Texans' Deshaun Watson accused of indecent conduct in civil lawsuit; QB denies wrongdoing

HOUSE

2 hours ago, mannc said:

I think this is probably correct—he’ll get a chance to play again, barring a significant criminal conviction.  But I doubt he’ll ever be the same.  Watson’s aura of greatness has been shattered and he’s at best a laughingstock now.  We don’t know how this is going to play out yet, but I think Tiger Woods after the 2008 incident is probably the best sports analogy.

Woods wasn't charged with or accused of assault.  He just got truckloads of poontang

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Woods wasn't charged with or accused of assault.  He just got truckloads of poontang

I know, the situations weren't comparable from that standpoint, but after that incident, Woods clearly lost the huge psychological advantage he had over the rest of the PGA. His aura of invulnerability was shattered, gone for good.  I think the same will be true of Watson, even though he clearly isn't the dominant figure Woods was in his sport. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, mannc said:

I think this is probably correct—he’ll get a chance to play again, barring a significant criminal conviction.  But I doubt he’ll ever be the same.  Watson’s aura of greatness has been shattered and he’s at best a laughingstock now.  We don’t know how this is going to play out yet, but I think Tiger Woods after the 2008 incident is probably the best sports analogy.

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Agreed with WEO here. It is a tough comparable because Watson was a rising star, but he was on some bad teams and hadn't proved staying power yet. Tiger was different, but Tiger has had some other issues that effected his game. Not winning major, after major, after major, is what dulled Tiger's star, not cheating on his wife with the waitress at Denny's. 

Big Ben is a tough one, I mean they both assault women. But Ben also won some super bowls with a really stable franchise who could absorb that. Houston can't manage this. 

I do agree, because he plays the most important position in the league, he will probably see the field again unfortunately. Houston would be one of the few teams though, who would keep Watson around just to spite him. If they do release him (for whatever reason, I don't think they trade him), it feels like Bob Kraft is the perfect partner in crime for DW. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Mango said:

Big Ben is a tough one, I mean they both assault women. But Ben also won some super bowls with a really stable franchise who could absorb that. Houston can't manage this. 

Not only that, but Big Ben's ***** happened in a completely different political and social environment with regard to how this type of stuff plays out in the public eye.

Ray Rice was the catalyst for major changes in how the NFL and the public dealt with this type of stuff from players.

2 minutes ago, Rico said:

Buzbee is a genius.

It kind of looks that way. It's been a death by 1,000 cuts approach. I wouldn't be shocked if he had all these women ready to file and come out day one but saw a better opportunity to slow roll everything and just make it seemingly worst with every passing day and week. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Did he mention why the massage therapists provided by the team weren’t good enough, or why he felt the need to pay for a plane ticket and Uber to fly in a masseuse he found on IG from Atlanta to Houston, which like is the 4th largest city in the US and probably has plenty of options locally? 

2 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

It kind of looks that way. It's been a death by 1,000 cuts approach. I wouldn't be shocked if he had all these women ready to file and come out day one but saw a better opportunity to slow roll everything and just make it seemingly worst with every passing day and week. 

I actually think he used the first filing to recruit the others - he asked in his Instagram (or wherever it was) for other women to come talk to him.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Did he mention why the massage therapists provided by the team weren’t good enough, or why he felt the need to pay for a plane ticket and Uber to fly in a masseuse he found on IG from Atlanta to Houston, which like is the 4th largest city in the US and probably has plenty of options locally? 

Because he's a Millennial apparently.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

WTF?

Did he really say that?

I have not watched the press conference so can’t confirm. I did see the buzbee one earlier this week. I will try to watch it this weekend. But yes this account was live tweeting the Hardin presser

Edited by YoloinOhio