Jump to content

Texans' Deshaun Watson accused of indecent conduct in civil lawsuit; QB denies wrongdoing


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This removes any lingering doubt I had that Watson is guilty. He has a real problem.

The fact that some people would sooner believe there is a vast conspiracy by the team and that ALL of these women are lying it is the exact reason why women don’t  feel like they can go to the police.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

 

This is just the beginning. It's all about to come tumbling down. 

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This could be the biggest fall from grace from any athlete in my lifetime.  These are just allegations so he is innocent now but it's not looking good.

Kobe went through something much worse. Just not in the social media age. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So Watson likes a finger in his ***.  Ewww.

 

Bob Kraft says "hold my beer."

 

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

 

 

The first, ahem, shoe to drop.

  • Haha (+1) 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Has any of his teammates come out to defend him? Former teammates? I havent seen anything like that.

 

That to me is very telling. I realize there is an investigation and players may want to keep their names out of it, but I remember when Kellen Winslow was arrested and ultimately convicted, former teammates told stories of how they hated being Winslow's roommate on trips because he would ***** in the rooms and was like well known to have a sex addiction 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This could be the biggest fall from grace from any athlete in my lifetime.  These are just allegations so he is innocent now but it's not looking good.


Sponsorship gone, he will pay millions to his 24+ victims. His lawyers will drain his bank account and I’m sure the Texans will go after his signing bonus. End up in prison and broke.... Pretty sad, what a call from grace. 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Has any of his teammates come out to defend him? Former teammates? I havent seen anything like that.

 

That to me is very telling. I realize there is an investigation and players may want to keep their names out of it, but I remember when Kellen Winslow was arrested and ultimately convicted, former teammates told stories of how they hated being Winslow's roommate on trips because he would ***** in the rooms and was like well known to have a sex addiction 

Only his personal QB coach and Dhop that I’ve seen. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

 

I believe Bryant had one accuser and she dropped the charges?  Watson has 22 women...this is Bill Cosby territory.

Bryant was criminally charged with rape and went to court. The court case was covered daily similar to the OJ case. 

 

He settled. He then rebounded pretty well. So that is an example of fall from grace and coming back from it. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bryant was criminally charged with rape and went to court. The court case was covered daily similar to the OJ case. 

 

He settled. 

 

He did, charges dropped and done.  22, just the number is really bad.  Watson's career in jeopardy.

Bryant was tarnished for a bit but then came back up and became loved again.  It isn't looking good for Watson but this hasn't played all the way out yet.

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, H2o said:

This is just the beginning. It's all about to come tumbling down. 

I'm starting to think this guy's career is over.  If there were some sort of exculpating evidence or any kind of innocent explanation for what's happening, we would have heard it by now.  Whatever happens to him from a legal perspective, it's pretty obvious that Watson is a deviant MFer.  I can't see any NFL team wanting anything to do with him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, wppete said:

Sponsorship gone, he will pay millions to his 24+ victims. His lawyers will drain his bank account and I’m sure the Texans will go after his signing bonus. End up in prison and broke.... Pretty sad, what a call from grace. 

 

Even thought it is the Texans, I would be shocked if they didn't put in a morality clause in his contract allowing them recoup a good chunk of their money.  

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

 

He did, charges dropped and done.  22, just the number is really bad.  Watson's career in jeopardy.

Bryant was tarnished for a bit but then came back up and became loved again.  It isn't looking good for Watson but this hasn't played all the way out yet.

Yes it was done because he settled out of court. Watson will also. Watson's problem is the public already sentenced him to banishment. 20 years ago Watson likely escapes. Roethlisberger also. The growth of social media the last 10 years has changed so much. 

 

Take the Ray Rice incident. Greg Hardy had an incident that was going away. But once the Ray Rice incident became viral on social media Greg Hardy's incident came back in the light. Hardy's career over. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

 

I believe Bryant had one accuser and she dropped the charges?  Watson has 22 women...this is Bill Cosby territory.

Exactly.  It was easy for fans and teammates to believe Kobe over his one accuser...this is completely different.  It's looking like we are talking about a serial sex offender... 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Has any of his teammates come out to defend him? Former teammates? I havent seen anything like that.

 

That to me is very telling. I realize there is an investigation and players may want to keep their names out of it, but I remember when Kellen Winslow was arrested and ultimately convicted, former teammates told stories of how they hated being Winslow's roommate on trips because he would ***** in the rooms and was like well known to have a sex addiction 

I don't think it's telling at all. First, his teammates probably have no idea what actually happened, and second, sticking your neck out for him could cost them something too, as the Twitter mob would set their sights on that player.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This could be the biggest fall from grace from any athlete in my lifetime.  These are just allegations so he is innocent now but it's not looking good.

OJ is still the king, America loved him. I would bet a whole lot of people never heard of Watson.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

People always say wait for the legal process to play out, but that isn’t always the reasonable standard.  Did anyone need to let the legal process play out to know ray rice did something wrong and illegal?  No, because we saw the evidence.

 

in other words, we were made aware of facts before the legal process played out and that was enough.

 

20+ accusations isn’t evidence or a fact we can look at like a video.  But it’s damning enough circumstances that judging him is more than reasonable.  

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yes it was done because he settled out of court. Watson will also. Watson's problem is the public already sentenced him to banishment. 20 years ago Watson likely escapes. Roethlisberger also. The growth of social media the last 10 years has changed so much. 

 

Take the Ray Rice incident. Greg Hardy had an incident that was going away. But once the Ray Rice incident became viral on social media Greg Hardy's incident came back in the light. Hardy's career over. 

 

Yeah, I do agree that social media is adding to the flame but 22 is the biggest reason.  It makes him look like a serial sexual predator like Cosby. 

For him to have that many suits against him, the public is going to have a hard time forgiving him IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...