Combating imaginary racism with actual racism??

On 4/8/2021 at 9:11 AM, Tiberius said:

Not like black people in America have. The economic injustices of the past still weigh heavily on black Americans. They have been in the country the longest and have the highest poverty rates. People, like my grandfather, came to the country and were easily able to jump ahead of black people and make it. Attempting to fix a wrong is not racism. 

I have to strongly say your point of view is tilted. 

You will never never never bring a country, or employer, to equality by speaking about what someone may have or did 50 years ago. You cannot expect me to work on my shortcomings and racial understanding by punishing me or my children. If you take this approach then status quo is more acceptable to me, thus nothing gets accomplished. Let me work on my shortcomings without punishment.

Maybe my father or grandfather called Italian immigrants ***** or *****.  That was wrong. But you cannot punish my children for that. Similarly I gave a lot to learn about systemic discrimination and my role, but creating laws that punish my children will not help.

Affirmative Action laws helped some but I think hurt the movement in the end.

Proof of that...40 yrs later it is still an issue. 

7 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

I have to strongly say your point of view is tilted. 

You will never never never bring a country, or employer, to equality by speaking about what someone may have or did 50 years ago. You cannot expect me to work on my shortcomings and racial understanding by punishing me or my children. If you take this approach then status quo is more acceptable to me, thus nothing gets accomplished. Let me work on my shortcomings without punishment.

Maybe my father or grandfather called Italian immigrants ***** or *****.  That was wrong. But you cannot punish my children for that. Similarly I gave a lot to learn about systemic discrimination and my role, but creating laws that punish my children will not help.

Affirmative Action laws helped some but I think hurt the movement in the end.

Proof of that...40 yrs later it is still an issue. 

I don't think we can ignore the historic oppression that has set black people into poverty. That happened. Italian immigrants did not endure the hundreds of years of oppression in this country. They came, were allowed to get jobs, run businesses, get elected to office, serve as cops, etc. 

Black people, not so much 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

I don't think we can ignore the historic oppression that has set black people into poverty. That happened. Italian immigrants did not endure the hundreds of years of oppression in this country. They came, were allowed to get jobs, run businesses, get elected to office, serve as cops, etc. 

Your statement is generally correct but your solution is detrimental and does not actually solve anything. The best way to help minorities is to help them do well in school but the worst schools with the most minorites in the country are in the most blue areas (Chicago,NYC, Baltimore,LA) and until they fix those cities the majority of minorities do not have much of a chance. In the schools near me the minorities compete well with all other groups, so it does not appear to be racial issue but a school issue.

23 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Your statement is generally correct but your solution is detrimental and does not actually solve anything. The best way to help minorities is to help them do well in school but the worst schools with the most minorites in the country are in the most blue areas (Chicago,NYC, Baltimore,LA) and until they fix those cities the majority of minorities do not have much of a chance. In the schools near me the minorities compete well with all other groups, so it does not appear to be racial issue but a school issue.

Oh no, the rural southern schools are the worst 

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Your last comment is hurtful. In place of black put Kamala Harris's family,  Justice Thomas, and millions of others. Like whites have numerous backgrounds and cultures, bkack skinned humans do as well. Mandarin and Cantonese are different, Polish families gave a different culture than Sweds.

By the use of that term you alienate most of your audience who first thought is to say pee on you a??. 

The US population ( and Canadian) has to historically understand that some of the cultural problems in the community they helped create. But punishing me for my grandfather will not help.

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh no, the rural southern schools are the worst 

Why? Money? Racism?

9 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Your last comment is hurtful. In place of black put Kamala Harris's family,  Justice Thomas, and millions of others. Like whites have numerous backgrounds and cultures, bkack skinned humans do as well. Mandarin and Cantonese are different, Polish families gave a different culture than Sweds.

By the use of that term you alienate most of your audience who first thought is to say pee on you a??. 

The US population ( and Canadian) has to historically understand that some of the cultural problems in the community they helped create. But punishing me for my grandfather will not help.

Why? Money? Racism?

Most black people were simply shut off from the good things in American society. Why try to deny that? You seem angry at the truth. 

And why? Culture, mostly 

40 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Tibs doesn’t want to let go of the past. However, it’s time to move on from these excuses.  Slavery ended over 150 years ago. It’s now going on 60 years since major civil rights legislation. While educational achievement is the key to success, the problem isn’t racial or even one of schools. It’s a problem of culture. The quality of the family is the primary predictor of success in school. Until cultural changes are made from within that stress family structure and a home emphasis on school, rather than deriding these things as “ white supremacist” or acting “ white” this success will not be achieved. Simple as that. This most important conversation is the one that is continually avoided. 

6 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Tibs doesn’t want to let go of the past. However, it’s time to move on from these excuses.  Slavery ended over 150 years ago. It’s now going on 60 years since major civil rights legislation. While educational achievement is the key to success, the problem isn’t racial or even one of schools. It’s a problem of culture. The quality of the family is the primary predictor of success in school. Until cultural changes are made from within that stress family structure and a home emphasis on school, rather than deriding these things as “ white supremacist” or acting “ white” this success will not be achieved. Simple as that. This most important conversation is the one that is continually avoided. 

Lack of financial resources are even bigger than cultural factors. Black people were never able to build up family wealth because of racism and the poverty that exists today in black communities is. aDIRECT RESULT of racism in the past. 

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Lack of financial resources are even bigger than cultural factors. Black people were never able to build up family wealth because of racism and the poverty that exists today in black communities is. aDIRECT RESULT of racism in the past. 

That is stupid and has been disproven a hundred ways in America by the fact we can easily show the actions that keep you out of poverty. If this was true then the Africans that come directly from Africa would not be 30% richer than native borns unless you are gonna argue that those coming from Africa are richer to start. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.blackenterprise.com/black-immigrants-in-u-s-earning-30-more-than-u-s-born-blacks/amp/

As I said your actions directly harm minorities greatly. No can fix the injustice their ancestors faced.

On 5/16/2021 at 7:33 PM, B-Man said:

E1hr2i7WEAEJRf9.jpg

I'm not even sure why we track these stats.   Until we look at us all as Americans vs categorizing us based on our color/ethnicity this us vs them will never change. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Timmy said:

That is stupid and has been disproven a hundred ways in America by the fact we can easily show the actions that keep you out of poverty. If this was true then the Africans that come directly from Africa would not be 30% richer than native borns unless you are gonna argue that those coming from Africa are richer to start. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.blackenterprise.com/black-immigrants-in-u-s-earning-30-more-than-u-s-born-blacks/amp/

As I said your actions directly harm minorities greatly. No can fix the injustice their ancestors faced.

Nope, it takes money to make money

There is also the fact that culture has been seriously affected by racism. Not being able to have a good job or access to education does affect culture. So the culture you are talking about was actually formed in reaction to serious, oppressive racism 

You said something about stupid? 

On 5/12/2021 at 10:21 PM, B-Man said:

There was a movie made in 1968 called “Witchfinder General” starring Vincent Price, In the United States, it was retitled “The Conqueror Worm.”

The film is the account of the murderous witch-hunting exploits of Matthew Hopkins (Price), a lawyer who claimed to have been appointed as a "Witch Finder General" by Parliament during the English Civil War to root out sorcery and witchcraft.

He got paid for every “devil-worshiper” he found.

Sounds like what the FBI/SPLC/MSM are trying to accomplish be hunting for “White Supremacists.”

It's not really Trump that the leftards are targeting, what they are furious about the most is Trump voters.

Especially white Trump voters, that's who their real target is. Book it...coming soon....

• Agree 1