Van Noy back to Cheats

Their D will be pretty stout, but until they get a qb they’ll essentially be most of the 2000-2017 Bills. Decent to solid at everything except the position that matters most. I only hope some foolish team doesn’t do them a favor and bail them out by gifting them a shot at a QB. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Their D will be pretty stout, but until they get a qb they’ll essentially be most of the 2000-2017 Bills. Decent to solid at everything except the position that matters most. I only hope some foolish team doesn’t do them a favor and bail them out by gifting them a shot at a QB. 

It feels like some team always gifts them something, while I shake my fists at the sky screaming, "WHY?!!!"

The Texans better stay cool here.  Just stay cool, Houston.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Success said:

It feels like some team always gifts them something, while I shake my fists at the sky screaming, "WHY?!!!"

The Texans better stay cool here.  Just stay cool, Houston.

You hit it right on the head. Texans scare the hell out of me right now. Hoping Belichick doesn’t pull off some Jedi mind trick on Nick Caserio. Stay strong Nick! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TFBillsfan said:

Pats D is going to be legit next season under BB. Bills need to address RB and TE to make them defend the entire field. 

I said this but everyone keeps talking about what we did last season,  they improved huge with plenty of great signings. I see them as a serious threat to win the division unless the Bills start add a couple of play makers

48 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Their list of overpaid players keeps getting longer.  BB is desperate. Every free agent going to NE be like 🤑

Think about it though. They had I think 70 million cap space to use THIS year. Now we all know next years cap will explode much higher and guess what these deals don’t look bad and most are easy to get out of after year 1 with little to no cap issue. 

Also on D he has built a decent front 7  that should make our secondary (who are elite right now) jobs much easier.

58 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Agreed.  Running back to daddy, begging to be overpaid.  He doesn’t suck, but he doesn’t move the needle at all imo.  

Considering the pats had maybe the worst front 7 in nfl history last season, Van Noy will definitely help.  They’ve done a great job this offseason. Not just because they’ve spent money, but because they signed the right guys for what they’d like to do. Depending on what JC Jackson does, the needle will move.  Not to mention QB.  

I don’t see why BB wouldn’t offer of 5-6 1st rd picks for Watson.  I expect it.  It would be his second best move ever.  

I disagree about him moving the needle he was tied for 3rd for most pressures on the QB last year (28) non d line ranking (per bleacher report I didn’t double check them). Now put him opposite Judon and that’s a scary OLB duo that can also set the edge against the run. 

I can see BB offering them our next 10 first round picks and throw and three 3rds and Cam Newton.. I still doubt they accept lol

40 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

It’s not bailing them out it’s getting more picks rebuild their team. Say like the Bengals get the Pats first this and next year and a 3rd this year.. hard say no.. they need as many cracks as they can get to improve.. and the Pats get in prime position to draft a top QB.

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I disagree about him moving the needle he was tied for 3rd for most pressures on the QB last year (28) non d line ranking (per bleacher report I didn’t double check them). Now put him opposite Judon and that’s a scary OLB duo that can also set the edge against the run. 

I can see BB offering them our next 10 first round picks and throw and three 3rds and Cam Newton.. I still doubt they accept lol

It’s not bailing them out it’s getting more picks rebuild their team. Say like the Bengals get the Pats first this and next year and a 3rd this year.. hard say no.. they need as many cracks as they can get to improve.. and the Pats get in prime position to draft a top QB.

We just disagree about our evaluations of Van noy.  He’s a little better than just a guy imo

8 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Fair. Probably not accurate to suggest moving up in the draft and sacrificing picks would be bailing them out. Even though I don’t think they have the draft capital to pull it off, I was more referring to the Texans situation. Seems like BB has found himself on the favorable end of compensation in trades a time or two over the years. I’ve got no issue with them paying market rate to move up in the draft to take a shot on a guy they like just like everyone else. 

• Like (+1) 1

It's not about the name of the player which a lot of fans love to focus on..its more how that player performs in your schemes which Van Noy has done.

Have no idea if he can duplicate it again, but he played well for the pats and that has value.

1 hour ago, Success said:

Anyone else fairly underwhelmed by all of the fuss about what the Pats are doing?  Seems like a lot of "look at me!" arm-waving stuff, but when you break it down, Tight End is the only position that looks significantly improved.

Pats fans are of course crowing that they're taking the division back now after a one-year hiatus, but I'm not seeing it.  They got better; but they were bad.

I'm glad they have that attitude back tbh. Gonna be sweet when reality crashes down on their dumb heads.

Everyone needs to stop obsessing over the Pats.  They owned us for 20 years which sucked (and thats a major understatement)  I expect the Pats to be very competitive next year and years beyond - however Brady is gone and we have Allen.  That will be the difference, be happy about it

33 minutes ago, BillsCuse said:

Everyone needs to stop obsessing over the Pats.  They owned us for 20 years which sucked (and thats a major understatement)  I expect the Pats to be very competitive next year and years beyond - however Brady is gone and we have Allen.  That will be the difference, be happy about it

Obsessing.  Lol.

it’s a message board bruh.  It’s the first week of free agency and the most active teams BY FAR, happens to be our division rival. We’re discussing it.  

Instead of whining about bills fans talking about football, I suggest you create another topic that we can discuss and take us away from our obsession

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, TheProcess said:

You hit it right on the head. Texans scare the hell out of me right now. Hoping Belichick doesn’t pull off some Jedi mind trick on Nick Caserio. Stay strong Nick! 

Process, they don’t have the draft capital to pull it off.  If any AFCE team could make that kind of trade it would be the Jests or Fins.  The fins have the most capital in that their two 1’s and Tua would help the Texans this year.  The Jets also have two 1’s, but Darnold I doubt is attractive to the Texans.  Now that is assuming the Texans are starting to buckle on a trade, and Watson will agree to either team.  I don’t want to see it, but if I’m Watson, I’d go for it on Miami.  Nice weather, no state taxes, and a team that spent $235.8 mil in FA last year along with 11 picks.  This would be good for the Fins as they still have an additional 8 picks this year.

That would be a nightmare.  Pats?  No way.  Besides all Watson needs to do is call Brady.  He’d tell him to run the other way.

I’ve heard the Pats had the #1 defense in 2019, but one should add we had in the #3 defense that year and #2 in points behind them by 2.1 pts/game.  Now we had the 14th defense in 2020 and the Pats were 15th.  Things change year to year and we will have we hope a healthy Milano, Edmunds, and Star.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, TheProcess said:

They were like the 2000-2017 Bills last year when they were 7-9....

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Process, they don’t have the draft capital to pull it off

Completely agree. Doesn’t seem like the Jets will part with the picks. Hard to get a read on the phins as they’ve been fairly quiet on that front, but they saw what we all saw and more with Tua. He can still turn it around, but the early returns from an individual play perspective were pretty “meh” to me. Still time for him though. The only thing that worried me about the Pats is the connections they have to the Texans new brass in Caserio and Easterby.

Edited by TheProcess
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Success said:

Anyone else fairly underwhelmed by all of the fuss about what the Pats are doing?  Seems like a lot of "look at me!" arm-waving stuff, but when you break it down, Tight End is the only position that looks significantly improved.

Pats fans are of course crowing that they're taking the division back now after a one-year hiatus, but I'm not seeing it.  They got better; but they were bad.

They get their best player on both sides of the ball back: Hightower. He had the best season of his excellent career in 2019. When accounting for the Pats’ “additions”, he should definitely be included (along with Chung).

7 hours ago, BillsCuse said:

It’s a message board with lots of topics.

Edited by dave mcbride