Combating imaginary racism with actual racism??

17 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Do you have any examples of the "shrieking SJW's" in reaction to this?  

Well............ they are in the link.

:rolleyes:

They are upset that he said you shouldn't hate police officers.....................imagine such a thing being said.

Edited by B-Man

Cornered by a direct question, Kamala Harris says "I don’t think America is a racist country."

But you have to hear her say it, so click through to "Kamala Harris: ‘I Don’t Think America is a Racist Country’ BUT…" (Mediaite).

https://www.mediaite.com/news/kamala-harris-i-dont-think-america-is-a-racist-country-but/

As the "BUT" in the headline indicates, she moves on as quickly as possible to what amounts to an assertion that America is a racist country: "But we also do have to speak truth about the history of racism in our country, and its existence today." 

I'm sure there's a way to make a distinction to save her from the charge of incoherence. The term "racist country" can be defined narrowly so that a country with a lot of racism in it is still not a "racist country."

But it's the way she sounds saying it that gets me. The pitch changes and the laughing scream insincerity.

And here's the transcript of Tim Scott's speech from last night, in which he asserted "America is not a racist country." Context:

Today, kids again are being taught that the color of their skin defines them — and if they look a certain way, they're an oppressor. From colleges to corporations to our culture, people are making money and gaining power by pretending we haven't made any progress. By doubling down on the divisions we've worked so hard to heal. You know this stuff is wrong. Hear me clearly: America is not a racist country. It's backwards to fight discrimination with different discrimination. And it's wrong to try to use our painful past to dishonestly shut down debates in the present.

Aside from the "America is not a racist country" incantation that was foisted on Kamala Harris, it's easy to see that Harris and Scott differ about what to teach schoolchildren about America. Will it be love for country and optimism about their potential to flourish here or will it be critique and wariness?

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2021/04/cornered-by-direct-question-kamala.html

Biden Tries to School Tim Scott About Racism With His Most Racist Statement Yet

c819fd39-7033-4db8-a933-0c11a180a168-730

FTA:

Mr. “You Ain’t Black,” buddy of segregationists is trying to tell Scott about racism? Biden’s remarks are so incredibly racist I don’t even know where to begin. When I first read it, I almost choked.

“No, I don’t think the American people are racist, but I think after 400 years, African-Americans have been left in a position where they are so far behind the eight-ball in terms of education, health, in terms of opportunity,” Biden said.

“I think the overhang from all of the Jim Crow and before that, slavery, has had a cost, and we have to deal with it,” Biden added.

Did Biden just call black people lacking in education and health? Because that’s sure what it sounds like he just said.

This is something he’s suggested before, that he seems to think black people are poor and uneducated.

We saw when he was asked a question about reparations, he ended up saying something about parents not being able to educate their kids and teach them words, so they needed to keep the record player on at night. It’s that bigotry of low expectations again. He’s going to tell parents how to educate their kids because they don’t know how so he’ll tell them.

Edited by B-Man

MSNBC Panel: Tim Scott Doesn't Know Racism, But Mayor Pete Does. Also, What?

MSNBC’s The ReidOut went all out in showing its hatred for Senator Tim Scott (R-SC), trashing his speech as proof he deserved the label “Uncle Tim” on account of his support for the party that they claimed was the reason why he grew up poor and his grandfather was illiterate. Worse yet, they argued that, since Scott refused to America “a racist country,” he doesn’t understand racism while white liberals like Pete Buttigieg.

[…]

Fill-in host Jason Johnson teased he would take issue with Scott’s failure “to base” Republican “priorities on reality” and then said it’s fair to say Scott has “sold out” to his race by being a Republican. 

However, he did express discomfort with the “Uncle Tim” label as it reminded him of both the length it was up as a trending topic but also because it harkened back to Condolezza Rice being called Aunt Jemima.

Frequent MSNBC guest Christina Greer had no such uneasiness and even defended the slur because it was a public display of “the internal conversations that many black people have about Tim Scott and the Republican Party” since he supports the GOP and the Trump presidency.

Greer then argued Scott should come to his senses and realize that his Republican Party was the reason why he grew up poor, began with a less-than-stellar education, and had an illiterate grandfather.

[…]

Johnson was wound up to offer a hot take of his own, insisting that the white transportation secretary from Indiana knows racism better than Scott: “When Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg can say we literally have racism baked into our highway system, I really don't think Tim Scott is in much of a position to criticize him.”

I mean, this is what happens when nonwhite conservatives speak out. The Left mocks, denigrates, and dehumanizes them. It’s worse for conservative women. It’s almost suicidal for those in the LGBT community to be conservative or say they voted for Trump; nearly 30 percent did in 2020. 

You must act, live, and vote a certain way if you’re not white, according to progressives. If you do not, then it’s usually white liberals who come and berate the nonwhite for not thinking right. How is that not racist? It’s paternalistic in the extreme, to say the least. In this case, it was equally unhinged black lefties who decided to torch Scott for merely having an opposing viewpoint. It’s almost parody.

The white gay liberal from one of the whitest states in the country, Indiana, knows more about racism than a black man…because of his political views. That’s a hot take. 

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2021/04/30/msnbc-panel-tim-scott-doesnt-know-racism-but-mayor-pete-does-also-what-n2588780

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, B-Man said:

“When Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg can say we literally have racism baked into our highway system, I really don't think Tim Scott is in much of a position to criticize him.”

Now our highways are racist??

Oh wait of course we are. The white lines are above the black top.  

🙄🙄🙄

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

MSNBC Panel: Tim Scott Doesn't Know Racism, But Mayor Pete Does. Also, What?

I mean, this is what happens when nonwhite conservatives speak out. The Left mocks, denigrates, and dehumanizes them. It’s worse for conservative women. It’s almost suicidal for those in the LGBT community to be conservative or say they voted for Trump; nearly 30 percent did in 2020. 

You must act, live, and vote a certain way if you’re not white, according to progressives. If you do not, then it’s usually white liberals who come and berate the nonwhite for not thinking right. How is that not racist? It’s paternalistic in the extreme, to say the least. In this case, it was equally unhinged black lefties who decided to torch Scott for merely having an opposing viewpoint. It’s almost parody.

The white gay liberal from one of the whitest states in the country, Indiana, knows more about racism than a black man…because of his political views. That’s a hot take. 

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2021/04/30/msnbc-panel-tim-scott-doesnt-know-racism-but-mayor-pete-does-also-what-n2588780

You’re from Buffalo, right? Sorta?

If so - I assume you are familiar with Humboldt Parkway?

What part of the city did the 33 end up plowing right through? 

I know you rely on your far right rags for biased information and you would never diversify your thought leadership but read up how/where the highway systems were developed.

A Brief History Of How Racism Shaped Interstate Highways

16 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I know you rely on your far right rags for biased information and you would never diversify your thought leadership but read up how/where the highway systems were developed.

What a wonderfully written article completely bereft of any proof of highways being strategically run through certain neighborhoods based solely on the color of the inhabitants other than “we said so”. 

FTA.

We make it harder for Black people and other people of color to access and take advantage of opportunities.

Please give us examples of how we, as a society, have made, can continue to make, it harder for POC to access and take advantages of the myriad of opportunities that are laid at all our feet. 

• Dislike 1

On 4/28/2021 at 1:52 PM, B-Man said:

‘Serious racial justice implications’: ACLU warns the Biden administration over a menthol cigarette ban

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/04/28/serious-racial-justice-implications-aclu-warns-the-biden-administration-over-a-menthol-cigarette-ban/

I too was wondering how menthol cigarette bans made it past all the lobbies. 

THE DEMAND FOR WHITE SUPREMACY IN AMERICA FAR EXCEEDS THE SUPPLY: 

University admin sounds alarm over anonymously reported hate crimes. There’s just one problem.

https://www.campusreform.org/article?id=17257

Other forms of race-hatred are more plentiful on campus, though: 

Student paper opinion editor: ‘spring break reminded me I can’t trust white people.’

https://www.campusreform.org/article?id=17394

THE DEMAND FOR WHITE SUPREMACY IN AMERICA FAR EXCEEDS THE SUPPLY (CONT’D): 

Black Penn State profs report ‘noose’ behind house; ends up being part of neighbor’s swing set.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/black-penn-state-profs-report-noose-behind-house-ends-up-being-part-of-neighbors-swing-set/

I remember when higher education was justified on the ground it promoted critical thinking and good judgment.

On 4/30/2021 at 4:14 PM, BillStime said:

So they diverted the highways away from a straight route and went out of their way to go through black neighborhoods?  Is this really your accusation?   

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

So they diverted the highways away from a straight route and went out of their way to go through black neighborhoods?  Is this really your accusation?   

Thats what they are claiming across the country,

Billzy is just parroting it.

Just now, B-Man said:

Thats what they are claiming across the country,

Billzy is just parroting it.

This is one of the funniest (or saddest) accusations ever.  Would people start pointing fingers at the geographic and socioeconomic aspects of these issues and not the color of the people effected.