Georgia election laws and MLB

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Why apologize?  You've heard the saying "The soft bigotry of lowered expectations"?  That's precisely what's in play here.

Because I don't believe he is a racist, a buffoon yes, but not a racist.

Just now, wnyguy said:

Because I don't believe he is a racist, a buffoon yes, but not a racist.

That's why it's called "soft bigotry."  They don't think they are and vociferously claim they aren't...but they are.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

That's why it's called "soft bigotry."  They don't think they are and vociferously claim they aren't...but they are.

This is hilarious... you're hoping this grows legs and I gracefully go away.  I will not.

I'm not going to apologize to those who defend the powers that cut over 240 polling stations in Georgia - and not replace any of them in this bill.

I've never once made excuses for POC - never once suggested they were not capable to jump through the additional hoops to vote - and none of you can and/or have YET to point or quote an instance where I did...

So keep going on and on and on - everyone can see what you're doing here - and are going out of your way to defend these disgraceful laws that suppress the vote - because that's the only reason why these laws are coming about.

Carry on...

4 hours ago, wnyguy said:

I apologized to Billstime because I think calling a person a racist is being done so haphazardly lately that it loses it's real meaning. I realize he has no problem calling those that disagree with him racists or white supremacists but to do that back makes me no better than him. 

That’s a fair point. There should be a better term to categorize the mentality that an entire racial demographic is less capable than ones own.

i think they mean well and want to help, it’s just misguided.  

3 hours ago, Doc said:

There it is. 

On 4/8/2021 at 12:15 PM, BillStime said:

Oh, no matter what you say, Jim - this law does target a specific group of voters - there is no other reason why this new law exists. 

You call it whatever you want that helps you sleep at night.

And if you don't think the legislature's specially chosen Election Committee isn't going to exercise their right to RIGHT SIZE and disqualify votes - you're dreaming and minimizing the impact of this law - because we already know historically (esp in the South) that they will disenfranchise a very targeted group of voters in very specific (blue) counties.

And as proud as you are that the law addresses long lines - there is NOTHING those points can do to counter the fact that ruling party closed over 200 voting sites in the past four years with no intention of replacing them.

I appreciate how hard you try to dispel the racist intent in this law but it is clear that EVERYONE is entrenched in their perspective and no one here is going to sway those opinions.

^Here’s one that took 5 seconds that contradicts this: 

18 hours ago, BillStime said:

False - and you know that. I never generalized about a whole race like you just implied.

Keep trying Mister Independent.

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Not even remotely close to what you were implying last night when you were wasted.

Like I said - keep trying. 

I keep trying to convince myself to listen to you and your ilk because it’s important to understand all perspectives. But you’re a pathological liar, there is no value or integrity left to harvest here.

You’re dead to me.  

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I keep trying to convince myself to listen to you and your ilk because it’s important to understand all perspectives. But you’re a pathological liar, there is no value or integrity left to harvest here.

Still lashing out - making yourself look more and more pathetic.

Keep going Mister Independent bot - you can do it!   

If a picture voter ID card is the best solution they can come up with in the year 2021, then they clearly lack imagination.  People make large cashless transactions every single day with a card WITH NO PICTURE.  Heck, many are done over the internet with numbers only.  There is FAR more fraud in that than there is in voting, but for some reason, you don't have to pull out your ID every time a transaction takes place.  Kinda makes ya go hmmm.   I'm 100% for an authentification system that is more clever than me using my brother's ID to cast a fraudulent vote.  Honestly, how many people even look like their ID?  Stupid solutions to please stupid people, imo.  

Edited by daz28
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, daz28 said:

If a picture voter ID card is the best solution they can come up with in the year 2021, then they clearly lack imagination.  People make large transactions of cash every single day with a card WITH NO PICTURE.  Heck, many are done over the internet with numbers only.  There is FAR more fraud in that than there is in voting, but for some reason, you don't have to pull out your ID every time a transaction takes place.  Kinda makes ya go hmmm.   I'm 100% for an authentification system that is more clever than me using my brother's ID to cast a fraudulent vote.  Honestly, how many people even look like their ID?  Stupid solutions to please stupid people, imo.  

It’s not even looking like our ID. They are matching up your signature on your mail in ballot with your signature on file at the DMV.   If they have you on file at the DMV to match signatures why not just use your Driver Licence number? 

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

It’s not even looking like our ID. They are matching up your signature on your mail in ballot with your signature on file at the DMV.   If they have you on file at the DMV to match signatures why not just use your Driver Licence number? 

Why not just do something that's more 21st century?  They manage to keep trillions of dollars safe everyday.  All the systems they are using are stupid, but because everything is political now, nothing can ever change for the better.

57 minutes ago, daz28 said:

If a picture voter ID card is the best solution they can come up with in the year 2021, then they clearly lack imagination.  People make large transactions of cash every single day with a card WITH NO PICTURE.  Heck, many are done over the internet with numbers only.  There is FAR more fraud in that than there is in voting, but for some reason, you don't have to pull out your ID every time a transaction takes place.  Kinda makes ya go hmmm.   I'm 100% for an authentification system that is more clever than me using my brother's ID to cast a fraudulent vote.  Honestly, how many people even look like their ID?  Stupid solutions to please stupid people, imo.  

Where are you doing large transactions in cash? In the past ten years I have not done a single transaction in cash over $100. Every account I had to open to do all the larger things require picture ID to open. So I might be missing something but where do you use cash?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Where are you doing large transactions in cash? In the past ten years I have not done a single transaction in cash over $100. Every account I had to open to do all the larger things require picture ID to open. So I might be missing something but where do you use cash?

I meant cashless. Thank you for pointing that out.

1 hour ago, daz28 said:

If a picture voter ID card is the best solution they can come up with in the year 2021, then they clearly lack imagination.  People make large cashless transactions every single day with a card WITH NO PICTURE.  Heck, many are done over the internet with numbers only.  There is FAR more fraud in that than there is in voting, but for some reason, you don't have to pull out your ID every time a transaction takes place.  Kinda makes ya go hmmm.   I'm 100% for an authentification system that is more clever than me using my brother's ID to cast a fraudulent vote.  Honestly, how many people even look like their ID?  Stupid solutions to please stupid people, imo.  

Yeah, and there's absolutely no fraud going on there...

25 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, and there's absolutely no fraud going on there...

I said there was MORE fraud there, yet there is less insistence on ID.  That was the whole gist

22 minutes ago, daz28 said:

I said there was MORE fraud there, yet there is less insistence on ID.  That was the whole gist

If the payees were the ones getting defrauded, you can bet your life they'd change it.  As it stands, they get their money and the payor is the one takes the risk.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, daz28 said:

There is multiple levels of verification for all large transactions, when I buy a car I have to show my license to get it, to buy a house, anything over $2500 usually they want a picture ID. In order to set up the bank account I had to have a picture ID, and my account is set to notify me if anything over my mortgage goes out. I am still missing where you buy large things without showing ID. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

There is multiple levels of verification for all large transactions, when I buy a car I have to show my license to get it, to buy a house, anything over $2500 usually they want a picture ID. In order to set up the bank account I had to have a picture ID, and my account is set to notify me if anything over my mortgage goes out. I am still missing where you buy large things without showing ID. 

I could spend $5000 on Amazon right this second with one click.  Surely you know this.  Someone else with the same numbers I use to buy something can do it just as easily.  Fraud is rampant.  The question is, even though there is virtually zero voter fraud, why can I(or someone pretending to be me) make that purchase with no issues, when my vote is so scrutinized? 

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

I could spend $5000 on Amazon right this second with one click.  Surely you know this.  Someone else with the same numbers I use to buy something can do it just as easily.  Fraud is rampant.  The question is, even though there is virtually zero voter fraud, why can I(or someone pretending to be me) make that purchase with no issues, when my vote is so scrutinized? 

Your vote is scrutinized because it effects how trillions of dollars are spent, not a few thousand. Also I have recieved a call from my credit card company when I was in Europe and forget to mention one of the countries on my itinerary. Your argument that there is no voter fraud is just none that can be proven but as I have asked many times, why do we match signatures? It is to find fraud and many elections have enough spoiled ballots to change the results. To pretend that having an ID is an imposition is pathetic.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Timmy said:

Your vote is scrutinized because it effects how trillions of dollars are spent, not a few thousand. Also I have recieved a call from my credit card company when I was in Europe and forget to mention one of the countries on my itinerary. Your argument that there is no voter fraud is just none that can be proven but as I have asked many times, why do we match signatures? It is to find fraud and many elections have enough spoiled ballots to change the results. To pretend that having an ID is an imposition is pathetic.

My vote hasn't mattered in my entire life.  It's as worthless as the ballot it's written on(thanks electoral college).  If your trying to say that there's as much "unproven" voter fraud as there is actual monetary fraud, then this conversation is over.  My vote, even if counted, doesn't effect trillions of dollars.  LOL

Now let's get back to my original point.  If they can be laissez faire with my financial information, why are a handful of votes SOOO important.  

11 minutes ago, daz28 said:

My vote hasn't mattered in my entire life.  It's as worthless as the ballot it's written on(thanks electoral college).  If your trying to say that there's as much "unproven" voter fraud as there is actual monetary fraud, then this conversation is over.  My vote, even if counted, doesn't effect trillions of dollars.  LOL

Now let's get back to my original point.  If they can be laissez faire with my financial information, why are a handful of votes SOOO important.  

ignoring the presidential race, in FL in 2018 if 18000 votes were flipped we would have Gov Gilliam and my life would have sucked for the past year but since we do have good voter verification we know we have the governor we voted for and my life was better than at least 45 other states. This is not only about presidents since rarely one state decides it.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

ignoring the presidential race, in FL in 2018 if 18000 votes were flipped we would have Gov Gilliam and my life would have sucked for the past year but since we do have good voter verification we know we have the governor we voted for and my life was better than at least 45 other states. This is not only about presidents since rarely one state decides it.

1 in 3 Americans have suffered identity theft.  Would Gilliam have "sucked" worse than that????

4 minutes ago, daz28 said:

1 in 3 Americans have suffered identity theft.  Would Gilliam have "sucked" worse than that????

You're unwittingly making the case for more secure elections.  Just because your financial information is at risk doesn't mean it's OK for everything to be at risk and/or it's not correct for them to keep trying to make it more secure.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

You're unwittingly making the case for more secure elections.  Just because your financial information is at risk doesn't mean it's OK for everything to be at risk and/or it's not correct for them to keep trying to make it more secure.

Not unwittingly.  You must not have seen this post:

3 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Yeah, I saw that as it's what started this whole nonsense.  Again people will try and defraud anything they can if there's something in it for them.  It doesn't mean you don't continue to try and make it more secure and there are limits to what can be done.

19 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Comparing financial transactions to elections is comparing apples to monkey wrenches. 

15 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Comparing financial transactions to elections is comparing apples to monkey wrenches. 

When you start with a silly premise like "there's 33% fraud with online purchases because they don't require ID, so why should we bother asking for ID when voting..."

Edited by Doc

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

We're comparing security to security in the 21st century.  An ID card is not a 21st centruy solution.

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Comparing security to security.

3 hours ago, Doc said:

When you start with a silly premise like "there's 33% fraud with online purchases because they don't require ID, so why should we bother asking for ID when voting..."

What;s silly about identity theft?  It's 1 in 3.  Look it up.  Chalk it upto the payee/payer, but it's a CRIME, and it happens every minute.  Supposed maybe voter fraud has never even once dreamt of being an issue.  Fabrication for the masses.  If you say it's real long enough, people will believe it.  

• Eyeroll 1

9 hours ago, daz28 said:

We're comparing security to security in the 21st century.  An ID card is not a 21st centruy solution.

Financial transactions come with a risk.  Why cc companies charge very high interest rates.  Those risks can be mitigated by the high rates/fees and insurances.  It’s all part of the process and is baked into the transactions and the industry as a whole.  

Casting a ballot also comes with a risk of course but the question is not how do we compensate for it but how do we do the best we can to reduce it to the lowest level. 

Apples and monkey wrenches 

Just over 40,000 “ votes” ( probably on unverifiable paper ballots” in two states are the reason President Trump is not protecting our democracy from the liberal mob. It’s far less than instances of credit card fraud etc but it has a HUGE impact on our freedom. It’s essential to have election security so this never happens again 

9 minutes ago, BillStime said:

How many drop boxes were there prior to the primaries in 2020?  How many mail boxes and post offices are found in the Metro ATL area?  What was the purpose of the drop boxes in 2020?   

Do you check under your bed every night for boogey men too?  How many of them do you find.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1