Chris Simms on 2021 draft Receivers: Dyami Brown #3 Prospect

That's the one Simms says will surprise people. Says he was shocked nobody is talking about him. Has him above Waddle.

Has Toney at #5.

He's done pretty well on WRs. Liked Jeudy last year but had him outside his top five. Loved Claypool last year.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 2

• Thurman#1 changed the title to Chris Simms on 2021 draft Receivers: Dyami Brown #3 Prospect

Barring any elite players falling or trades, I think our ideal draft at picks #30 and #61 would be Greg Newsome III and Dyami Brown.

Potentially a big upgrade at CB2 with Newsome's youth/athleticism/tools to play man and then adding another weapon on offense in Brown who brings speed/YAC ability/excellent hands. 

Then target edge rusher in the third round which I think is a sweet spot for this edge class beyond the elite guys. Plenty of talent/toolsy prospects on Day 2 and hopefully we'll have added a solid veteran pass rusher in FA by then as well. 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Like last year I'm expecting a big run on WRs in the top half of round 2. I doubt the Bills draft one with their 1st pick unless they trade down.

Yea it isn't as good as last year's class but I too expect round two to be the sweet spot. 

5 hours ago, mannc said:

Also said this is another really good WR draft class.  Brown or Toney have to be possibilities if they fall to 30....

I don’t think so. We have Diggs, Davis, Beasley, Sanders and McKenzie... Sure, we could use another guy to add to the mix but I think Bills go RB or TE if we go offense early on. I’d bet money that our first pick will be DL, mainly DE.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I like Dyami a lot too. I have him WR6. I think Chris is wrong on Waddle though. Put that kid with a creative coordinator and he will be unstoppable. 

Not fair.  Simms loves Waddle and ranked him just barely behind his top 3.

20 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I don’t think so. We have Diggs, Davis, Beasley, Sanders and McKenzie... Sure, we could use another guy to add to the mix but I think Bills go RB or TE if we go offense early on. I’d bet money that our first pick will be DL, mainly DE.

Other than Davis, none of those guys is young and none of them are what I would call burners.  It's the one element that's missing from our WR group.  But you're right, the Bills will probably try to fill that gap after the first round.  

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I still think he is wrong in that I think he is a top 2 receiver in this class. I wasn't suggesting Simms hates Waddle. 

And I don't think Simms would strongly disagree with you; he certainly thinks Waddle can be a star...

3 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Wouldn’t want a guy like that on the team, would make signing Sanders a mistake. 

Good grief.  Brown is 20 years old; this is most likely Sanders's last year...