Georgia election laws and MLB

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Jim - is Georgia’s population growing? How many companies are moving to the Atlanta metro?

Why would a growing state close voting sites?

Save money. They weren’t up to code. More people voting absentee. Many of the closures were in rural poor areas that didn’t have the municipal tax base so they shut them down. 

But you keep thinking that the decisions to close these sites were made in smoke filled rooms by Republicans who woke up that morning and said “we’re going to make it more difficult for black people to vote.”  If that makes you feel better. Have at it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Save money. They weren’t up to code. More people voting absentee. Many of the closures were in rural poor areas that didn’t have the municipal tax base so they shut them down. 

But you keep thinking that the decisions to close these sites were made in smoke filled rooms by Republicans who woke up that morning and said “we’re going to make it more difficult for black people to vote.”  If that makes you feel better. Have at it. 

It’s funny - when presented with facts about questionable decisions - you make excuses for those white guys signing laws making it harder for minorities to vote.

It is no coincidence, Jim, that in places with a history of discrimination in voting we see this as a tactic that is leveraged again and again.

9 hours ago, BillStime said:

This is a good thing.  It will remove all the gratuitous, constant, and dramatic invocation of racism as the cause of everything and facilitate legal examination of legislation.  Debated and decided in the courts through rational and fact based evidence and testimony rather than through public and private virtue signalling supported by constant one-side subjective MSM propaganda.  

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

It’s funny - when presented with facts about questionable decisions - you make excuses for those white guys signing laws making it harder for minorities to vote.

It is no coincidence, Jim, that in places with a history of discrimination in voting we see this as a tactic that is leveraged again and again.

Your "facts" point to racism in your mind.   See facts often times lead to proof, which leads to guilt.  It's called the burden of proof.  You have only facts and you have drawn a line directly to guilt completely bypassing the proof.   So because of that you have guilty only in your mind.   Come back when you have proof.  Emails, phone calls, witnesses etc.  Until then continue to falsely accuse others of racism.  It's not a good look man. 

45 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Your "facts" point to racism in your mind.   See facts often times lead to proof, which leads to guilt.  It's called the burden of proof.  You have only facts and you have drawn a line directly to guilt completely bypassing the proof.   So because of that you have guilty only in your mind.   Come back when you have proof.  Emails, phone calls, witnesses etc.  Until then continue to falsely accuse others of racism.  It's not a good look man. 

HA - all the facts in the world mean nothing to someone who denies racism exists. 

200+ sites closed in predominantly black communities and how many reopened in this bill? 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886l65aoq3r5jll6rwa5s

How many entries and pages and pages of you dismissing anything and everything related to race?

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886zy8fdivao12224vkdz

8 minutes ago, BillStime said:

HA - all the facts in the world mean nothing to someone who denies racism exists. 

200+ sites closed in predominantly black communities and how many reopened in this bill? 

How many entries and pages and pages of you dismissing anything and everything related to race?

Hey memeboy.  Racism does exist.  And for you to assume i think it doesn't makes you a real #######.  I dismiss anything and everything related to race?  More assholery.  I've been very clear.  Calling things such as this bill racism and Jim Crow on steroids takes away from actual racism and downplays the experiences of those actually affected by Jim Crow.  

If it makes you feel better to make ***** up about people you do not know have at it.  It may make you feel better but makes you a fool.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Hey memeboy.  Racism does exist.  And for you to assume i think it doesn't makes you a real #######.  I dismiss anything and everything related to race?  More assholery.  I've been very clear.  Calling things such as this bill racism and Jim Crow on steroids takes away from actual racism and downplays the experiences of those actually affected by Jim Crow.  

If it makes you feel better to make ***** up about people you do not know have at it.  It may make you feel better but makes you a fool.  

The fool is you. Go do a search on your own rhetoric here. 

Georgia has a history of disenfranchising minority voters - what changed? 

Nothing 

Edited by BillStime

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

The fool is you. Go do a search on your own rhetoric here. 

Georgia has a history of disenfranchising minority of voters - what changed? 

Nothing 

I see. So your "proof" this Bill is racist is that past performance ALWAYS predicts current performance.  

Let me ask you. If the Bill had required opening some of those shuttered sites would you still consider it racist?  

@BillStime

You originally accused this Bill of being racist due to the what it did. Once all those were dispelled you are now accusing it of being racist for what it DIDN'T do.  Good job coming up with an argument that can't be dispelled...but also not proven either. 

Carry on..... 

7 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I see. So your "proof" this Bill is racist is that past performance ALWAYS predicts current performance.  

Let me ask you. If the Bill had required opening some of those shuttered sites would you still consider it racist?  

Once a racist - always a racist.

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

@BillStime

You originally accused this Bill of being racist due to the what it did. Once all those were dispelled you are now accusing it of being racist for what it DIDN'T do.  Good job coming up with an argument that can't be dispelled...but also not proven either. 

Carry on..... 

But don’t forget the bill did include stipulations about water and food - oh, and made no attempt to even the access to sites across all counties.

And then the cherry on top? A special little select committee made up of the majority ruling party to override county officials for any reason and throw away votes.

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

@BillStime

Carry on..... 

Why are chef hats white, Jim?  White.  Think about it vis a vis the food supply and sustenance.  Who’s fooling who? 

While I’m at it, why are chicken fingers called fingers?  This isn’t a racial question, I’m just pretty sure chickens don’t have fingers. 

Just now, BillStime said:

But don’t forget the bill did include stipulations about water and food - oh, and made no attempt to even the access to sites across all counties.

And then the cherry on top? A special little select committee made up of the majority ruling party to override county officials for any reason and throw away votes.

Food and water dispelled over and over again. Keep spreading false narratives.

So how is the second thing you've been railing about racists besides in your tiny mind?  Here's a clue.  It's not and you nave zero proof it is.  You really seem to have no idea what actual racism looks, smells or tastes like.  I guess that's because you've probably lived in your liberal ivory tower and have not experienced racism first hand like I have.  

When you keep seeing racism where there is not proof of it existing then when you point out actually racism no one will believe you.  

@BillStime  the little boy who cried racism!! 

Just now, BillStime said:

I have to call out some inconsistency.  The liberals among us here are always preaching about democracy and the rule of the majority.  Like eliminating the filibuster in the Senate because it gets in the way of "democracy".  The will of the people should not be blocked by the minority is the argument.   So in the case of Georgia voting law isn't this the will of the majority?  Isn't that what you guys want?  Democracy consistent with majority rule.  And fact is a majority of Georgia voters elected the Governor and members of the State legislature.

You likely have no protest about the HR 1 Federal voting legislation trouncing on the States Constitutional rights to set election law but you're going to argue its not proper for the State of Georgia to override county officials? 

I don't mind anyone arguing against the law under the pretext it is somehow unfair but I smell the odor of duplicity when it comes to the democratic process.  The message when it works for you then you like it and when it doesn't work for you then you don't like it.   

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Food and water dispelled over and over again. Keep spreading false narratives.

So how is the second thing you've been railing about racists besides in your tiny mind?  Here's a clue.  It's not and you nave zero proof it is.  You really seem to have no idea what actual racism looks, smells or tastes like.  I guess that's because you've probably lived in your liberal ivory tower and have not experienced racism first hand like I have.  

When you keep seeing racism where there is not proof of it existing then when you point out actually racism no one will believe you.  

@BillStime  the little boy who cried racism!! 

You’re getting desperate Jim. It’s laughable. 

Have you thought about going back for good to hang with the other supremacists at billsfans? 

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

You’re getting desperate Jim. It’s laughable. 

Have you thought about going back for good to hang with the other supremacists at billsfans? 

Desperate?  Nah, you're the one regurgitating disproven parts of the Bill.  You have zero proof of the Bill being racist.  The onus is on you and you have failed miserably.  

So now I'm a racist AND a white supremacist?

We're done here.  

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I have to call out some inconsistency.  The liberals among us here are always preaching about democracy and the rule of the majority.  Like eliminating the filibuster in the Senate because it gets in the way of "democracy".  The will of the people should not be blocked by the minority is the argument.   So in the case of Georgia voting law isn't this the will of the majority?  Isn't that what you guys want?  Democracy consistent with majority rule.  And fact is a majority of Georgia voters elected the Governor and members of the State legislature.

You likely have no protest about the HR 1 Federal voting legislation trouncing on the States Constitutional rights to set election law but you're going to argue its not proper for the State of Georgia to override county officials? 

I don't mind anyone arguing against the law under the pretext it is somehow unfair but I smell the odor of duplicity when it comes to the democratic process.  The message when it works for you then you like it and when it doesn't work for you then you don't like it.   

Isn’t there supposed to be some form

of integrity when it comes to voting? Checks and balances in the process? The blue counties and election boards have been castrated with this bill.

We will never be able to remove the racist nature of this bill - but not focusing on the true issue of this bill - the outright power grab is ludicrous.

And yes - all the memes and tweets that GQP supporters posting here highlighting the disparities of voting laws between blue and red states drives home the point that universal voting laws are required.

Just curious - do you think gerrymandering should be removed as a tool for both parties? 

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Desperate?  Nah, you're the one regurgitating disproven parts of the Bill.  You have zero proof of the Bill being racist.  The onus is on you and you have failed miserably.  

So now I'm a racist AND a white supremacist?

We're done here.  

Bye Jimmmmmmmy!!!

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Isn’t there supposed to be some form

of integrity when it comes to voting? Checks and balances in the process? The blue counties and election boards have been castrated with this bill.

We will never be able to remove the racist nature of this bill - but not focusing on the true issue of this bill - the outright power grab is ludicrous.

And yes - all the memes and tweets that GQP supporters posting here highlighting the disparities of voting laws between blue and red states drives home the point that universal voting laws are required.

Just curious - do you think gerrymandering should be removed as a tool for both parties? 

You are 100% right that I will never be able to remove the racist nature of the Bill because it doesn't exist and you've not proven it beyond conjecture and your own bias towards Republicans, especially white Republicans.  Gee...who's the true bigot in this fight?  You may think I'm a racist but what is know in this whole argument is you are truly a bigot.  Congrats. 

Of course I'm against Gerrymandering. I always have been.  What's the point of that question?  

12 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You are 100% right that I will never be able to remove the racist nature of the Bill because it doesn't exist and you've not proven it beyond conjecture and your own bias towards Republicans, especially white Republicans.  Gee...who's the true bigot in this fight?  You may think I'm a racist but what is know in this whole argument is you are truly a bigot.  Congrats. 

Of course I'm against Gerrymandering. I always have been.  What's the point of that question?  

I thought you walked away... dejected because you believe racism is a fantasy.

You can call me all the names in the book Jim - I don’t care. 

FWIW, my reply above was to a different poster on this board.

Edited by BillStime