Combating imaginary racism with actual racism??

CHICAGO (AP) — Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot announced Wednesday that she will grant one-on-one interviews to mark the two-year anniversary of her inauguration solely to journalists of color, saying she has been struck by the “overwhelmingly” white press corps in Chicago.

https://apnews.com/article/d375e80176a09bb48d7084842ffcbe6f

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

22 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

More troubling to Lightfoot is the majority of Chicago Blackhawks players are white, the majority of Chicago Bears players are black, and not a single player on the Chicago Bulls roster meets the criteria for being identified as "short".   Clearly some sort of diversity and inclusion program is needed to ensure proper representation.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I can't imagine anyone who has gotten this far along in life (let alone politics) thinks this is a good idea.  Whatever the ***** was/is she thinking?? 

Bigotry isn't confined to any specific race. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

She's actually racist

I don't think this is.  I just think she's not very intelligent.  She's your typical politician.  Come up with "idea" without even beginning to think it through. 

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Bigotry  stupidity isn't confined to any specific race. 

FIFY

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I don't think this is.  I just think she's not very intelligent.  She's your typical politician.  Come up with "idea" without even beginning to think it through. 

I disagree with you on her intelligence. She knows she can win the mayoral race in perpetuity if she simply makes the losers believe that she is stacking the deck in their favor. The amount of people in Chicago bothered by this is small compared to the people who are simply too dumb to realize this is Bull Connor inspired.

38 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I disagree with you on her intelligence. She knows she can win the mayoral race in perpetuity if she simply makes the losers believe that she is stacking the deck in their favor. The amount of people in Chicago bothered by this is small compared to the people who are simply too dumb to realize this is Bull Connor inspired.

Then Chicago gets what they deserve.  However the silent minority really needs to rise up and point out the absolute hypocrisy of this.  

3 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

I have a friend who is an immigrant from Guyana in South America and when she moved to NYC in the early 90s she was told that she was not considered a minority because she looks Indian. Her family was in Guyana for several generations but they based her race on looks not genetics.

• Like (+1) 1

STANDING UP AGAINST BIGOTRY: 

Parents group files federal complaint against school district over race-exclusive event.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/parents-group-files-federal-complaint-against-school-district-over-race-exclusive-event/

SEGREGATION NOW, SEGREGATION TOMORROW, SEGREGATION FOREVER: 

University of New Hampshire hosted special graduation celebration for ‘Students of Color’ and other ‘diverse’ identities.

https://www.campusreform.org/article?id=17516

• Shocked 1