Georgia election laws and MLB

10 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Thank you Mr Robinson.

To those of you that have fought me on this?  Who have not once been able to explain what specifically makes this Bill racist?  Please listen to this and let me know your true thoughts NOW about this Bill and if you STILL think it's racist. 

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, The Governor said:

Yes. When the schools started addressing bullying, the social workers and school shrinks went from simply trying to protect people being bullied to launching attacks on the bully. They gather around the person being bullied and use that victimhood to destroy the bully.

Those tactics are just expanded to the Twitterverse and pretty much everywhere you look these days.

That is well thought out- I like arguing, sometimes over the smallest thing but that is true 

18 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Yes I can identify the bill.  You're a lawyer.  Look it up.   

What makes the bill racists?  That's the question I posed to you some time ago which you've somehow failed to or refused to answer.   Once we get that off the table we can proceed.  Until then carry on. 

Sorry, Chef Jim Crow.  I can't guess at what you're thinking.  Once you can identify the bill (number, session law identifier, etc.--which I note shouldn't be that difficult given that you've [allegedly] read it already), then we can continue this conversation.  I have to know that we're talking about the same thing.  Otherwise, I can see how you might try to wiggle out of this little predicament in which you find yourself by claiming that you and I were discussing different bills or measures or law.  So until then, Chef Jim Crow, I must await your specification of the bill or measure or law that you believe to be in question. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Sorry, Chef Jim Crow.  I can't guess at what you're thinking.  Once you can identify the bill (number, session law identifier, etc.--which I note shouldn't be that difficult given that you've [allegedly] read it already), then we can continue this conversation.  I have to know that we're talking about the same thing.  Otherwise, I can see how you might try to wiggle out of this little predicament in which you find yourself by claiming that you and I were discussing different bills or measures or law.  So until then, Chef Jim Crow, I must await your specification of the bill or measure or law that you believe to be in question. 

I’ll play your stupid game. GA SB202. All the info you need is here. 

https://legiscan.com/GA/bill/SB202/2021

Now...what makes it Jim Crow on steroids as you and others have claimed?  Funny how the peorson who coined that term doesn’t use it anymore. Even the old man has come around unlike others here. 

Ball in your court Troll. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Thank you Mr Robinson.

To those of you that have fought me on this?  Who have not once been able to explain what specifically makes this Bill racist?  Please listen to this and let me know your true thoughts NOW about this Bill and if you STILL think it's racist. 

There’s no reason to drastically scale back drop boxes, provided they are secure.  I know we didn’t have them pre-COVID, but they worked, and the black community turned out to vote in record numbers.   No reason, in my mind, to limit them - simply focus on making sure they are secure votes.  

Allowing the state legislature to take control over local election processes can certainly seem worrisome if you are a Dem, considering the state leg of GA is, and will be for a while, reliably Republican.   That said, the same critics of this want the Federal Govt to have control over local election processes, so I don’t take that argument seriously.  

The voter ID and water stuff is all ridiculous and anyone taking issue with it isn’t a serious person.   

Joe Biden invoking Jim Crow is disgusting pandering. 

The bill isn’t racist, but there are pieces that seem unnecessary.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

There’s no reason to drastically scale back drop boxes, provided they are secure.  I know we didn’t have them pre-COVID, but they worked, and the black community turned out to vote in record numbers.   No reason, in my mind, to limit them - simply focus on making sure they are secure votes.  

Allowing the state legislature to take control over local election processes can certainly seem worrisome if you are a Dem, considering the state leg of GA is, and will be for a while, reliably Republican.   That said, the same critics of this want the Federal Govt to have control over local election processes, so I don’t take that argument seriously.  

The voter ID and water stuff is all ridiculous and anyone taking issue with it isn’t a serious person.   

Joe Biden invoking Jim Crow is disgusting pandering. 

The bill isn’t racist, but there are pieces that seem unnecessary.  

Why do they even need drop boxes?  They were put in place so people could drop off their vote without human interaction because of Covid.  They also gave the people a greater sense of security with their vote. I guess people didn’t trust good old fashioned mailboxes?  So now the left is concerned about the safety and security of their vote?  🙄

On 4/21/2021 at 4:46 PM, B-Man said:

You neglected to address the point that we have been making.

What if Home Depot, doesn't want to come out on EITHER side ?

They are being forced to give an opinion when it is not really the job of a store to help decide public policy.

If they want to fine..............your reply works...............but you keep failing to answer the other.

Sheep need shepherds. Divide and conquer. You’re either with us or your against us.

It’s one of the greatest fallibilities of the human condition.  

Far too few free thinkers. 

Alternate headline:

Florida moves to put Voter laws back in line with the rest of the country, pre-covid.

Vote authenticity to improve.

Democrats/Liberals make   fake same old concern.

ADDED: Food and water in line is still legal, you can bring it yourself

Edited by B-Man
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I was discussing this law with a friend who is a big democrat supporter, who does not like the laws but admitted they are not racist at all. You need an ID in GA to have a job so at most it is against people who are unemployed. As for the drop boxes, how is security not a concern for someone when literally billion/trillion of dollars on the line?

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Alternate headline:

Florida moves to put Voter laws back in line with the rest of the country, pre-covid.

Vote authenticity to improve.

Democrats/Liberals make   fake same old concern.

ADDED: Food and water in line is still legal, you can bring it yourself

But what about a George Foreman grill?  Can someone bring that in a voting line so they can make delicious samwhiches like grilled cheese or BLTs?   

This law is a Jim Crow rope-a-dope fiasco.   

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I was discussing this law with a friend who is a big democrat supporter, who does not like the laws but admitted they are not racist at all. You need an ID in GA to have a job so at most it is against people who are unemployed unable to do most things in society (but somehow manage to get out and vote once a year). As for the drop boxes, how is security not a concern for someone when literally billion/trillion of dollars on the line?

FIFY.

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Why do voters in line need someone to give them food and drink. Can they not feed themselves?  

Black people cannot, apparently.

16 minutes ago, Melon said:

Read the lawsuit. Probably get all your questions answered there (again)

Again?  Funny because no one has answered my question other than it's racist the first time.  That would be great if they were able to specifically state what is racists.

I even wrote down each accusation by Stacey Abrams of it being racists and asked "how does this make it racist?"  I don't think I got any responses to that.  

I'll read the lawsuit. When I have time. That article (which I'm not paying to read) is likely just that.  A report on the lawsuit not the actual text of the suit. 

Edited by Chef Jim

28 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Again?  Funny because no one has answered my question other than it's racist the first time.  That would be great if they were able to specifically state what is racists.

I even wrote down each accusation by Stacey Abrams of it being racists and asked "how does this make it racist?"  I don't think I got any responses to that.  

I'll read the lawsuit. When I have time. That article (which I'm not paying to read) is likely just that.  A report on the lawsuit not the actual text of the suit. 

Well Chef, you should in fact read the lawsuit. It states very clearly that the voting law applies only to people of color and that white people are excluded from following these new voting procedures. 

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Well Chef, you should in fact read the lawsuit. It states very clearly that the voting law applies only to people of color and that white people are excluded from following these new voting procedures. 

In most cases they are - many of the 240 voting sites that closed in Georgia had more of an impact on black people than white.

I had friends in town from Atlanta last weekend - we discussed the laws in Georgia - they waited in line for five hours to vote in Midtown Atlanta - FIVE HOURS to vote.  Disgraceful.

And all by GQP design...

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

In most cases they are - many of the 240 voting sites that closed in Georgia had more of an impact on black people than white.

I had friends in town from Atlanta last weekend - we discussed the laws in Georgia - they waited in line for five hours to vote in Midtown Atlanta - FIVE HOURS to vote.  Disgraceful.

And all by GQP design...

Where your friends white?

58 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Nor does the text of the complaint necessarily have anything to do with facts, reality or anything approaching it.  Often it’s all about who can tell the best story.  

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Not that it should matter but my friends are a mixed married couple.

But why should ANYONE have to wait in line for FIVE hours to vote?

Well I mean if they were white, under the new law, they could jump right to the front of the line and grab some snacks along the way.

30 minutes ago, BillStime said:

And all by GQP design...

So long lines discriminate? 

Are these more due to geography or race?  (rhetorical question) 

BTW there are alternatives to waiting in line wouldn't you agree?  

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Nor does the text of the complaint necessarily have anything to do with facts, reality or anything approaching it.  Often it’s all about who can tell the best story.  

Lawsuits are a dime a dozen and oftentimes frivolous.  

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

That's more of a DMV thing I think. 

No he's talking about waiting in line at the polls....I assume.   But that is their choice.  I had to wait 5 minutes because I was too lazy to get another pen while my wife filled out her absentee ballot.  

50 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Did you share with them which ever it impacts why you feel they are incapable of obtaining Identification? 

43 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Really? Best you got?

So you didn’t explain your position that certain demographics aren’t up to the task of obtaining ID? Seems like it would have come up. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood