Georgia election laws and MLB

17 minutes ago, The Governor said:

The only reason to match signatures is to throw out votes. 

OR...................or, ..........to verify that a legal vote has been cast.

but that never occurred to you.

No, you still haven’t answered the question.  You spoke of “chaos.”  I still see no evidence of chaos.  Long lines are not chaos.  And, certification takes time.  In New York State it takes around a month, and nobody in the history of New York State politics has had a problem with that.  

So I ask again.  Where’s the chaos, and what problem was this law designed to address?  Chef Jim Crow, the floor is yours. 

23 minutes ago, B-Man said:

And how it historically has been done in Georgia is to throw out the ballot if, for example, somebody dots the “i” in their name in the signature on file, and then doesn’t dot said “i” in the signature on the mailing envelope containing an absentee ballot.  No, I don’t have a link, and no, I’m not going to dig it up.  But I’ve worked on the issue in the past, and the point that GA historically has used signature match as a sword (to knock out votes) rather than as a shield (to protect the sanctity of an election) is a fair one.  It’s not signature match that’s the issue, it’s the degree of similarity required to conclude that a signature “matches.”  And GA’s threshold on that front used to be (and may still be) really, really high. 

58 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Here is my history - you tell me:

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/search/?&q=Racist&page=1&author=BillStime&search_and_or=and

Hilarious to see you obsess about the racist component of this bill - just as the GQP had planned - and not the overt power grab and dismiss the checks n balance in our democratic systems.  

Of course I obsess about the Bill being called racist. And I’ve explained why. Calling something like this racist distracts away from real racism. If you cared at all about racism you’d focus on eliminating distractions such as this.  

57 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Jim Crow law started after the Civil War to keep blacks from voting, working, etc.  that is happening here again.  Quit being a naive troll for Trump and think.

You don’t need to educate me on Jim Crow. Please tell me what is specifically in the Bill that harkens back to Jim Crow?  You have read the Bill right?  Again. Equating this Bill to Jim Crow is sick and I would think anyone who was subjected to Jim Crow would agree. 

50 minutes ago, B-Man said:

But it doesn’t actually do that at all.

It’s basically impossible to commit voter fraud on a meaningful scale and you know that.

Each ballot is secure and mailed to the voter at their home address. What you’re actually saying is that millions of ballots are being stolen out of people’s locked mailboxes by random people who intend to fraudulently fill out those ballots. 

Think about how silly that is.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

No, the courts, the state audits and the DOJ showed there was no fraud.  As far as the primary someone answered above that is was confusion over the process and not fraud.  But you refuse to believe anything that doesn’t fit the Trump narrative.  2+2=4, not 5.

Confusion over how to sign your name? 10% were confused by signing their name? It is either fraud or extreme incompetence but your defense of it shows you willing to believe anything to not have to admit that our elections should be more secure 

45 minutes ago, The Governor said:

Each ballot is secure and mailed to the voter at their home address.

What you’re actually saying is that millions of ballots are being stolen out of people’s locked mailboxes by random people who intend to fraudulently fill out those ballots. 

No one is saying any such thing

That is how silly you are.

And if mail in ballots are as secure as you say, there is absolutely no way you could object to matching signatures.

external-content.duckduckgo-296.jpg?resi

43 minutes ago, The Governor said:

But it doesn’t actually do that at all.

It’s basically impossible to commit voter fraud on a meaningful scale and you know that.

Each ballot is secure and mailed to the voter at their home address. What you’re actually saying is that millions of ballots are being stolen out of people’s locked mailboxes by random people who intend to fraudulently fill out those ballots. 

It does not need to be millions but often 100k that makes the difference and that can be done through many ways. When literally 100 billion is being swayed by a few people to speak as if the motivation is i not there is being intentionally oblivious

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

You don’t need to educate me on Jim Crow. Please tell me what is specifically in the Bill that harkens back to Jim Crow?  You have read the Bill right?  Again. Equating this Bill to Jim Crow is sick and I would think anyone who was subjected to Jim Crow would agree. 

I already have as have several others, but you want to remain blind.

If Trump insisted the moon was made of green cheese, would you insist he’s correct?

43 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Confusion over how to sign your name? 10% were confused by signing their name? It is either fraud or extreme incompetence but your defense of it shows you willing to believe anything to not have to admit that our elections should be more secure 

See above.  If for example, you signed your name “Buffalo Timmy” and dotted the “i” in the signature on file with the BOE, but didn’t dot the “i” over the signature you applied to the envelope containing your absentee ballot, then, under GA law prior to 2020, the ballot would have been rejected.  Does that seem fair?  Not to me it doesn’t.  And I hardly would characterize the failure to dot the “i” as “fraud or extreme incompetence.”  Surely not every dispute is exactly like the one I mentioned, but the reality is that many of them probably were, which gets us back to the “sword” and “shield” points. 

43 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Our election this past year was the most secure in history according to those who watch over such things, in addition to the courts, DOJ and everyone else I have already listed for you.  Yet you want to use confusion in one primary election in one district to somehow indict an entire system.  Because you are a lackey for Trump, and he put it in your head way before the election that if he lost there must be fraud. Because he knew he’d lose and his ego refused to accept it.   Think for yourself instead of having an NYC con man do it for you.  2+2=4, not 5.

14 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

It does not need to be millions but often 100k that makes the difference and that can be done through many ways. When literally 100 billion is being swayed by a few people to speak as if the motivation is i not there is being intentionally oblivious

And 100k did not happen.  There is absolutely no proof of fraud and because your guy lost you refuse to accept reality.  Reality is 2+2=4.  Trump wants you to believe it’s 5, and you want to buy into it.  Use your head.

14 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

It can happen at the local level where the election is decided by less than 1000 votes. Republicans were caught in NC in that House race that was really close. Safeguards were out into place after that. That was more of a “ballot harvesting” scenario.

senate or presidential level? Nope.

But the democrat party that supported slavery, wrote the Jim Crow laws, founded the KKK, had a senator that was a KKK kleagle, and filibustered civil rights laws  is not racist?

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Answering a question with a different question or questions is unbecoming.  We could get a lot further if you could simply articulate a response to the question on the floor.  Simple for some, but not simple for Chef Jim Crow. 

Ding ding we have a winner.  This is the point that Chef Jim Crow refuses to acknowledge.  Things, save for attempted/actual Trumpian interference in the count of the ballots cast in the general, went smoothly.  The point to be drawn therefrom is that, while there were problems in the primary, the relative smoothness of the general showed that the rules that were in place worked and that there was nothing that required fixing.  

So what is the impetus for this nonsense bill?  Chef Jim Crow and his acolytes are fumbling around on the issue because they don’t have a reasonable answer for the question, other than that the bill is intended to stifle minority vote and put a thumb on the scales for the suburban and rural vote (that is, the Republican vote) in Georgia.  

You're arguing back and forth about an unknown.  You personally can vouch that there was absolutely no vote fraud  in the 2020 general election?  Because you personally inspected ballots and observed the voting processes and protocols, for mail in and on site voting?  Really?  You can no more state that as a known fact than I or anyone else can say there were irregularities or that all went as required.  Truth is none of us here know for sure and its just a case of believing what you want to believe absent that.  It boils down to opinion and drawing a conclusion based on limited and filtered information.   

So why do you believe all was on the up and up?  Either you're satisfied with the results and don't see any need to question it or you trust the people doing the counting.  Me, I just don't trust politicians and their foot soldiers of any party and I trust the one's claiming to be out to "help" other people even less. 

My hypothesis is they stuffed the mail in boxes with a bunch of fake votes and stopped the vote counts election night in several key districts per the '60's Cook County politician machine playbook.  To let all the other votes come in from all the other precincts in the State so they knew how many votes they needed to manufacture in order to win the State.  This happened election night in State like GA, PA, and MI.  All states that swung one particular way late and suddenly.  Coincidence?  I think not.  Can I prove any of it?  No.  But you can't prove anything either.

And the people that do know for sure are in absolutely no hurry to share the truth about anything with any of us.  So rather than bickering back and forth with each other we should all be on their asses to shed some light on their game.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

An Offensive Comparison

The bad-faith comparisons Biden is making are so perverse. Apparently, weekend voting, asking people to provide a driver’s license on an absentee ballot, and attempting to secure drop boxes are all “Jim Crow.”

Not only is the president misleading the American people when he says this, but he is disrespecting black Americans whose ancestors endured legitimate discrimination at the hands of actual oppressive laws.

“President Biden is very adept at race-baiting. He and all of his cohorts and colleagues are,” Alveda King, the niece of Martin Luther King Jr., said on Fox News on Wednesday. “If you throw skin color into a discussion and you step on the emotions of people who have fought to be considered equal in the United States, then you’re going to immediately get support and confusion for that position.”

Let’s remember who our president is. This is the same guy who said, “You ain’t black” if you weren’t going to vote for him. Biden may continue to preach that it’s “a time to heal,” but healing can’t include falsely maligning the opposing political party as racist segregationists.

https://thefederalist.com/2021/04/09/bidens-jim-crow-label-for-georgia-election-laws-is-insane-heres-why/

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

You're arguing back and forth about an unknown.  You personally can vouch that there was absolutely no vote fraud  in the 2020 general election?  Because you personally inspected ballots and observed the voting processes and protocols, for mail in and on site voting?  Really?  You can no more state that as a known fact than I or anyone else can say there were irregularities or that all went as required.  Truth is none of us here know for sure and its just a case of believing what you want to believe absent that.  It boils down to opinion and drawing a conclusion based on limited and filtered information.   

So why do you believe all was on the up and up?  Either you're satisfied with the results and don't see any need to question it or you trust the people doing the counting.  Me, I just don't trust politicians and their foot soldiers of any party and I trust the one's claiming to be out to "help" other people even less. 

My hypothesis is they stuffed the mail in boxes with a bunch of fake votes and stopped the vote counts election night in several key districts per the '60's Cook County politician machine playbook.  To let all the other votes come in from all the other precincts in the State so they knew how many votes they needed to manufacture in order to win the State.  This happened election night in State like GA, PA, and MI.  All states that swung one particular way late and suddenly.  Coincidence?  I think not.  Can I prove any of it?  No.  But you can't prove anything either.

And the people that do know for sure are in absolutely no hurry to share the truth about anything with any of us.  So rather than bickering back and forth with each other we should all be on their asses to shed some light on their game.

Yes we do know for sure.  Because the people entrusted with running elections made sure it was so.  Your refusal to believe anything is your problem, not an electoral problem.  The elections swung late because mail in ballots from heavily Democratic areas got counted later and in at least one state (Pa) because the Republican legislature wanted it so.  

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Yes we do know for sure.  Because the people entrusted with running elections made sure it was so.  Your refusal to believe anything is your problem, not an electoral problem.  The elections swung late because mail in ballots from heavily Democratic areas got counted later and in at least one state (Pa) because the Republican legislature wanted it so.  

If you've examined the specific details of the audits I'll take you word for it.   But to my knowledge all they did was count the votes and verify the counts with a re-count.  Not confirm or validate all the ballots cast were valid. Not cross reference the votes cast to voting records.  If you think that's sufficient then okay but I don't.  All it proves is they are proficient at counting. 

57 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

If you've examined the specific details of the audits I'll take you word for it.   But to my knowledge all they did was count the votes and verify the counts with a re-count.  Not confirm or validate all the ballots cast were valid. Not cross reference the votes cast to voting records.  If you think that's sufficient then okay but I don't.  All it proves is they are proficient at counting. 

You have no understanding of statistical methods not of audits.  Georgia did just what you ask.  And audits do not mean you recheck every single vote, you take a representative sample.

You don’t want to believe anything associated with government.  You want anarchy.

Edited by oldmanfan