 

How’s that?  

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You’ve the better part of the week to explain to us all what makes this Bill racist so I think you’re confused, making stuff up or you have your partisan blinders on. 

How’s that?  

Go back and look at my history - I’ve been consistent; just like you have been consistent that racism doesn’t exist. 

Just now, BillStime said:

Go back and look at my history - I’ve been consistent; just like you have been consistent that racism doesn’t exist. 

A.  Have you been consistent in that this Bill is racist? Check 

B.  Have you  been consistent in your inability to identify exactly what makes the Bill racist?  Check 

C.  Have I never once uttered the words (search is your friend) “racism doesn’t exist”?  Check 

You lose an argument then you make ***** up. This is really sad my friend. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

A.  Have you been consistent in that this Bill is racist? Check 

B.  Have you  been consistent in your inability to identify exactly what makes the Bill racist?  Check 

C.  Have I never once uttered the words (search is your friend) “racism doesn’t exist”?  Check 

You lose an argument then you make ***** up. This is really sad my friend. 

You won’t acknowledge what I consider in the bill to be racist - because you can’t justify the existence of this specially formed committee that is set up to pick and choose which results to certify.

Keep trying Jim. 

9 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You won’t acknowledge what I consider in the bill to be racist - because you can’t justify the existence of this specially formed committee that is set up to pick and choose which results to certify.

Keep trying Jim. 

How is it targetind black people? Not imaginary targeting. ACTUAL targeting. 

I don’t think you actually know what racism is. 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Wacka said:

TDS is like terminal syphilis, it turns your brain to swiss cheese. 

This is what this has turned into- somehow Trump is responsible. No one has shown one way the bill is racist and those that attack it have had to say that election security is not important. In fact most people attacking it have stated that unless you can prove major voting anomalies in the 2020 election any further security is improper. 

13 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

You support the law.  The law makes it harder for some to vote.  The only reason the law was written was because Trump trumped up false charges about fraud, which I have not seen you acknowledge.  Where have I lied?

If you were not a long time poster I would assume you were simply a troll. Elections security is ONLY because of Trump? There is NO evidence of election fraud? As for your lie, you lied about me, you stated I supported Trump's claim about the election when I stated the opposite, and your entire premise is based on Trump. An intelligent person will look at this election with all of its problems and try to fix them, even though it does not change what happened in November. But you have been clear that any election security is bigoted and no evidence is needed, along with that Trump is still living in your head because every attack was centered around him.

10 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

How is it targetind black people? Not imaginary targeting. ACTUAL targeting. 

I don’t think you actually know what racism is. 

What’s your definition of racism? Maybe that’s the issue? We have people on here saying it’s racist. We have black people in GA saying it’s racist. But if there definition doesn’t match yours, maybe that’s the disconnect?

Maybe it’s a burden of proof thing for me but when a class of people are saying hey this discriminated against us and I’m not part of that class, I’d tend to believe them over my opinion that more than likely can’t see issues that so and so class would see since I’m not part of such class.

When the Bills play the Patriots, I think we all assume they cheat. When the Republicans make an election bill/decision it’s not like there isn’t very recent precedents of them being racist. Just look at North Carolina gerrymandering that got destroyed in the courts due to it being extremely racist.

5 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

If you were not a long time poster I would assume you were simply a troll. Elections security is ONLY because of Trump? There is NO evidence of election fraud? As for your lie, you lied about me, you stated I supported Trump's claim about the election when I stated the opposite, and your entire premise is based on Trump. An intelligent person will look at this election with all of its problems and try to fix them, even though it does not change what happened in November. But you have been clear that any election security is bigoted and no evidence is needed, along with that Trump is still living in your head because every attack was centered around him.

There was no problem with the 2020 election.  The DOJ, the courts, state audits, and such all confirm that.  That is what I base my premise on.    Intelligent people look at actual data and that is what the data tell us.  You keep claiming there were problems with the election, that there was fraud, when there were not; the only reason to think that is because of the lie that Trump promulgated. You claim there was fraud with absolutely no evidence of such, and because of that the only logical conclusion to be drawn is you believe the lie.  Show me your data, not just conjecture but actual data to back up your claim of fraud that could have affected the outcome, because those who looked into it (Georgia did three separate audits as an example) found nothing to support your accusation.  Was there maybe a few fraudulent votes?  Perhaps. But historically the percentage of fraudulent votes is like 0.00001%.    

I keep telling you that you can’t just say 2+2=5 just because you feel like that’s true.  That is what you are doing here. 

6 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

This is what this has turned into- somehow Trump is responsible. No one has shown one way the bill is racist and those that attack it have had to say that election security is not important. In fact most people attacking it have stated that unless you can prove major voting anomalies in the 2020 election any further security is improper. 

It is racist because it targets districts with a higher percentage of black voters.  The number of drop boxes in counties such as Gwinnett have been lowered.  The Republican legislature can decide a county’s vote is questionable and throw out legally cast votes should they choose; that will potentially affect Democratic counties which have higher populations of black voters.  It will be harder for those of color to get proper IDs.  

The vote in 2020 was not improper.  You need to step back and accept that as reality.  Republican candidates lost the Presidential vote as well as both Senate seats in Georgia, the state officials and audits all confirm that, and as a result all these changes to the law took place.  The claim that it is to improve election security is based on a lie by Trump, which is being supported by state Republican legislators to n a number of states because they are afraid of Trump for some bizarre reason.  That is the political reality.  Wake up and ask yourself: if the election laws were so bad in Georgia, why did the arepublican governor and legislature wait to change them till after this election?  The answer a nor fraud, it is politics.

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

It is racist because it targets districts with a higher percentage of black voters.  The number of drop boxes in counties such as Gwinnett have been lowered.  The Republican legislature can decide a county’s vote is questionable and throw out legally cast votes should they choose; that will potentially affect Democratic counties which have higher populations of black voters.  It will be harder for those of color to get proper IDs.  

The vote in 2020 was not improper.  You need to step back and accept that as reality.  Republican candidates lost the Presidential vote as well as both Senate seats in Georgia, the state officials and audits all confirm that, and as a result all these changes to the law took place.  The claim that it is to improve election security is based on a lie by Trump, which is being supported by state Republican legislators to n a number of states because they are afraid of Trump for some bizarre reason.  That is the political reality.  Wake up and ask yourself: if the election laws were so bad in Georgia, why did the arepublican governor and legislature wait to change them till after this election?  The answer a nor fraud, it is politics.

While I agree with some of your posts and disagree with others I disagree as many suggest that the motivation behind any real or alleged bias in the GA bill is some implicit or explicit attempt at racism.  Any and all motivations real or imagined are political.  And the fact that the majority of African-Americans in the districts you suggest are disenfranchised by the bill vote for Democratic candidates is the only motivating factor.  The fact the majority of the voters in these districts are black is coincidental and irrelevant to the motive.  

If the voters in these specific districts cast their ballots 90-10 for Republican candidates do you think some racist behavior meant to hurt minority citizens would be a motive for the specifics of the bill? 

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

There was no problem with the 2020 election.  The DOJ, the courts, state audits, and such all confirm that.  That is what I base my premise on.    Intelligent people look at actual data and that is what the data tell us.  You keep claiming there were problems with the election, that there was fraud, when there were not; the only reason to think that is because of the lie that Trump promulgated. You claim there was fraud with absolutely no evidence of such, and because of that the only logical conclusion to be drawn is you believe the lie.  Show me your data, not just conjecture but actual data to back up your claim of fraud that could have affected the outcome, because those who looked into it (Georgia did three separate audits as an example) found nothing to support your accusation.  Was there maybe a few fraudulent votes?  Perhaps. But historically the percentage of fraudulent votes is like 0.00001%.    

I keep telling you that you can’t just say 2+2=5 just because you feel like that’s true.  That is what you are doing here. 

Maybe I’ve been asking the wrong questions because you seem to the one doing the math here.  

Where are the rulings of the courts, the notes, memorandums, letters, forensic review, and litigation that ties the bill in Georgia directly to the/a “lie that Trump promulgated”.  That would be the data set here.   Up until now, it seems you’re emotionally overreacting.

There’s history here.  I recall a discussion about mass protests and your hesitancy to criticize with respect to the spread of COVID.  I pointed out that when considered as a whole, all the dangerous activities we were advised would hasten the spread—-lack of social distancing, multiple people from different households in close proximity, travel from point A to point B, use of public transportation, animated social interaction, lack of mask discipline etc were replicated tens of thousands of times over in each protest.  

You initially insisted on a data set to review, then ultimately indicated that maybe the protests might contribute to the spread.  

So, enough with the conjecture—you’re the data guy.  Where’s the data set? No emotion required. 

16 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

While I agree with some of your posts and disagree with others I disagree as many suggest that the motivation behind any real or alleged bias in the GA bill is some implicit or explicit attempt at racism.  Any and all motivations real or imagined are political.  And the fact that the majority of African-Americans in the districts you suggest are disenfranchised by the bill vote for Democratic candidates is the only motivating factor.  The fact the majority of the voters in these districts are black is coincidental and irrelevant to the motive.  

If the voters in these specific districts cast their ballots 90-10 for Republican candidates do you think some racist behavior meant to hurt minority citizens would be a motive for the specifics of the bill? 

To answer your question in the last paragraph, yes.

16 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Maybe I’ve been asking the wrong questions because you seem to the one doing the math here.  

Where are the rulings of the courts, the notes, memorandums, letters, forensic review, and litigation that ties the bill in Georgia directly to the/a “lie that Trump promulgated”.  That would be the data set here.   Up until now, it seems you’re emotionally overreacting.

There’s history here.  I recall a discussion about mass protests and your hesitancy to criticize with respect to the spread of COVID.  I pointed out that when considered as a whole, all the dangerous activities we were advised would hasten the spread—-lack of social distancing, multiple people from different households in close proximity, travel from point A to point B, use of public transportation, animated social interaction, lack of mask discipline etc were replicated tens of thousands of times over in each protest.  

You initially insisted on a data set to review, then ultimately indicated that maybe the protests might contribute to the spread.  

So, enough with the conjecture—you’re the data guy.  Where’s the data set? No emotion required. 

The data set is in the number of audits performed by the states, none of which found fraud.  In the review by the DOJ, which did not find fraud.  In the over 60 court cases brought which did not find fraud.  For the Georgia law specifically, three separate audits were conducted of I believe Gwinnett county and all of the found no fraud.

If you want to claim fraud, you have the burden of proof.  There was no evidence of such.  Where is the data to show fraud?

9 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

What’s your definition of racism? Maybe that’s the issue? We have people on here saying it’s racist. We have black people in GA saying it’s racist. But if there definition doesn’t match yours, maybe that’s the disconnect?

Maybe it’s a burden of proof thing for me but when a class of people are saying hey this discriminated against us and I’m not part of that class, I’d tend to believe them over my opinion that more than likely can’t see issues that so and so class would see since I’m not part of such class.

When the Bills play the Patriots, I think we all assume they cheat. When the Republicans make an election bill/decision it’s not like there isn’t very recent precedents of them being racist. Just look at North Carolina gerrymandering that got destroyed in the courts due to it being extremely racist.

My definition was found right in my post you quoted.  When something is done or put in place that is purposely targeting a specific race in an adverse way.  The key words are “purposely targeting”.   Disproportionately and adversely affects a race only works if you can prove it was done on purpose.  That definition would make something like a regressive tax such as a gas tax racist.  They are unfair in my mind however they are not racist. Just not well thought out. So call this Bill not well thought out or rammed through the legislature but don’t call it racist.

Now having said that can ANYONE calling this Bill racist (let alone Jim Crow on steroids) point out how this Bill fits that

definition?  None have even TRIED let

alone been successful. 

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

You really are a racist if you think black people are too dumb or incompetent to get an ID. As I stated MULTIPLE times to you the 2020 election has been decided but you still continue lying about me. There is nothing in the bill that allows someone to throw out a legally cast ballot, that is a lie. Lastly why did they wait till after the election? Do you realize how many emergency provisions were added in during 2020 to help with the vote? There was gonna be changes. I though do hope you boycott us in FL because we require similar things to vote, though our minorities are capable of figuring it out 

4 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

It is racist because it targets districts with a higher percentage of black voters.  The number of drop boxes in counties such as Gwinnett have been lowered.  

This does not pass my definition.  And please point out to me where in this Bill it reduces the number of drop boxes.  I'll wait......

Again has NOBODY read this thing??